(hypothetical) Alabama vs. Bills spread

Alabama vs. Bills with spread  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Bills -28.5
    • Bama +28.5

9 minutes ago, fridge said:

We could kneel it every down on offense and still win with our D getting touchdowns. If we played for real, I think they easily clear 28 points.

We could have offense play defense and defense play offense and win

Edmunds at RB would put them to work. Ivory edge rusher, Shady safety

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

8 hours ago, Coach55 said:

Bills would win by 60-70 points.  Wouldn’t even be a contest.  bama may be held without a first down. Definitely held <100 yards of offense.  Possible multiple defensive touchdowns.  

No. Just no.

They have the best QB and WR on either roster. I'm not saying the Bills will lose, but they have a historically bad offense. Alabama might have a historically good team this year. They have NFL talent all over that roster.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Can we just say the fact Trent Richardson was supposed to be the next Adrian Peterson with Alabama is available for us to play against Alabama.. the same guy who terrorized CFB is a FA we can simply grab to terrorize CFB some more but choose not to because he's not good despite being a BAMA HIGH DRAFT PICK.

I think a more interesting thread is who would win in a fight? Alabama Trent Richardson v NFL Trent Richardson v 2017 Trent Richardson. Make it a triple threat. I might take Alabama Trent.

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Bills would cover.

Bama will lose.

I’ll be happy to book that one for you if you are interested? You can name the stakes. Just PM me if you want in.

It can’t be worse than the time I had to Venmo one of the Bull brothers and then tell him how smart he was for Peterman starting. 

36 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Follow up hypothetical: can Matter Dai High School football beat.. Syracuse? UB? They have a ton of recruits going into CFB. In fact Syracuse can scholarship 90% of their roster if they wanted to. That would be like.. 100% of Mater Dei HS playing D1. Unprecedented. 

Bills can draft all Alabama grads and sign every remaining UDFA available.. every Alabama player could go pro. That would be unprecedented.

Honest question, “how many Bama games have you seen this year?” I just ask because some people are acting like we are talking about “any” college team. With the exception of Clemson, Alabama may be 28.5 points better than any other team in college football. Their QB didn’t take a 4th quarter snap until last week. That was their toughest matchup. It was a 29-0 win, at night, in Baton Rouge. LSU was considered the 3rd best team in the country. 

Additionally, guys are developed at Alabama at a level that they aren’t at other schools. 48.3% of 5 star recruits that go to Alabama get picked in the 1st round. 17% of 5 star recruits that go elsewhere get picked in the 1st round. They had the number 1 recruiting class in the country 7 straight years until this past year!! They could land up to 10 5 stars next year!! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/alabama/ContentGallery/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Ten-5-star-recruits-that-could-end-up-at-Alabama--118308045/Amp/

The point is that they aren’t just some good college team. The gap from Alabama to the 3rd best team in college football is greater than the gap between the 3rd best team in the country and the 50th best team.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I hate this topic. I don't watch any college football but take Alabama's 2 worst starters on offense and defense. The players that won't even be signed as UDFAs. We would absolutely abuse those players if nothing else. Their offensive line would be destroyed, whatever their weak point is would be like a tackle dummy. Our offensive line could carry Shady to the endzone on 10 straight plays starting from the 1 yard line. Why even bother passing? We could hand the ball off to Kelvin Benjamin for fun. Let McDermott take a couple snaps at QB. We'd win by 50 points no matter what. This is a joke.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

A top 5 LT and a potential 1st round guard. That’s kind of the point. They have (at minimum) 2 guys that will be starting in the NFL next year on the OL. A RS sophomore who was a top 5 OG recruit in the country that weighs 344. The RG was a uninamous 5 star and the top OT recruit in the country. The RT was a 5 star and the 33rd rank recruit at any position in 2017.

So to sum it up, there is a top 5 OT this year and a C/G that will go by round 2. There are 2 guys that aren’t yet draft eligible that will be NFL starters as soon as 2020. The 5th player will likely return and then go to the NFL with the others. 

Put Jerry Hughes against any one of them tomorrow. They have zero NFL conditioning. He would obliterate any one of them. You're talking about guys that might be NFL starters in 2 years?? And you're betting that all 5 of them simultaneously will stop our pass rushers long enough for their WRs with zero NFL conditioning to get open. They would be lucky to get a 1st down and if they did I bet it would come on a penalty. Actually they would be lucky to get off a punt. God I can't even imagine what a college special teams unit would look like against 11 players that are good enough to play for NFL teams. Maybe our offense would never need to take the field at all come to think of it. Just for a laugh we could have Patrick Dimarco return kicks I suppose.

