(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep and that 6 months of experience and NFL conditioning was invaluable. Now take 5 guys, even really good NFL prospects, with zero NFL conditioning and put them next to each other tomorrow. They would be erased by any NFL defensive line.

If you think that the last 5 months have completely transformed him, we don’t agree. I don’t even believe that the Bills conditioning program is better than. Alabama’s. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, just spoke to former NFL player he shook his head, saying that the difference between the worst NFL team and the best college team is still a lot. He said the main difference was that he could run around or push around guys at the college level (major program) but in the NFL everyone is too fast and too strong. You have to execute to do well.

3 minutes ago, flmike said:

Yeah, just spoke to former NFL player he shook his head, saying that the difference between the worst NFL team and the best college team is still a lot. He said the main difference was that he could run around or push around guys at the college level (major program) but in the NFL everyone is too fast and too strong. You have to execute to do well.

Yeah I can see it on TV lol. CFB looks like NFL underwater most of the time.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you think that the last 5 months have completely transformed him, we don’t agree. I don’t even believe that the Bills conditioning program is better than. Alabama’s. 

I'm beginning to think we may just never agree on this topic ;)

Yes I believe 6 months of practicing against other NFL players day in and day out have prepared him better than a bunch of guys playing against other college players all year long. And he wasn't elite today, he made plenty of rookie mistakes. He also had 4 other NFL players next to him. They are not even comparable situations to what the Alabama o-line has been doing.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Our OL took a massive step forward today. They started a 5th round pick 6 months out of college. 

I'll give you that.  

I think the thing that really needs to be said is that Bama has players that will never play in the NFL playing for them while Buf well they are all in the NFL.  Not the best in collegebut the best in the world. what is that top 2500 I think.

Just now, mannc said:

Is this a good time to mention that the Bills’ leading receiver today was a backup for Alabama last year?

Sure, with the caveat that he was bad enough to get sent to the practice squad. After a few months there he is looking competent. A lot of rookie WRs take a few months or a year to develop into starting caliber players. So you're going to take 3 college receivers with no NFL conditioning and start them tomorrow against NFL defenders. They will be obliterated. Along with everyone else playing for Alabama.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I'll give you that.  

I think the thing that really needs to be said is that Bama has players that will never play in the NFL playing for them while Buf well they are all in the NFL.  Not the best in collegebut the best in the world. what is that top 2500 I think.

Then how do you explain the fact that the Bills’ leading receiver today was a backup for Alabama 12 months ago?

Every starter on Alabama’s team will have a chance to play in the NFL, although of course not all will make it. The point is, the talent level is very high.  

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure, with the caveat that he was bad enough to get sent to the practice squad. After a few months there he is looking competent. A lot of rookie WRs take a few months or a year to develop into starting caliber players. So you're going to take 3 college receivers with no NFL conditioning and start them tomorrow against NFL defenders. They will be obliterated. Along with everyone else playing for Alabama.

I would absolutely take Alabama’s receiving corps this year over the Bills’. And if you think Alabama’s D-line would get obliterated by the Bills’ o-line, despite today’s performance, then we’ll just have to disagree.  

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then how do you explain the fact that the Bills’ leading receiver today was a backup for Alabama 12 months ago?

Every starter on Alabama’s team will have a chance to play in the NFL, although of course not all will make it. The point is, the talent level is very high.  

I would absolutely take Alabama’s receiving corps this year over the Bills’. And if you think Alabama’s D-line would get obliterated by the Bills’ o-line, despite today’s performance, then we’ll just have to disagree.  

Oh my god. Robert Foster had a better day than Calvin Ridley today. He should have been taken in the first round. #Bamaboys 

Edited by BringBackOrton

On 11/8/2018 at 2:04 PM, rodneykm said:

The Bills. Even with Peterman at QB.

I really hate this argument though. You are comparing the best of the best college players vs a college team with some NFL caliber talent on it. 

