(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bills 30- Alabama 10 has been my prediction. I don’t think it’s crazy at all. Vegas says 28.5. I think it’s closer to 20. 

We put up 27 on the Vikings. I mean if you're saying we would stop trying after a half, sure. Maybe that's what the Vegas oddsmaker was thinking when he set that line. I was always assuming the question was how much could we win by, and the correct answer is at least 50. We made Kirk Cousins fumble twice. The first person Jerry Hughes knocks down would drop the ball and exit the game.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We put up 27 on the Vikings. I mean if you're saying we would stop trying after a half, sure. Maybe that's what the Vegas oddsmaker was thinking when he set that line. I was always assuming the question was how much could we win by, and the correct answer is at least 50. We made Kirk Cousins fumble twice. The first person Jerry Hughes knocks down would drop the ball and exit the game.

Yep. It’s men vs boys. Alabama would have no answer for Hughes. Hell, Shaq Lawson would get a couple whacks on the QB. Our OL would keep clean pockets all day, and we’d get 8 yards a carry.

The more I think about this, the more I would want it to happen for the Bills confidence boost. 

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah that's absurd.  You're basically arguing that Alabama has an offense that could be better than the Vikings this season.  

They just shut out ranked teams in back to back weeks. I don’t know what people are seeing that leads them to believe that the Bills will march up and down the field? The Bills have 3 guys on offense that will be starting in the NFL next year (Dawkins, McCoy and Allen). There are at least that many on the Alabama defense (Williams, Thompson, Davis). 

The Bills defense would give Alabama fits. I don’t think it’s absurd to think that they score once on offense and convert a turnover into a FG. That means the Bills need to produce 39 points to cover. That doesn’t seem likely to me. 

Again, I didn’t make this spread!! This is a professional oddsmaker. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We also put up 3 against Baltimore, zero against GB, 5 against the Colts, 6 against the Pats, and 9 against the Bears. I’m not sure pointing to the 1 effective half of football that the offense has played is an accurate depiction. That is the outlier not the norm.

We average 10.7 points per game!! The next lowest team in the league is at 13.8. The 30th ranked team is at 16.8. The gap from the Bills to 30th is greater than the gap from 30th to 13th!! 

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yep. It’s men vs boys. Alabama would have no answer for Hughes. Hell, Shaq Lawson would get a couple whacks on the QB. Our OL would keep clean pockets all day, and we’d get 8 yards a carry.

The more I think about this, the more I would want it to happen for the Bills confidence boost. 

So the interior of our OL would push around 2 guys that will be 1st round picks? Two guys that will be starting in the NFL in 10 months are going to get dominated by Bodine, Vlad and Miller? The Bills defense would give Alabama hell. The Bills offense would have their best performance of the year but they aren’t dominating. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills defense would give Alabama fits. I don’t think it’s absurd to think that they score once on offense and convert a turnover into a FG. 

Could they even get a FG off? Are their special teams blockers ready to be bull rushed by NFL players?

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We also put up 3 against Baltimore, zero against GB, 5 against the Colts, 6 against the Pats, and 9 against the Bears. I’m not sure pointing to the 1 effective half of football that the offense has played is an accurate depiction. That is the outline not the norm.

You're right that's an outlier but that's what we are capable of as an NFL offense. Kelvin Benjamin was dominant at FSU. He hasn't gotten worse, he just plays against NFL talent now. You're going to send him out against a college defense that has no NFL conditioning. Chris Ivory is going to run at them over and over and over. You don't think they'll be dead tired by the end of the first drive?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Could they even get a FG off? Are their special teams blockers ready to be bull rushed by NFL players?

You're right that's an outlier but that's what we are capable of as an NFL offense. Kelvin Benjamin was dominant at FSU. He hasn't gotten worse, he just plays against NFL talent now. You're going to send him out against a college defense that has no NFL conditioning. Chris Ivory is going to run at them over and over and over. You don't think they'll be dead tired by the end of the first drive?

No offense, but that’s absurd. That doesn’t strengthen your argument. Their blockers are the same size as the guys we have. They start 301, 350, 303, 314 and 314. We start 317, 325, 310, 303, and 316. The best OL of all of those 10 is Jonah Williams at 301. 

He he has gotten worse!! He was better 4 months out of college than he is right now. He caught a bunch of TDs one year but that’s all that he did in college. His rookie year in the NFL was similar to his last year at FSU. 

I dont believe that they would run over Alabama. This interior of the Bills OL isn’t manhandling 1st round DLs. Honestly there are 2 guys on Alabama’s OL that would start on our OL tomorrow (Williams and Pierschbacher). 

They score some points. I have them scoring 30!! That’s a lot for this talent. This Bills offense is horrendous. 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They just shut out ranked teams in back to back weeks. I don’t know what people are seeing that leads them to believe that the Bills will march up and down the field? The Bills have 3 guys on offense that will be starting in the NFL next year (Dawkins, McCoy and Allen). There are at least that many on the Alabama defense (Williams, Thompson, Davis). 

The Bills defense would give Alabama fits. I don’t think it’s absurd to think that they score once on offense and convert a turnover into a FG. That means the Bills need to produce 39 points to cover. That doesn’t seem likely to me. 

We also put up 3 against Baltimore, zero against GB, 5 against the Colts, 6 against the Pats, and 9 against the Bears. I’m not sure pointing to the 1 effective half of football that the offense has played is an accurate depiction. That is the outline not the norm.

We average 10.7 points per game!! The next lowest team in the league is at 13.8. The 30th ranked team is at 16.8. The gap from the Bills to 30th is greater than the gap from 30th to 13th!! 