Edited by HappyDays

54 minutes ago, fridge said:

We could kneel it every down on offense and still win with our D getting touchdowns. If we played for real, I think they easily clear 28 points.

That’s the recipe for beating the 2018 Bills

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You watch a lot of football. Would you agree that there are (potentially) 5 guys on Alabama’s offense that could start on the Bills now? 

- Tua

- Jeudy

- Williams

- Ruggs

- Pierschbacher

There is not a single college player that can start on an NFL team right now. Not if they want to escape the first quarter with their body intact.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I hate this topic. I don't watch any college football but take Alabama's 2 worst starters on offense and defense. The players that won't even be signed as UDFAs. We would absolutely abuse those players if nothing else. Their offensive line would be destroyed, whatever their weak point is would be like a tackle dummy. Our offensive line could carry Shady to the endzone on 10 straight plays starting from the 1 yard line. Why even bother passing? We could hand the ball off to Kelvin Benjamin for fun. Let McDermott take a couple snaps at QB. We'd win by 50 points no matter what. This is a joke.

Put Jerry Hughes against any one of them tomorrow. They have zero NFL conditioning. He would obliterate any one of them. You're talking about guys that might be NFL starters in 2 years?? And you're betting that all 5 of them simultaneously will stop our pass rushers long enough for their WRs with zero NFL conditioning to get open. They would be lucky to get a 1st down and I bet it would come on a penalty. They would be lucky to get off a punt. God I can't even imagine what a college special teams unit would look like against 11 players that are good enough to play for NFL teams. Maybe our offense would never need to take the field at all come to think of it. Just for a laugh we could have Patrick Dimarco return kicks I suppose.

Tough, to make some of these arguments when you openly admit you don’t know who they have. I’m not trying to pick on you but the irony is that the people that have seen the most of both teams have the most rational takes. You said their worst starters won’t even be signed as UDFA’s. We had one of their backups playing on our opening day roster as a rookie. So here it goes: 

-Jerry Hughes is a great pass rusher. Jonah Williams will be the 1st OL drafted. The most recent mock I saw had him as the 2nd overall player. That isn’t some mismatch. They’d each win sometimes.

- That same mock had 4 other Alabama players in the top 25 next season. 

- The 2 that won’t be starters for 2 years aren’t eligible to come out yet. You need to be 3 years out of HS. If they could come out now they’d be playing as well.

-Their starting WRs are better than ours now!! Jeudy and Ruggs would both start on the Bills. One of our starting CBs is Ryan Lewis. If you think that Ryan Lewis could shut down Jerry Jeudy you are crazy (like really crazy). 

- The conditioning argument may be the worst of all. The famed Alabama “4th quarter” conditioning program may be the most grueling program in sports. They aren’t conditioned like any other team.  Their strength coach is paid $600k a year!!

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There is not a single college player that can start on an NFL team right now. Not if they want to escape the first quarter with their body intact.

This is so, so, so wrong I don’t even know what to say. 2 years ago Tre White was a good SEC CB. 8 months later he was one of our best players. Do you think that he magically got way better in 8 months? No, he was pretty much the same guy. 

8 months ago Saquon Barkley wouldn’t have made it out of the 1st quarter but now he can catch 100 balls and rush for 1,000 yards?!? GTFO, that is a TERRIBLE take.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You said their worst starters won’t even be signed as UDFA’s. We had one of their backups playing on our opening day roster as a rookie. 

Yes and he is terrible. He is here because of Daboll. He is not NFL quality. Over half of the current Alabama starters will end up busts. At least some will never even make a practice squad. You're right I don't know the players they have and I am still 100% confident in that prediction.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

-Jerry Hughes is a great pass rusher. Jonah Williams will be the 1st OL drafted. The most recent mock I saw had him as the 2nd overall player. That isn’t some mismatch. They’d each win sometimes.

Top 5 OTs have a massive bust rate. But let's assume he will be the greatest OT of all time. If he or any of his teammates gets mauled by any of our pass rushers, which would happen 100% of the time, they lose the down.

Is Tua throwing into NFL windows on every play? How will he succeed throwing into those windows for the first time in his life with 2 seconds of pass protection at best?

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Their starting WRs are better than ours now!! Jeudy and Ruggs would both start on the Bills. One of our starting CBs is Ryan Lewis. If you think that Ryan Lewis could shut down Jerry Jeudy you are crazy (like really crazy). 

