(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So Alabama beat, arguably, the 2nd best team in the country with their backup QB and we are trashing them? 

But they only scored 35 points.  Therefore, Jerry Hughes would injure their players.  

Just now, mannc said:

But they only scored 35 points.  Therefore, Jerry Hughes would injure their players.  

So many people that haven’t even seen them play until today!! It’s tough to have a strong opinion without ever actually watching. Whatever though, I think that the points have been made in both sides. I think it’s 20, some that I respect (like Thurm) think it’s 40. We will never know. All that we know is a professional thinks it’s 28.5. 

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So Alabama beat, arguably, the 2nd best team in the country with their backup QB and we are trashing them? 

They didn't beat the 2nd best team in the  country. They beat the 2nd best college team in the country, by a TD. The Bills have beat 2 other NFL teams this year by more than 20 points. A college offense put up 28 points against Alabama today. Our offense could put up twice that easily. Or is the argument now that Georgia's offense is better than ours?

I don't even necessarily disagree with the 28 point spread, the oddsmaker has to take into account that the Bills would eventually stop trying. He wasn't asked what the spread would be if we gave it our all for 60 minutes. We are unquestionably more than 28 points better than Alabama in a full game.

Edited by HappyDays

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They didn't beat the 2nd best team in the  country. They beat the 2nd best college team in the country, by a TD. The Bills have beat 2 other NFL teams this year by more than 20 points. A college offense put up 28 points against Alabama today. Our offense could put up twice that easily. Or is the argument now that Georgia's offense is better than ours?

I don't even necessarily disagree with the 28 point spread, the oddsmaker has to take into account that the Bills would eventually stop trying. He wasn't asked what the spread would be if we gave it our all for 60 minutes. We are unquestionably more than 28 points better than Alabama in a full game.

We disagree. I have it at 20. We will never know but certainly we can’t say something will “definitely” happen. They will never play. We all have our opinions by no one is right or wrong. 

3 hours ago, mannc said:

So one bad game and now he sucks?

Doesnt suck in college, but all rookie QBs suck when they get to the NFL at first.  Tua would be facing a top 3 NFL defense without ever even going through an OTA, NFL practice, preseason game, etc.  he will be more raw than even a rookie QB starting week 1.

how is this escaping so many people?  Rookies do not come in and dominate the NFL like they dominate in college in their first game.  And even that normal first game comes after 6 months of learning the NFL game in offseason, practice, camps, preseason.  

Its baffling to me that people think a bunch of college kids, some destined for NFL this year, many not ready for the NFL yet, and others that will never even make the NFL will somehow beat an NFL team.  Bama should have lost today, and gave up 28 to another college team.  We’d score 40 to 50 easy and probably shut them out or hold them to single digits.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

There needs to be a " Pros vs Colleges" Bowl game the week after the NFL regular season ends. Best college team (Bama) vs the worst NFL team (Would be us, Oakland, or Arizona this season). The worst NFL team would embarrass Bama. Half their team would get injured. I doubt Bama gets more than five first downs in the game.

18 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

There needs to be a " Pros vs Colleges" Bowl game the week after the NFL regular season ends. Best college team (Bama) vs the worst NFL team (Would be us, Oakland, or Arizona this season). The worst NFL team would embarrass Bama. Half their team would get injured. I doubt Bama gets more than five first downs in the game.

What's funny is no college team would agree to this because they know they would face numerous serious injuries. I don't care if you have the best college conditioning program in the world. The first hit from an NFL veteran would be a real shock. And the second hit would be even worse.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trashing them?!  I don't think anyone is saying they suck. They just would get there ***** handed to them against the Bills.  When you say 2nd best team, you do mean 2nd best college team, right? Bama has 59 players that are either true freshman, rs freshman, or sophomore. That's around 19 to 20 yrs old max. Playing against grown men?! We wipe the floor with them. I could take it a step further and say you're trashing the Bills by saying Bama would keep it under at 20. JMO though.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was 9-7 with trash talent in year one. If he picked Brees instead of Culpepper he’d still be coaching.

I do love all the what if people. Coulda, shoulda, blah ,blah, blah. If my uncle was a woman he would have been my aunt. Hypothetical crap like that does nothing for me. It is like saying if so and so would have caught that ball like he should have , we would have won the game.  In high school track I would always beat this same kid in the 100 yard dash. And every time after the race he would say " I almost beat you". I would just smile and rub the 1st place medal between my fingers as I walked away. If the guy would have trained harder instead of being satisfied with coming in second ,he wouldn't have to settle. He is probably still walking around in life telling himself "what if " scenarios. I just chuckle when people come on here with their what if posts.

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Jeudy and Waddle might  both start for the Bills.  And Waddle is a true freshman.

Ask guys in the NFL who’ve played for and against Alabama.  They completely disagree.  

Please show one quote where NFL players completely disagree. And not one that is a reporter or tv analyst. They get paid to stir things up and get reviews. Just find one NFL player.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

Because he's been killing it with college players ever since he's got to Tuscaloosa... Plus, he's got a killer supporting staff... Bills 42 Bama 14... Back-door 4th

quarter TD kills the spread.

He couldn't kill it with NFL players, but he could with college players? You are killing me Smalls.

1 hour ago, BB@Shooter said:

Please show one quote where NFL players completely disagree. And not one that is a reporter or tv analyst. They get paid to stir things up and get reviews. Just find one NFL player.

Read the article posted upthread.