(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

45 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Alabama plays against teams that only have a couple guys that will make it to the NFL. Sometimes they play teams where no players will make the NFL. 

This is completely untrue.  Teams like LSU, Georgia, Auburn and the rest of the SEC teams on Bama’s schedule are packed with future NFL players.

Oh, and nowadays, guys who get drafted do in fact play in the NFL right away.  Very few drafted players get released as rookies.

Well, here are the lines for other NFL teams vs. Alabama:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/alabama-spread-against-every-nfl-team-hypothetical-odds

Also, the Bills started and played 2 UDFA rookies from Alabama that had an impact in the game. Neither guy was a star at Bama either. That should give a sense for the level of talent that they are pumping out.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

10 minutes ago, no name said:

then  the bulldogs went on to only score 7 in the 2nd half falling 50-17 to Alabama. I just had to mention that.

Yep and for a half of football they couldn't put up more than 10 points against college players that are already planning other careers. I wonder what we would do to Alabama in a half of football if we didn't take our foot off the gas?

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Alabama is tied with the 4-5 Citadel Bulldogs at halftime. I just had to mention that.

The part that I think should logically stand out but may be lost on you because you are really dug into your argument...

in the bills bama matchup- which team is the overwhelming favorite and which are the scrubs just trying to hang? 

I think its its easy to think that on any given day a bama team could probably hang for quite awhile with a little luck. A 30 point spread is pretty huge still. I don’t think anyone here is arguing that Bama is a better team but that they might be able to win a few matchups and with some good bounces or blown coverages keep it within 4 touchdowns 

On 11/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, mannc said:

Then how do you explain the fact that the Bills’ leading receiver today was a backup for Alabama 12 months ago?

Every starter on Alabama’s team will have a chance to play in the NFL, although of course not all will make it. The point is, the talent level is very high.  

I would absolutely take Alabama’s receiving corps this year over the Bills’. And if you think Alabama’s D-line would get obliterated by the Bills’ o-line, despite today’s performance, then we’ll just have to disagree.  

I love clueless posts /sarcasm

Anyone who thinks it would be a total mismatch is kidding themselves.  This year’s team will have at least 12 guys drafted, and that’s just the guys who decide to come out. And that’s after having 12 guys drafted in 2018.  The Bills have two current starters who were 2018 UDFAs from Alabama and one didn’t even start for the Tide.

How many players on the Bills roster right now are players on an NFL roster? Exactly. How many Bama players (who played the Citadel to a 10-10 halftime score last week) will end up on an NFL roster? Optimistically half of the squad? 75%? Just sayin’. Also, what kind of a difference maker is it to have Saban on the sidelines? In college, unreal. In the NFL, not so much (see, Dolphins experiment). You just can’t compare an oranges to apples world like this.  

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

How many players on the Bills roster right now are players on an NFL roster? Exactly. How many Bama players (who played the Citadel to a 10-10 halftime score last week) will end up on an NFL roster? Optimistically half of the squad? 75%? Just sayin’. Also, what kind of a difference maker is it to have Saban on the sidelines? In college, unreal. In the NFL, not so much (see, Dolphins experiment). You just can’t compare an oranges to apples world like this.  

How many first round draft

picks are on the Bills’ roster?  5, including Star and KB.  How many on Alabama?  Probably 10 guys who will be first round picks this year or next, plus another 7 or 8 who will be 2d or 3d rounders.  The Bills get one first round pick per year; Saban can sign 6 or 7 every year.  Pretty much every starter will either be drafted or will get a shot at the NFL as an UDFA.   There is no big talent disparity.  I’m not saying Alabama would win, but there’s every reason to believe it would be competitive.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Anyone who thinks it would be a total mismatch is kidding themselves.  This year’s team will have at least 12 guys drafted, and that’s just the guys who decide to come out. And that’s after having 12 guys drafted in 2018.  The Bills have two current starters who were 2018 UDFAs from Alabama and one didn’t even start for the Tide.

Foster doesn’t start for The Bills

and the Tide have at most 12 draftees this year... the Bills have 53 professionals 

40+ drafted. 

It wouldn’t be close

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You can if you want to, compare that is. Saban out coaches McDermott any day of the week in any game being played. 

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So how many games does (Marcell) Dareus think the best Alabama team he played on would win?

“The NFL is way too strong, way too fast. There are too many dogs in the NFL,” Dareus says. “I’ll safely say four wins. We’d beat teams because they would make more mistakes than Alabama. We may not be as physical, but other teams would make mistakes we would not.”

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Foster doesn’t start for The Bills

and the Tide have at most 12 draftees this year... the Bills have 53 professionals 

40+ drafted. 

It wouldn’t be close

LOL.  As we just witnessed, Alabama has a true freshman who would be an immediate upgrade for the Bills at WR.  Oh, and Alabama has a better QB than the Bills do.

2 hours ago, Dave Allen said:

So how many games does (Marcell) Dareus think the best Alabama team he played on would win?

“The NFL is way too strong, way too fast. There are too many dogs in the NFL,” Dareus says. “I’ll safely say four wins. We’d beat teams because they would make more mistakes than Alabama. We may not be as physical, but other teams would make mistakes we would not.”

I make Marcel about right. 3 or 4 wins against the bottom feeders.