(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

We don’t necessarily disagree here. I think that they probably have 10+ first rounders and 20+ guys that are top 2 day picks. The Bills don’t have that. They are clearly further along but I don’t see this massive talent disparity. They are at different stages of development. 31-10 has been my prediction and I’m sticking with it. 

The debate is can an 18-19 year old future first/second round pick not get physically dominated every single snap by a 22-30 year old NFL player.  That's it.

I say no.  Every 19 year old would get destroyed.  Every snap.

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

The debate is can an 18-19 year old future first/second round pick not get physically dominated every single snap by a 22-30 year old NFL player.  That's it.

We just disagree. I don’t think either of us is ever changing our opinion and we will never know the answer.

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

We have a pretty good kid that just turned 20 that doesn’t get dominated!

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Did you read the linked article quoting multiple Alabama alums playing in the NFL now?  All of them said Alabama could beat NFL teams, at least on occasion.  Do you think they might be In a better position than you are to predict how Alabama would match up against NFL teams?  

Do you know how many 18-year old are starting for Alabama?  I don’t, but I’d guess zero. And maybe one or two 19-year olds.  And if they are starting at that age, it’s because they are unreal football players.

Edited by mannc

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

Did you read the linked article quoting multiple Alabama alums playing in the NFL now?  All of them said Alabama could beat NFL teams, at least on occasion.  Do you think they might be In a better position than you are to predict how Alabama would match up against NFL teams?  

Do you know how many 18-year old are starting for Alabama?  I don’t, but I’d guess zero. And maybe one or two 19-year olds.  And if they are starting at that age, it’s because they are unreal football players.

I'm not particularly worried about the Cyrus Kujo's of the world. He was an unreal OL prospect.  

15 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'm not particularly worried about the Cyrus Kujo's of the world. He was an unreal OL prospect.  

...and Robert Foster has more yards in the last two games than he did last season at Alabama. He wasn’t good enough to crack the lineup there but is playing a lot here. It works both ways. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and Robert Foster has more yards in the last two games than he did last season at Alabama. He wasn’t good enough to crack the lineup there but is playing a lot here. It works both ways. 

I don't think it does. I don't think there's a lot of random backups at Alabama that end up decent pros. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I don't think it does. I don't think there's a lot of random backups at Alabama that end up decent pros. 

We agree with that. That’s kind of the exact point that I’ve been trying to make. Their talent is elite. I can’t stand them but recognize the quality of player (and coach) that goes to the that program.

Also, Cyrus Kouandjio was the 44th pick in the draft. He wasn’t some elite prospect that failed. He was a guy with some talent and some questions that is now in his 5th NFL season despite some clear off the field issues. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, mannc said:

So Foster doesn’t count?  But Kujo does?  Got it.

Nah he counts.  But I think he's a very rare exception.  In the 2014 draft, for example, there were 8 Bama players drafter.  4 are out of the league,  1 is a fringe guy, 1 is a back up and 2 are starters.

Have there been 3 UDFAs Bama guys who were unproductive in college that had productive NFL careers in the last ten years even?  It's not a 1:1 comparison.  More Bama players bust in the NFL than play well.  It doesn't "go both ways."

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We agree with that. That’s kind of the exact point that I’ve been trying to make. Their talent is elite. I can’t stand them but recognize the quality of player (and coach) that goes to the that program.

Also, Cyrus Kouandjio was the 44th pick in the draft. He wasn’t some elite prospect that failed. He was a guy with some talent and some questions that is now in his 5th NFL season despite some clear off the field issues. 

That's a copout when you've been touting how many "day 2 picks" are on their roster.  Kujo was a day two pick in one of the deepest drafts in NFL history, but now he's got "questions" because he sucks at the NFL level now that he's not blocking the UAB Green Dragons.

3 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Nah he counts.  But I think he's a very rare exception.  In the 2014 draft, for example, there were 8 Bama players drafter.  4 are out of the league,  1 is a fringe guy, 1 is a back up and 2 are starters.

Have there been 3 UDFAs Bama guys who were unproductive in college that had productive NFL careers in the last ten years even?  It's not a 1:1 comparison.  More Bama players bust in the NFL than play well.  It doesn't "go both ways."

This Alabama team is not the 2014 team.  They might be the best ever.  They’ll have at least 9 guys drafted in the first two days. And they have the best QB Alabama has had in a very long time.  And next year will be more of the same.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That's a copout when you've been touting how many "day 2 picks" are on their roster.  Kujo was a day two pick in one of the deepest drafts in NFL history, but now he's got "questions" because he sucks at the NFL level now that he's not blocking the UAB Green Dragons.

He’s has outlived the average NFL career despite a mental breakdown where he ended up with no pants on. I would call a day 2 pick a solid pro. He probably has amounted to an average 2nd rounder.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s has outlived the average NFL career despite a mental breakdown where he ended up with no pants on. I would call a day 2 pick a solid pro. He probably has amounted to an average 2nd rounder.

Yeah, Doug Whaley is happy with Kujo's career from his XFL office.  He's probably on his resume.