Who has the best stadium in the NFL?

32 minutes ago, jletha said:

I know people love the outdoor stadium for nostalgia but it would be a mistake if they didnt build a domed stadium next time around. Exactly like you said, even if the team is bad it gives people something to do and during winter it will be an escape from the cold.

As much as people want to believe it, the cold/snow in December does not help us at all. Sure maybe teams from the south arent used to it but neither are most of our players and it puts both teams at a disadvantage. It also is a massive deterrent to a fanbase that is one of the smallest in the NFL.

It wasn't always that way. Buffalo players used to ride snowmobiles, hunt, and sleep on their porches in T shirts. Raiders 51-3 baby. Today they are kitties.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:
6 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Oh wow! I guess you told me! What a Zero

Yeah, wanting a new stadium in Buffalo makes me a Zero. We could always stay at New Era field until the stadium falls apart we get moved, that'd make me a real winner then.

No. We all want a new stadium. What makes you a zero is posting on an internet forum and then getting upset because a reply doesn't fit your desires. If you want nothing but responses that fit your idea of a proper response, then you should start your own forum, make it private and provide rules to your membership that if someone makes a post that you don't like, you will blow a gasket. You really need to lighten up. It's the Internet!

For an old curmudgeon like me, I loved Lambeau. I mean criminy were two rows from the top and sight lines were like the clubs. The concourses were awesome and wide and plenty of space.

Being a realist, I also understand a roof of some kind is prolly a have to have, not a nice to have.

So if we could build a Lambeau type field, a big bowl with bench seating, nicer clubs for the swells to sit in up top..and stick a retractable see-through roof on that sucker I am all in.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

This is about the dome stadium N.Y. and Erie County can afford:

AnimatedDearestAztecant-small.gif

.....and given how bad the Bills are, about what they deserve.

This is what most Bills games seem like by the time they end:

giphy.gif

(Mel is the opposing team, the Bills are the bucket head guy)

is there any thread on this board that you don't drop a deuce in?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

The Ralph for life.

I am actually fine with that..but i do think December game attendance be better with a roof. Even when team is competitive, lots of folks will not sit in the cold when every game now is guaranteed to be on TV

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RobH063 said:

No. We all want a new stadium. What makes you a zero is posting on an internet forum and then getting upset because a reply doesn't fit your desires. If you want nothing but responses that fit your idea of a proper response, then you should start your own forum, make it private and provide rules to your membership that if someone makes a post that you don't like, you will blow a gasket. You really need to lighten up. It's the Internet!

This thread was about NFL stadiums, design and architecture, it's not a goddamn debate about whether a new stadium will get built or not. It's a hypothetical, which NFL stadium would you like in a Buffalo? Simple. And I do think a new stadium gets built, the NFL definitely wants it, our current stadium is ancient. Pegs is playing hardball, I think he wants one too but it's all about the bottom line. It's nothing more than fronting and politics, it'll get done.

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

Viking’s stadium would be my pick. 

i hate the idea of a dome, but I would agree that the vikings stadium is pretty amazing with all that glass and natural light.

is that retractable?  Can't imagine a football game without the elements.   Imagine a nice or winter afternoon of tailgating and then step inside to a dome.   We did it in Atlanta not long ago, and it sucks the life out of you.  They don't tailgate there, it's all cement parking garages which is so lame, but we were just hanging outside and then went inside and it was tragic.

personally i'd do what Lambeau did.  Add some suites up and away and keep the rest the way it is.   If I want glitz and huge video screens flashing and blaring all day I'll go to Vegas.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am actually fine with that..but i do think December game attendance be better with a roof. Even when team is competitive, lots of folks will not sit in the cold when every game now is guaranteed to be on TV

If this team is ever in serious contention in december again that barn will be full, roof or not.

I will add that I do think regularly cramming three home games here in December is a bit of an attempt at sway by the league to prod ownership towards a new building. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:
9 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

This thread was about NFL stadiums, design and architecture, it's not a goddamn debate about whether a new stadium will get built or not. It's a hypothetical, which NFL stadium would you like in a Buffalo? Simple. And I do think a new stadium gets built, the NFL definitely wants it, our current stadium is ancient. Pegs is playing hardball, I think he wants one too but it's all about the bottom line. It's nothing more than fronting and politics, it'll get done.

Valium or Xanax would be a good option for you. To get this upset over an internet post about a sports team and stadium is disturbing. I'm not going to hear about you on the news am I?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve maybe been to about 1/3rd of them. The new Atlanta stadium is far and away the nicest that I’ve been to. I haven’t been to Jerry World yet though (next season). 

In in terms of the model for the Bills Lucas Oil seems to be the most practical. 

They have the retractable roof working again, which makes it even better. While it’s great for football and soccer, I’m fascinated by the Vikings stadium, but I have not been there (yet). 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If this team is ever in serious contention in december again that barn will be full, roof or not.

I will add that I do think regularly cramming three home games here in December is a bit of an attempt at sway by the league to prod ownership towards a new building. 

well, the Colts game last year had 35K there..and the snow was now where near projected to be as bad as it was. I was not at the Miami game, so dont remember if that was full or not.

I think lifting the blackout rule can hurt a team like the Bills..i thought it was a good rule.

3 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Valium or Xanax would be a good option for you. To get this upset over an internet post about a sports team and stadium is disturbing. I'm not going to hear about you on the news am I?

I'm not upset at all, why would you think that? I am refuting your nonsense. Start your own thread on how the Bills will not be building a new stadium. Do it. I don't like to live life pretending the worst case scenario is going to happen. Bills don't build a new stadium. A puppy dies. I'm a mass shooter. A comet the size of Texas crashes into the Earth from outer space. :lol:

But the worst case scenario very rarely happens and the Earth keeps spinning. Peace.

Those who don't want a new stadium: If you want Goodell and other owners to stay mad at Buffalo and do things to hurt the franchise on the field, stay in New Era.

We must give into the billionaires greed to have a chance in today's NFL. Build a new stadium and fast.

• Thank you (+1) 1