So the interior of our OL would push around 2 guys that will be 1st round picks? Two guys that will be starting in the NFL in 10 months are going to get dominated by Bodine, Vlad and Miller? The Bills defense would give Alabama hell. The Bills offense would have their best performance of the year but they aren’t dominating. 

OMG they shut out other college teams.  Hold the phone!

I don't care that Alabama has "prospects" who will be starters next year.  Are we living in a bizarro world where every Bama prospect is good from the jump in the NFL?  Reggie Ragland and Cyrus Kujo ring any bells?  What about Greg Robinson, a first rounder who gave Bama fits at Auburn? Or Chance Warmack of 3 team backup G fame?  "They were first and second round picks!!!! That makes them good!!!!"

This is a line by a professional oddsmaker who should get his head checked.  

We would obliterate Alabama.  This is a joke.  No 18 year old OL is stopping our DL on any play.  Tua would have a second.  Nathan Peterman embarrassed Clemson's D which went toe to toe with Bama.  And we all know how many "talented prospects" Pitt has every year.

Stop fooling yourself.  Just because they play for Bama doesn't make them all Aaron Donalds.

Edited by BringBackOrton

51 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

OMG they shut out other college teams.  Hold the phone!

I don't care that Alabama has "prospects" who will be starters next year.  Are we living in a bizarro world where every Bama prospect is good from the jump in the NFL?  Reggie Ragland and Cyrus Kujo ring any bells?  What about Greg Robinson, a first rounder who gave Bama fits at Auburn? Or Chance Warmack of 3 team backup G fame?  "They were first and second round picks!!!! That makes them good!!!!"

This is a line by a professional oddsmaker who should get his head checked.  

We would obliterate Alabama.  This is a joke.  No 18 year old OL is stopping our DL on any play.  Tua would have a second.  Nathan Peterman embarrassed Clemson's D which went toe to toe with Bama.  And we all know how many "talented prospects" Pitt has every year.

Stop fooling yourself.  Just because they play for Bama doesn't make them all Aaron Donalds.

What did you want them to do hold them to negative points? 

This is the bizarro world. The folks at TBD have a better pulse on the point spread than the guy who does it for Westgate Las Vegas?!? 

I’m not even sure why people are offended by this? The reality is the Bills offense isn’t moving the ball on bad defenses (Colts, Packers). Why is it reasonable to think that they score 10 points a quarter against a team littered with future pros? 

The Bills wouldn’t always beat the best college teams by 28.5 (or 20 as I think). THIS particular Bills team and THIS particular Alabama team are what we are discussing. This isn’t a conversation about “generic bad NFL team” vs. “generic good college team.” This is a very, very specific circumstance.

FWIW, I think that last year’s Bills team beats last year’s Alabama team by 50. Our offense was better and their’s was worse (especially playing Hurts). 

The game against MSU proved that Bama will get killed by an NFL team. We are talking 40+ loss. Just silly to talk otherwise. Bama would get hurt and run out of quarterbacks and running backs and receivers. The oline would open holes that  McCoy wouldn’t have to stop and start to find. Nonsense fellas pure nonsense. I like CFB more than NFL and think the SEC is some of the most competitive football their is to watch. No way Bama plays with any NFL team. 40+ loss. Bama will lose this year. 

On 11/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

After we are done discussing this I'd love to hear people's thoughts on who people think would win between King Kong and Godzilla in ping pong.

Will Godzilla be able to use his tail.

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What did you want them to do hold them to negative points? 

This is the bizarro world. The folks at TBD have a better pulse on the point spread than the guy who does it for Westgate Las Vegas?!? 

I’m not even sure why people are offended by this? The reality is the Bills offense isn’t moving the ball on bad defenses (Colts, Packers). Why is it reasonable to think that they score 10 points a quarter against a team littered with future pros? 

The Bills wouldn’t always beat the best college teams by 28.5 (or 20 as I think). THIS particular Bills team and THIS particular Alabama team are what we are discussing. This isn’t a conversation about “generic bad NFL team” vs. “generic good college team.” This is a very, very specific circumstance.

FWIW, I think that last year’s Bills team beats last year’s Alabama team by 50. Our offense was better and their’s was worse (especially playing Hurts). 

tHe BiLlS oFfEnSe CaN’t MoVe ThE bAlL oN bAd TeAmS

Jets wouldn’t cover but Bama would. LOL

Edited by BringBackOrton

15 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

tHe BiLlS oFfEnSe CaN’t MoVe ThE bAlL oN bAd TeAmS

Jets wouldn’t cover but Bama would. LOL

Again, that is the Westgate Las Vegas line!! I don’t know why you are mad at me. I still don’t think that the Bills cover 28.5. If you noticed though, I predicted the Bills to win today by multiple scores. Right again!!

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We also put up 3 against Baltimore, zero against GB, 5 against the Colts, 6 against the Pats, and 9 against the Bears. I’m not sure pointing to the 1 effective half of football that the offense has played is an accurate depiction. That is the outlier not the norm.

They just beat the Jets by 31.  Our Oline looked like they could do it today and after those guys are in the league a year or two they may be something.  The NFL is not college.

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Absolutely take the points.  Zero chance the Bills would cover.  None.

College is NOT the NFL.

Any time someone says "zero chance".............they can be safely ignored.

17 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

They just beat the Jets by 31.  Our Oline looked like they could do it today and after those guys are in the league a year or two they may be something.  The NFL is not college.

Our OL took a massive step forward today. They started a 5th round pick 6 months out of college. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Our OL took a massive step forward today. They started a 5th round pick 6 months out of college. 

Yep and that 6 months of experience and NFL conditioning was invaluable. Now take 5 guys, even really good NFL prospects, with zero NFL conditioning and put them next to each other tomorrow. They would be erased by any NFL defensive line.

Edited by HappyDays