Would you pursue Patrick Kane

RPbillsfan

With the coaching change and a potential rebuild in Chicago would you make a draft pick offer for Patrick Kane.  He's only 29 and would have three to four quality years left.

We do have three first round picks and I'm wondering if Kane is the additional forward to add with so much depth in our farm system.

Your thoughts?

He's a great hockey player, but one of those home town guys you probably would not be wise to have brought here to play. I think surrounding him with all his friends would just lead him to more trouble.

Just coming home to visit in the offseason hes had an alleged rape, and before that an assault of a cab driver.

5 hours ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Yes, his "Off-Ice" issues are built up way too much.

We could never make it work with the cap. Chicago would have to take AT LEAST Okposo just to get him under our cap. They have no reason at all to do that unless Kane refuses to be traded anywhere but here.

Accused of Rape/Sexual Assualt, Punching a Cab Driver, known partier/drinker

Yeah, built up way too much, not like that other Kane that just left..........

I would say maybe, depending on the cost.   I also doubt Chicago is going for a complete tear-down at this point.

They have Jeff Skinner, who is 3 years younger and production wont be far off from Kane.  Kane makes $10.5 million against the cap.  Skinner may be $7-$9 million against.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:32 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

If it wasn't for the rape thing and being a Grade A douchebag... Yes.  

But no way now.  Have a nice life scum bag.

The "rape thing" was a failed money grab..and if want to talk about "D" - bags,look no further than Jack,he's a young,cocky kid in public.