It would be a bloodbath. Alabama would get destroyed. 

I don’t even understand the premise. They are assuming the Bills 4th string qb is starting? Alrighty. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Yup last year they definitely had a better reciever than anyone we have.  Im talking about 46 players.

But like I said all you can do is speculate.  You tell an NFL player whos played at both levels that and see what they say.

The speed of the game and talent level is much higher.  You have to realize Bama is the best college team but you see them play college teams that arnt what they are.  You see them beat up on lesser talent.  Buffalo just anihilated another team that would destroy Bama. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

You really think he’s suddenly a different player a month later?

25 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yup last year they definitely had a better reciever than anyone we have.  Im talking about 46 players.

But like I said all you can do is speculate.  You tell an NFL player whos played at both levels that and see what they say.

The speed of the game and talent level is much higher.  You have to realize Bama is the best college team but you see them play college teams that arnt what they are.  You see them beat up on lesser talent.  Buffalo just anihilated another team that would destroy Bama. 

It’s true, all either of us can do is speculate.  

What we pretty much know is that Alabama has four or five starters who will be taken in the first round of the 2019 NFL draft, another 8 or 9 guys who will be drafted later, and 4 or 5 others (like Levi Wallace and Robert Foster) who won’t get drafted but will get a shot as a UFA.  (The Tide had 12 players drafted last year, and this year’s team is even better.)

So that’s about 14 to 17 players on this year’s team who will probably be on an NFL roster next year. And that’s just the guys who declare for the 2019 draft; It doesn’t even include the sophomores or juniors on the team who are going to return to school.  So the notion that a team like Alabama has a lot of guys starting who won’t ever get a sniff of the NFL is complete nonsense.  There is no massive talent disparity between the Bills and the Tide.

Edited by mannc

25 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I supposed it's more likely he's an All-Pro #1 WR that went undrafted because Alabama is just that deep.

The reality is he’s pretty much the same guy. He’s a guy that they probably should have used to stretch the field all year. He was a 5 star recruit so he wasn’t some unknown. Foster is the same guy that he’s been for years. He’s a big play threat that struggles to track the ball. The month on the PS didn’t change him. The opportunity changed him.

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Again, I didn’t make this spread!! This is a professional oddsmaker. 

I know the 28.5 point spread came from a professional bookmaker, but since this hypothetical game will never be played, the bookmaker doesn't have anything to lose if he badly miscalculates.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

What we pretty much know is that Alabama has four or five starters who will be taken in the first round of the 2019 NFL draft, another 8 or 9 guys who will be drafted later, and 4 or 5 others (like Levi Wallace and Robert Foster) who won’t get drafted but will get a shot as a UFA.  (The Tide had 12 players drafted last year, and this year’s team is even better.)

So that’s about 14 to 17 players on this year’s team who will probably be on an NFL roster next year. And that’s just the guys who declare for the 2019 draft; It doesn’t even include the sophomores or juniors on the team who are going to return to school.  So the notion that a team like Alabama has a lot of guys starting who won’t ever get a sniff of the NFL is complete nonsense.  There is no massive talent disparity between the Bills and the Tide.

lol experience at the NFL level + talent.

Now the #1 Defense in the NFL against a college team.  How many hall of fame worthy platers are on Alabama.

I guess Crack is still the drug of choice in western New York.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Just because guys get drafted doesnt mean they are ready to play in the NFL right away. Takes more than just talent to be successful in the NFL. Alabama plays against teams that only have a couple guys that will make it to the NFL. Sometimes they play teams where no players will make the NFL. That all changes playing an NFL team. Just the schemes alone would confuse Alabama to the point they couldnt do much. Any NFL team would beat Bama by 40.  

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Whenever someone’s entire argument is “college is no the NFL”...

zero point zero

Whenever anyone is too lazy to check their response's spelling

Stormcrow_83571328748550.jpg

NO college team can beat a Pro team............................