(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

58 minutes ago, mannc said:

We are talking about top ten d-linemen from Alabama.  Those guys are LOCKS to become NFL starters, if not stars.  Name me a defensive lineman from Alabama who was drafted in the top ten in the past ten years and who did not start in the NFL.

I addressed this in another post...but its so factually wrong I felt I needed to reply separately.  

There is ONLY one Alabama DL taken in the top 10 since 1990 (over 28 years)...that is Marcel Dareus.  And this board declares him a bust and we just dumped him for a 6th round pick.  

So where is this top 10 Alabama DL dominance?  Lets expand it to all of the first round, then its 3 total since 1990...Marcel then Allen in 2017 and Payne in 2018, only Marcel going top 10.  And jury is still out on both of them.  

So where are these "LOCKS" you speak of?  

Once again...those pesky facts.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I understand the argument and I've always said it's incredibly insane to think a college team could beat a pro team in any sport. I think this is more about the huge amount they'd have to cover.

With McDermott, Daboll, and especially Peterman...I'm really not sure we'd score enough to win by 29. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The football expertise of TSW is NOT a relevant argument to make...

I’m not talking about our poll. The one from the original tweet from the action network. I’m guessing that their followers are a fairly heterogenous group of sports fans and degenerate gamblers.

4 hours ago, billspro said:

It’s funny when people underestimate 20 years old. These guys all have grown man size and the strength and conditioning at Alabama is no joke. Usually their dline go in the first and second round. They also hold up well their rookie years. They usually have first round LBs as well. It’s not like this oline would be able to run at will on them. This is barely an NFL offence. The weakness of Alabama would be forcing them into nickel and pass coverage. That is not necessarily our strength. Our defence would own their offence because our dline would destroy them. 

We could take the entire Alabama alumni drafted into the NFL and busted to PS today on our roster today.. so going by draft position is a great measure. We'd have pretty much the entire recent Bama all stars, (Trent Richardson!!!) the past few years not named Cooper, Julio Jones, and the 20 or so other alumni playing impactful NFL football and we'd have all their former best players good enough to be drafted.. grown up.. today. But our current team is already better regardless cause we don't need to cobble together practice squad players. Because we're a professional team. Alabama can't pick up a college all star from a practice squad today like we can.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Here are the Alabama players in the NFL by draft year:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=A&collegeName=Alabama&abbrFlag=0&type=school

They send a lot of complimentary players, but not a lot of stars...

Half those guys just going 5 years back are available as free agents by now, and they were the best Alabama had. And we choose not to have them because there are 200 other schools with players too.

Can we just say the fact Trent Richardson was supposed to be the next Adrian Peterson with Alabama is available for us to play against Alabama.. the same guy who terrorized CFB is a FA we can simply grab to terrorize CFB some more but choose not to because he's not good despite being a BAMA HIGH DRAFT PICK.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Half those guys just going 5 years back are available as free agents by now, and they were the best Alabama had. And we choose not to have them because there are 200 other schools with players too.

Probably half of our team will be free agents next year too. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Probably half of our team will be free agents next year too. Just saying.

Yeah and we can just replace them with all the Alabama UDFAs next year that are supposed to be better-than-bills good... Get it? we'll always be better than Alabama because they are literally feeding into the NFL. Except there's 200 other teams with pretty good players too.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Follow up hypothetical: can Matter Dai High School football beat.. Syracuse? UB? They have a ton of recruits going into CFB. In fact Syracuse can scholarship 90% of their roster if they wanted to. That would be like.. 100% of Mater Dei HS playing D1. Unprecedented. 

Bills can draft all Alabama grads and sign every remaining UDFA available.. every Alabama player could go pro. That would be unprecedented.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks