Chat Bots--Love em or Hate em?

plenzmd1

Is this the thing that pops up in the lower right hand corner saying "Do you want to talk with someone?" or whatever?

They're terrible.  Just clutter to be closed out before I can start to access the page.

Some websites have so much crap on them, pop-ups, etc., that if it takes too long to get that crap out of the way so I can actually use the site, I just close it and move on...which is probably not good for your business/site.

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thinking of putting one on our landing page, but think I am starting to get sick of them popping up on what seems like every stinking page I go to anymore.., especially B2B sites. Curious if yall are getting there as well?

If there's actually someone on the other end who can assist, I love them and use them.

If I don't need to talk to anyone, I click the little "x" in the upper right-hand corner and go on about my business.

they way Drift and others configure them is it is a bot there to answer simple questions, FAQs etc..and then you can request to speak with a live person. Thought is it is easier for people to give information..like email or phone number.than having to fill out a form to get a whitepaper or some other asset

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Okay... Somebody please translate.  I am 50 years old... Don't know what this means.

But I wanna be hip to the tech!

Help!  A Millennial stat!  I need a Millennial!  Is there a Millennial in da house!

Go slow... Walk me through, I am a fast learner!

Remember how you used to call those 900 numbers all the time?

It's like that but not for your wee wee.

• Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Okay... Somebody please translate.  I am 50 years old... Don't know what this means.

But I wanna be hip to the tech!

Help!  A Millennial stat!  I need a Millennial!  Is there a Millennial in da house!

Go slow... Walk me through, I am a fast learner!

quick explanation...and its nothing like what dummy millennial Levi is trying to explain.

When you go onto many websites now, a little box will pop up in that corner that says" hI, I am Paul, can I help you find something today"..in a chat window. Typcially, there is no person there, it is strictly a bot that uses machine learning and AI to understand typed words and phrases and deliver a more "personalized" experience on a web page. Christ, there  a ton of voice bots now that you can not even tell you are talking to a computer on a service call..

my guess is you prolly interact with at least 10 bots a week and have no idea you are doing so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

quick explanation...and its nothing like what dummy millennial Levi is trying to explain.

When you go onto many websites now, a little box will pop up in that corner that says" hI, I am Paul, can I help you find something today"..in a chat window. Typcially, there is no person there, it is strictly a bot that uses machine learning and AI to understand typed words and phrases and deliver a more "personalized" experience on a web page. Christ, there  a ton of voice bots now that you can not even tell you are talking to a computer on a service call..

my guess is you prolly interact with at least 10 bots a week and have no idea you are doing so.

Danke!

I just got a phone call from one... Was totally unreal!  I just go native and start interrupting all over the place... Can sniff it quickly out!

I used to stutter... Still do at times. So I get all nervous and starting throwing words out. I know I get flak for it, but bots don't wear their heart on their sleeve and interupt.  Maybe someday they will!

I know you are not a Bot! LoL... 

Yet... Funny thing, when I resolved the ticket issue to Pats** game I was chatting with a guy @ Bills.  He could have been a Bot???  I did square away my TicketMaster account!

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yet... Funny thing, when I resolved the ticket issue to Pats** game I was chatting with a guy @ Bills.  He could have been a Bot???  I did square away my TicketMaster account!

Doubtful, we would have heard about a small electrical fire at OBD that day due to a short-circuiting issue.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/9/2018 at 12:56 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Did you just call Exiled a botwhore ?

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've found some of them very helpful, but not the pop up ones. When they're put in the "contact us" section, but not on the home page. On the home page, it's just annoying.

Personally, I don't need the automated ones. If I'm in need of talking/chatting with a person, I've already scourged their website for the answer I need. So when I try them because it's a 50/50 shot that it's a real person, they direct me to a page I've already looked at. But someone who isn't so keen on doing things like that, might use it.