QB's by round

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah it's pretty easy to be pessimistic I mean if the QB turns out bad you're right if he turns out good who cares you have a good QB.

What if your pessimism isn't just pessimism for pessimism's sake though? Some people just love being negative, I get that. Others were very clear pre-draft about which QBs they were optimistic about and which they were pessimistic about. Expecting people to change their minds because of who the Bills draft is asinine.

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Look closely at the list and after the second round I recognize almost no names.  Two caught lightning in a bottle......  Russel Wilson (dropped significantly due to his height and skin colour) and Prescott (again skin colour) who had everything fall into place year one and we slowly are seeing his true colours.......

You must've missed Cousins (dropped due to the lack of success of his predecessors in the same system and his skin colour)

17 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

2012 was a really good QB draft. Funny how early on it was thought of one of the best, then horrible fools gold with all busts (luck and RGIII) with Russel Wilson the only good grab to now with Foles SB MVP, heck Osweiler with some starts in a SB winning season, Cousins, and Russell Wilson winning a SB. Tannehill at least starting as long as he is, although i don't get the Dolphins holding their breath with him by this point. Didn't realize all those guys were in the same draft plus Luck HAS to rebound to at least rookie form at some point (which was really darn good).

Are you really including Luck as a bust?! 

I just want to mention in here that Dak Prescott is very average. The minute they tried to make him into a true NFL quarterback, he's shown he isn't great. His first year was all about simple concepts. Now Dallas is in a weird spot because there is no 5th year option and they kind off have to pay him. This might become Redskins-Cousins all over again. 

If you are going to get a quarterback, take him high. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I just want to mention in here that Dak Prescott is very average. The minute they tried to make him into a true NFL quarterback, he's shown he isn't great. His first year was all about simple concepts. Now Dallas is in a weird spot because there is no 5th year option and they kind off have to pay him. This might become Redskins-Cousins all over again. 

If you are going to get a quarterback, take him high. 

Yea Dak is not Romo. He is kind of Alex Smith esque. He can make the safe plays and is a threat with his legs and if you give him a run game and a defense he will win you games. But he hasn't shown any progression as a passer at all. I think he was underrated coming into the league... and probably is a bit overrated now after that great rookie year.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

2012 was a really good QB draft. Funny how early on it was thought of one of the best, then horrible fools gold with all busts (luck and RGIII) with Russel Wilson the only good grab to now with Foles SB MVP, heck Osweiler with some starts in a SB winning season, Cousins, and Russell Wilson winning a SB. Tannehill at least starting as long as he is, although i don't get the Dolphins holding their breath with him by this point. Didn't realize all those guys were in the same draft plus Luck HAS to rebound to at least rookie form at some point (which was really darn good).

Who needs foles or wilson - we got TJ graham.

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Dak is not Romo. He is kind of Alex Smith esque. He can make the safe plays and is a threat with his legs and if you give him a run game and a defense he will win you games. But he hasn't shown any progression as a passer at all. I think he was underrated coming into the league... and probably is a bit overrated now after that great rookie year.

Very tentative - looks like Tyrod more often than you would want in a starting QB.

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Are you really including Luck as a bust?! 

I'm just appeasing the seemingly large Luck haters. But the injuries have simply derailed his career. Sucks but Colts might be thinking they'd have Wilson rather.

But IMHO Luck is fantastic. From rookie year when he played us I was psyched about his career. He gave us no chance and was methodical, smart, accurate. Moved the chains to kill clock before throwing a 2 score game winning TD with 2 minutes left on an 8 minute drive with a lot of completed in bounds passes. Rookies don't do that haha, they get nervous, mess up, hell even the good rookies just score too fast like setting up a FG for a 6 point lead instead of 10 with plenty of time on the clock. Most just throw interceptions or 3 and outs.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

He already has....Luck has lit the NFL up in terms of passing yards and TDs thus far this year, here are his stats for 8 games:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2018.htm#all_passing

No. Player 
Age Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
12 Andrew Luck 29 QB 8 8 3-5-0 225 342 65.8 2187 23 6.7 8 2.3 42 6.4 6.7 9.7 273.4 96.2 65.4 10 76 6.00 6.28 2.8 1 1

I know. Luck is awesome. Just a lot of haters on him for some weird reason that I'm qualifying even without him it's a great draft. If you choose to consider him as I do a future consistebt all-pro Quarterback makes my point all the better. If you're convinced he's a bust (he's not) then it's a great QB draft regardless

• Like (+1) 1