(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

This doesn't necessarily mean a ton to the question in the OP, but just hypothetically speaking, how many of the current Bills starters on offense do we envision starting for an NFL team next year? I think there's a decent chance Alabama's current defense has more starters in the NFL next year than the Bills current offense does.

This was like 85/15 Bills before you started spitting facts.

I've come around to thinking 28.5 is about right. They would have very little chance of scoring, but we would certainly not dominate them on offense. If the Bills had the OL they had last season, I think they could conceivably run them into submission. Not with this group.

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Im not talking about bust.  What Im talking about is they dominated in college.  Alabama is dominating lesser college talent not NFL.  Maybe youre just not knowledgable or competent enough to grasp that.

With as much as you trash this team you probably should find a new one.

You’re right. I need to watch more football to understand what I am seeing. 

Also, I hate the Bills. I wish that I knew and cared more about them. That is all that I can say for my 23,022nd post in the last 5 years. Clearly, I don’t care about this team. GTFO

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Haha (+1) 2

I watch a ton of CFB, the product is more entertaining overall than NFL. 

Let’s say Tua gets hurt, he already is gimpy, and then Hurts can’t play, again injured, Bama gets destroyed.

Kirby I get how you can get caught up in the Bama hype. I went as far to read a great book about Saban and the process called ‘4th and Inches every day’. Fact is guys would get hurt for the CFB team. Meaning then you have even younger less experienced less developed guys coming in. It just wouldn’t be a game.

27 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I watch a ton of CFB, the product is more entertaining overall than NFL. 

Let’s say Tua gets hurt, he already is gimpy, and then Hurts can’t play, again injured, Bama gets destroyed.

Kirby I get how you can get caught up in the Bama hype. I went as far to read a great book about Saban and the process called ‘4th and Inches every day’. Fact is guys would get hurt for the CFB team. Meaning then you have even younger less experienced less developed guys coming in. It just wouldn’t be a game.

Again, I’m not saying that it would be a game. I’m predicting a 20 point Bills win. In NFL terms, that’s a blowout.

I think that Alabama scores 10 points because of the terrible Bills offense. That means that this Bills offense needs to score 39 to cover. I don’t see it. It’s not being caught up in any hype. It is, unfortunately, just a real, unbiased, take on the Bills offense. There are enough players on the Alabama team to believe that the Bills wouldn’t score 5 TDs and 1 or 2 FGs. That’s roughly what it will take. I don’t see 10 points a quarter.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

This doesn't necessarily mean a ton to the question in the OP, but just hypothetically speaking, how many of the current Bills starters on offense do we envision starting for an NFL team next year? I think there's a decent chance Alabama's current defense has more starters in the NFL next year than the Bills current offense does.

Only 2. Shady McCoy and Dion Dawkins. Oh and Allen... if you count him. He will be the QB in Buffalo. 

I think Mills, Bodine, Pryor and Ivory are likely on NFL rosters next year as backups and Benjamin and Clay possibly are.... if they are willing to take BIG paycuts. But those two are also the kind of injury riddled slowing down veterans who misjudge their value at the start of FA don't get signed and then get forgotten about unless someone has an impromtu injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ok.  Here’s the real question. If they actually were able to schedule the game (say they week before the Super Bowl), how many people would watch it?  I think this would be a big draw and if the players agreed, I wonder if the league would be interested in trying to orchestrate it?

Any NFL team will always beat any college team.  The speed and caliber of training is worlds apart.     Even on the best all time college team, more than half of the roster will not end up getting as much as an NFL tryout. 

A 28 point spread?  Now that is more interesting, but I still think that Buffalo would score enough to cover that spread.   Peterman may be the worst NFL qb of all time, but when I watched him in college, he was able to put a lot of points on the board in many games.   Even Peterman would get a lot of points on Alabama.

Edited by dgrochester55

On 11/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

After we are done discussing this I'd love to hear people's thoughts on who people think would win between King Kong and Godzilla in ping pong.

King Kong. longer arms and more agility.  I'd take Godzilla in a swim meet though.

3 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

Any NFL team will always beat any college team.  The speed and caliber of training is worlds apart.     Even on the best all time college team, more than half of the roster will not end up getting as much as an NFL tryout. 

A 28 point spread?  Now that is more interesting, but I still think that Buffalo would score enough to cover that spread.   Peterman may be the worst NFL qb of all time, but when I watched him in college, he was able to put a lot of points on the board in many games.   Even Peterman would get a lot of points on Alabama.

Any Canadian Football League team would beat any US college team

Former NFL guard Geoff Schwartz says Bills would cover the spread by halftime:

“This is No. 1 question I asked, and I give the same answer every time. In college I played against two defensive ends who played in the NFL. And some of them didn’t even play long in the NFL. The rest of the schedule was filled with good, average, or below-average college players. You could play less than 100% and still win those battles. But when you’re in the NFL, everyone is a pro. You don’t give 100% for a rep, or use good technique, you’re getting beat. So the idea that any college team could beat the worst pro team is asinine.”

“The Bills might cover the 28.5 by halftime. My words can’t do justice to the difference in speed, violence and physicality between the levels of football. Think about two people pedaling their bikes into each other, compared to two semi trucks barreling into each other at 55 mph. So the Bills would have the advantage in the trenches and tackling. They would have the advantage in speed and size. And yes, they would cover the spread.”

“Even at quarterback… Remember, Allen, Anderson and Peterman were drafted to play in the NFL. Allen was the seventh pick in the draft. When these guys struggle, they struggle with anticipation. Well, that wasn’t an issue in college. And guess what, they’d be playing college kids in this game. So yeah, it’s a bloodbath.”

Tide are on now. It’s an interesting test for their offense. Mississippi State MAY have the best front 7 in the country. They have 2 guys that will go in the first this year and the defense has allowed the fewest TDs in the nation. Let’s see how they hold up against the ‘Bama juggernaut.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Former NFL guard Geoff Schwartz says Bills would cover the spread by halftime:

The Bills with Allen playing as he did his run as starter cover the spread... I am sure. 

The Bills playing as they did last week no way. Geoff Schwartz talking about NFL teams is beside the point. The Bills without Allen are not an NFL offense. Not even close. They have just re-signed a man who couldn't crack the Alabama starting line up to make things better. Sadly that is where we are at this point. We are not a bad NFL offense we are NOT an NFL offense period. The gap between us and the next worst is signifcant. 

17 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You’re right. I need to watch more football to understand what I am seeing. 

Also, I hate the Bills. I wish that I knew and cared more about them. That is all that I can say for my 23,022nd post in the last 5 years. Clearly, I don’t care about this team. GTFO

probably every last one of them was you btchn

52 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

probably every last one of them was you btchn

I’m not apologizing for holding my team to a higher standard than this BS we have seen on offense. 

I’ve ALWAYS been a realist when it comes to the Bills. I give credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is warranted. Questioning my fandom is beyond laughable.

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not apologizing for holding my team to a higher standard than this BS we have seen on offense. 

I’ve ALWAYS been a realist when it comes to the Bills. I give credit when credit is due and criticism when criticism is warranted. Questioning my fandom is beyond laughable.

Except when it comes to gambling lines.  

Bama couldn't put up more than 24 on Miss State but are gonna hang within 30 of the Bills?

6 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Except when it comes to gambling lines.  

Bama couldn't put up more than 24 on Miss State but are gonna hang within 30 of the Bills?

Bills 30- Alabama 10 has been my prediction. I don’t think it’s crazy at all. Vegas says 28.5. I think it’s closer to 20. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson