Sign in to follow this  
notwoz

The gap between the haves and have-nots is growing wider

22 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

IMHO The ‘problem’ is not that aren’t enough elite quarterbacks. The problem is that right there are a handful who simply won’t retire even while playing at an incredibly high level. We’ve really not seen this before. Those half dozen guys know more about the game and the play than the coaches on either sideline do. That generation can’t play forever...or can they?

So the problem is a half a dozen old guys won’t retire? I get what you are saying. Even if all of them walk away this year I find it hard to believe parity will be that much more even. Cream will rise to the top of course, but teams, chemistry, coaches still matter and there isn’t enough of any to make 32 winners. In every league, on opening day they may all have a chance but Vegas has future odds for a reason.

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Exactly.  Saban is a God in Alabama, same with Urban in Ohio State but I think that is weakening a bit.  Sweeny in Clemson.  These guys can do no wrong and their kids either get in line of find another school because there are a dozen 5 star recruits waiting to take their place.   It's better right now to be a college coach than an NFL HC.    Unless you're Gruden and you are going to get 100 million dollars to essentially ruin a franchise. 

...exactly why Saban bailed on the 'Fins....didn't have the golden hammer to intimidate divas..............

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly why Saban bailed on the 'Fins....didn't have the golden hammer to intimidate divas..............

I don't think he ever intended to stay in Miami.  I think it was a stepping stone to get from LSU to Alabama and not have the fans in Louisiana be as upset.