(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

5 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

I do love all the what if people. Coulda, shoulda, blah ,blah, blah. If my uncle was a woman he would have been my aunt. Hypothetical crap like that does nothing for me. It is like saying if so and so would have caught that ball like he should have , we would have won the game.  In high school track I would always beat this same kid in the 100 yard dash. And every time after the race he would say " I almost beat you". I would just smile and rub the 1st place medal between my fingers as I walked away. If the guy would have trained harder instead of being satisfied with coming in second ,he wouldn't have to settle. He is probably still walking around in life telling himself "what if " scenarios. I just chuckle when people come on here with their what if posts.

Please show one quote where NFL players completely disagree. And not one that is a reporter or tv analyst. They get paid to stir things up and get reviews. Just find one NFL player.

No what ifs, he was 9-7 in 2005 after taking over a team that was 4-12 the previous year. Those are facts. The Dolphins tried to sign Drew Brees but he failed the physical. This isn’t some far-fethched “if my aunt was an uncle” scenario. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1448986-miami-dolphins-nick-saban-says-team-offered-drew-brees-contract-in-2006.amp.html

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

There needs to be a " Pros vs Colleges" Bowl game the week after the NFL regular season ends. Best college team (Bama) vs the worst NFL team (Would be us, Oakland, or Arizona this season). The worst NFL team would embarrass Bama. Half their team would get injured. I doubt Bama gets more than five first downs in the game.

The Raiders could play say Ohio State ?

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

After last night's UGA/Alabama game I think we can safely put this nonsense thread out to pasture. Mods, please lock.

Its so odd that they haven’t simply given you that ability, you know, given how you are always right all the time. You could just lock every thread after you post, declaring victory  ?

Edited by NoSaint

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

UB vs. New England (-33).

Who you got?

New England

New England is -49.5 to Alabama according to Westgate. I’m not sure why they’d only give 33 to UB? It’s posted earlier on this article. We should leave the oddsmaking up to the professionals. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

New England

New England is -49.5 to Alabama according to Westgate. I’m not sure why they’d only give 33 to UB? It’s posted earlier on this article. We should leave the oddsmaking up to the professionals. 

was only kidding ;)

A silly post for a silly thread.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No what ifs, he was 9-7 in 2005 after taking over a team that was 4-12 the previous year. Those are facts. The Dolphins tried to sign Drew Brees but he failed the physical. This isn’t some far-fethched “if my aunt was an uncle” scenario. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1448986-miami-dolphins-nick-saban-says-team-offered-drew-brees-contract-in-2006.amp.html

He was 6-10 his 2nd and last year. He also lied to the Dolphin players and owners saying he wasn't going back to Alabama. Nice role model you picked. And that is a what if scenario with Brees. That is like saying what if none of the receivers dropped any of Allens passes would everyone be on his bandwagon? What if posts are retarded.     6-10????  Even the Bills will get to at least that this year.

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

New England

I don’t know, the worst player on NE might not be better than Anthony Johnson. Anthony Johnson is an NFL starter. I’d take UB -14.

30 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I don’t know, the worst player on NE might not be better than Anthony Johnson. Anthony Johnson is an NFL starter. I’d take UB -14.

Don’t be mad at the odds. The people at Westgate plug in all of their data and spit out their odds. Vegas is usually pretty close. They say Alabama is a 49.5 point underdog to New England. This conversation started from THEIR opinion, not ours. 

On 12/2/2018 at 12:36 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

New England

If New England tried their hardest? 110-0 Pats. Bama wouldn't get one first down (Unless it was a bogus PI call). Once a Bama receiver goes over the middle and gets rocked, he wouldn't get up.

Seriously, this discussion is crazy. Raiders are the worst team this year. They'd kill them. Last year's Browns would pummel them too.

3 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

If New England tried their hardest? 110-0 Pats. Bama wouldn't get one first down (Unless it was a bogus PI call). Once a Bama receiver goes over the middle and gets rocked, he wouldn't get up.

Seriously, this discussion is crazy. Raiders are the worst team this year. They'd kill them. Last year's Browns would pummel them too.

So Vegas thinks it’s 49.5 and they are crazy but 110-0 is reasonable? 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:43 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

So many people that haven’t even seen them play until today!! It’s tough to have a strong opinion without ever actually watching. Whatever though, I think that the points have been made in both sides. I think it’s 20, some that I respect (like Thurm) think it’s 40. We will never know. All that we know is a professional thinks it’s 28.5. 

It seems like a lot of people are forgetting the spread aspect of it and just going to heads up.  In a football game weird bounces happen and when it gets to 3 or 4 scores it doesn't matter anymore.  That said the 28.5 isn't even what Vegas thinks WILL happen they just think that is the number that would get bets on both sides.  They have the Pats at 49.5 but would never install the Pats as a 21 point favorite over the Bills.  The number isn't what they think will happen (as you know) but what they think the public will bet on happening.  From this thread it looks like 28.5 is the right number to do that.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

We disagree. I have it at 20. We will never know but certainly we can’t say something will “definitely” happen. They will never play. We all have our opinions by no one is right or wrong. 

I have 2 exceptions to your argument and I want to point out the first here.  This thread came out when Peterman was starting and the Bills offense was historically bad.  Now that they are just bad and Allen is leading the charge, your number doesn't change at all?

On 12/2/2018 at 12:12 AM, HappyDays said:

What's funny is no college team would agree to this because they know they would face numerous serious injuries. I don't care if you have the best college conditioning program in the world. The first hit from an NFL veteran would be a real shock. And the second hit would be even worse.

This is my second exception.  Players talk all the time about their welcome to the NFL moment where they got rocked, or they realized everyone was as fast or as big or as strong as they were.  I know Bama has world class well everything but we are still talking about some 19 and 20 year olds competing against fully grown men.  The 3 year rule is in place imo to protect the players because at 18,19, or 20 most (not all and Bama certainly has some that can) kids can't compete with the functional strength of grown ass men.

Imo it would be a blow out for the Bills.  Final score prediction?  None Bills would win handily which I don't think anyone denies but I don't see the Bills caring whether that was by 21 or 40.