QB's by round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Interesting to see all that were taken and how many stick.

Sorry but again just makes me shake my head in disbelief that this clown McDermott thinking Peterman was ready to start vs. LAC and no viable plan for 2018 and again named the starter.

Again nothing against NP, but look at the list and how many (and the number of much higher picks) that never sniffed anything close to the opportunity NP has been given over and over......

Edited by Billsfan1972

For some reason I'm seeing the name Tanner Lee from Nebraska and laughing.  He was taken 203rd overall by Jacksonville in the 6th round.

Seems like the kind of guy who will end up starting for the Bills in 4 or 5 years, after he moves around the league and stews in obscurity.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry but again just makes me shake my head in disbelief the this clown McDermott thinking Peterman was ready to start vs. LAC and no viable plan for 2018 and again named the starter.

Again nothing against NP, but look at the list and how many never sniffed anothing close to the opportunity NP has been given over and over......

I have said it many times recently, that I cant believe how many people keep defending or saying that Nate deserves more chances when he hasnt shown anything in real games or much in his college career that would say he deserves as many chances or more as he has had to this point to play in the NFL.....

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

For some reason I'm seeing the name Tanner Lee from Nebraska and laughing.  He was taken 203rd overall by Jacksonville in the 6th round.

Seems like the kind of guy who will end up starting for the Bills in 4 or 5 years, after he moves around the league and stews in obscurity.

Your posts are so bad

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

Look closely at the list and after the second round I recognize almost no names.  Two caught lightning in a bottle......  Russel Wilson (dropped significantly due to his height and skin colour) and Prescott (again skin colour) who had everything fall into place year one and we slowly are seeing his true colours.......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I have said it many times recently, that I cant believe how many people keep defending or saying that Nate deserves more chances when he hasnt shown anything in real games or much in his college career that would say he deserves as many chances or more as he has had to this point to play in the NFL.....

The same can be said of Josh Allen, and that applies to his entire football career, but for the incredibly high price we paid to get him.  That and the fact that McBeane are literally gambling their jobs on his success are the only reasons why he will be given every chance to succeed here.  

But he shouldn't be in that position.  He should be sitting on the back burner as a make or break project while the real QB plays football for the Bills.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Your posts are so bad

Right, b/c the Bills organization has no history of any kind doing business with middling journeyman talents at the QB position! 

This is the franchise that just had AJ McCarron in camp and has been playing Derek Anderson off the street!  To name a couple of names from the last few months! 

You really aren't tuned in, are you?

• Like (+1) 1

Look whether Allen becomes the franchise QB or not remains to be seen.  As the #7 pick he needs the opportunity to crash and burn on his own.  The point is it was done and now the Bills need to see what they got.  

The list contains a lot of top 10 failures.

The point however is what were the Bills Braintrust thinking giving the keys to the car to a 5th round rookie? 

Oh and who will forget all those defending the decision before the LAC game (and many still today) looking at the results and the list attached. 

At least I was consistant from the day he was named the starter vs. LAC....... 

18 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The same can be said of Josh Allen, and that applies to his entire football career, but for the incredibly high price we paid to get him.  That and the fact that McBeane are literally gambling their jobs on his success are the only reasons why he will be given every chance to succeed here.  

But he shouldn't be in that position.  He should be sitting on the back burner as a make or break project while the real QB plays football for the Bills.

Right, b/c the Bills organization has no history of any kind doing business with middling journeyman talents at the QB position! 

This is the franchise that just had AJ McCarron in camp and has been playing Derek Anderson off the street!  To name a couple of names from the last few months! 

You really aren't tuned in, are you?

I can't wait for Josh Allen to shut you up with a great career.  Your act of criticizing Allen & the Bills for taking him wore thin 10,000 posts ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

2012 was a really good QB draft. Funny how early on it was thought of one of the best, then horrible fools gold with all busts (luck and RGIII) with Russel Wilson the only good grab to now with Foles SB MVP, heck Osweiler with some starts in a SB winning season, Cousins, and Russell Wilson winning a SB. Tannehill at least starting as long as he is, although i don't get the Dolphins holding their breath with him by this point. Didn't realize all those guys were in the same draft plus Luck HAS to rebound to at least rookie form at some point (which was really darn good).

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry but again just makes me shake my head in disbelief that this clown McDermott thinking Peterman was ready to start vs. LAC and no viable plan for 2018 and again named the starter.

Again nothing against NP, but look at the list and how many (and the number of much higher picks) that never sniffed anything close to the opportunity NP has been given over and over...…

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Look whether Allen becomes the franchise QB or not remains to be seen.  As the #7 pick he needs the opportunity to crash and burn on his own.  The point is it was done and now the Bills need to see what they got.  

The list contains a lot of top 10 failures.

The point however is what were the Bills Braintrust thinking giving the keys to the car to a 5th round rookie? 

Oh and who will forget all those defending the decision before the LAC game (and many still today) looking at the results and the list attached. 

At least I was consistant from the day he was named the starter vs. LAC....... 

The Bills were thinking that their starting QB had 2 horrible games & they needed to shake things up, so they went to their backup.  When you blast them for starting a 5th rounder, you seem to forget that Tyrod was a 6th rounder who beat out a former 1st rounder to get the job.  

I've never though much of Peterman but what else were they supposed to do?  Last year they only had 2 QBs and jack of all trades Joe Webb, this year they signed AJ who STB in camp & didn't want to be a backup.  

The Bills get blasted for starting Peterman, but SF starts an undrafted free agent who has never taken a snap before & all of a sudden because he lit it up against the worst team in the NFL, they're geniuses.  

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I fear it's going to be a long wait.

You need to conquer your fears.  Be brave.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't wait for Josh Allen to shut you up with a great career.  Your act of criticizing Allen & the Bills for taking him wore thin 10,000 posts ago. 

How many QBs since Kelly have people said this for?

Seems like the “haters” have a pretty good track record for being right.

Just now, Bangarang said:

How many times have the Bills drafted a top 10 QB?  Try ZERO.  

They have no track record when it comes to top 10 QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Bills were thinking that their starting QB had 2 horrible games & they needed to shake things up, so they went to their backup.  When you blast them for starting a 5th rounder, you seem to forget that Tyrod was a 6th rounder who beat out a former 1st rounder to get the job.  

I've never though much of Peterman but what else were they supposed to do?  Last year they only had 2 QBs and jack of all trades Joe Webb, this year they signed AJ who STB in camp & didn't want to be a backup.  

The Bills get blasted for starting Peterman, but SF starts an undrafted free agent who has never taken a snap before & all of a sudden because he lit it up against the worst team in the NFL, they're geniuses.  

Start Tyrod. Hindsight is a pretty good measuring stick for us because we can see that the Bills had no idea how bad Peterman would be after getting to know him in 6 months and CHOSE to switch against a team on the furthest side away from Buffalo with a monster pass rush. Peterman sucked, it's their job to have a good idea how much he would suck.

And the 49ers had a good OC and saw their UDFA could make NFL throws, and ran with it against a terrible defense. Plus they truly had no choice.. but hindsight, if they saw Peterman backing up a QB plagued injury corp they woulda signed somebody after Garrappolo when properly evaluating the dude.

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Start Tyrod. Hindsight is a pretty good measuring stick for us because we can see that the Bills had no idea how bad Peterman would be after getting to know him in 6 months and CHOSE to switch against a team on the furthest side away from Buffalo with a monster pass rush. Peterman sucked, it's their job to have a good idea how much he would suck.

And the 49ers had a good OC and saw their UDFA could make NFL throws, and ran with it against a terrible defense. Plus they truly had no choice.. but hindsight, if they saw Peterman backing up a QB plagued injury corp they woulda signed somebody after Garrappolo when properly evaluating the dude.

Give u0 the #65 pick and pay $20m to have a medicore QB for one rebuilding season?   Uh....no thanks.

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

How many times have the Bills drafted a top 10 QB?  Try ZERO.  

They have no track record when it comes to top 10 QBs. 

You’re right, QBs taken in the top 10 rarely bust. The Bills have never taken a QB as high as Allen so obviously that alone means he will have a great career!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Yeah it's pretty easy to be pessimistic I mean if the QB turns out bad you're right if he turns out good who cares you have a good QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

...add in our very own to your laughter.......guy's travel agent is a millionaire by now...................

Bottom Line

Expect Barkley to be the fourth first-round passer Southern California has produced since 2003 (Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez). Though not elite in terms of his height, arm strength, or mobility, he will capably move an NFL offense with accurate short throws possessing sufficient zip (69.1 percent completion rate in 2011), solid decision-making ability, and enough downfield touch to take advantage of a talented receiving corps. Although it ended disappointingly, the fact he decided to return to school for 2012 to help his team compete for a national championship after being on a postseason ban is just one measure of his intangibles.