Rush 4 on every play. Double cover them if you have to. Whatever. Their offense would lose more yards than they gain.

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The conditioning argument may be the worst of all. The famed Alabama “4th quarter” conditioning program may be the most grueling program in sports. They aren’t conditioned like any other team.  Their strength coach is paid $600k a year!!

And the first time they are hit by an NFL player will take them out of the game. If they survive that then the 2nd hit. Imagine a college player with zero NFL conditioning taking 5 hits from NFL players. I can't even imagine it getting to that point.

You haven't mentioned special teams yet. What are Alabama's special teams like? What would NFL starters do to them? NFL special teams players were stars on offense and defense in college. Wouldn't we just block every punt? Wouldn't we return numerous kicks for TDs if they could even get them off?

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes and he is terrible. He is here because of Daboll. He is not NFL quality. Over half of the current Alabama starters will end up busts. At least some will never even make a practice squad. You're right I don't know the players they have and I am still 100% confident in that prediction.

Top 5 OTs have a massive bust rate. But let's assume he will be the greatest OT of all time. If he or any of his teammates gets mauled by any of our pass rushers, which would happen 100% of the time, they lose the down.

Is Tua throwing into NFL windows on every play? How will he succeed throwing into those windows for the first time in his life with 2 seconds of pass protection at best?

Rush 4 on every play. Double cover them if you have to. Whatever. Their offense would lose more yards than they gain.

And the first time they are hit by an NFL player will take them out of the game. If they survive that then the 2nd hit. Imagine a college player with zero NFL conditioning taking 5 hits from NFL players. I can't even imagine it getting to that point.

You haven't mentioned special teams yet. What are Alabama's special teams like? What would NFL starters do to them? NFL special teams players were stars on offense and defense in college. Wouldn't we just block every punt? Wouldn't we return numerous kicks for TDs if they could even get them off?

Did you say you don’t watch any college football, and yet you’re happy to weigh in on this subject? Ok

Edited by mannc

Peterman is one of the worst QBs in football. He was one of the best in college 2 years ago. Pryor is playing WR. He was one of the best QBs in college football his year. 

Bills could win 100-0 with Kyle at QB. Question is stupid. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

10 hours ago, mannc said:

We are talking about top ten d-linemen from Alabama.  Those guys are LOCKS to become NFL starters, if not stars.  Name me a defensive lineman from Alabama who was drafted in the top ten in the past ten years and who did not start in the NFL.

Indeed in the first two rounds of the last THREE drafts alone FIVE Alabama defensive tackles have been taken.

Robinson (2016 2nd Round - DET - Key player on their defensive line)

Reed (2016 2nd Round SEA - Starter on their defensive line)

Allen (2017 1st round WAS - Key player on their defensive line)

Tomlinson (2017 2nd round NYG - Starter on their defensive line)

Payne (2018 1st round WAS - Key player on their defensive line)

These guys are studs. They do not bust. They are dominant college players that even at their floor become every down type starters in the National Football League. Why? They are just that darn good.

34 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I've gotta take Bama on the spread. No way the Bills would notch up 10 field goals vs Saban's defense.

Right, just because the bills are playing a college team, all of a sudden kelvin benjamin are going to stop dropping most of the passes thrown his way because of reasons and our OL will magically start playing well

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Put Jerry Hughes against any one of them tomorrow. They have zero NFL conditioning. He would obliterate any one of them. You're talking about guys that might be NFL starters in 2 years?? And you're betting that all 5 of them simultaneously will stop our pass rushers long enough for their WRs with zero NFL conditioning to get open. They would be lucky to get a 1st down and if they did I bet it would come on a penalty. Actually they would be lucky to get off a punt. God I can't even imagine what a college special teams unit would look like against 11 players that are good enough to play for NFL teams. Maybe our offense would never need to take the field at all come to think of it. Just for a laugh we could have Patrick Dimarco return kicks I suppose.

I have more sympathy for the argument that Alabama wouldn't be able to cope with ou5 defensive front 7. That their offensive linemen wouldn't hold up.  I do think all 5 of them will play in the NFL, but I'm not quite as giddy on Jonah Williams as everyone seems... mauling the LSU defenders is not the same as mauling NFL defenders. That said I agree with Kirby that Williams and the center would be instant starters on the Bills line. I don't think the OL pedigree at Alabama is as strong. But if we are talking about the Bills being able to "run all over" Alabama when their last FIVE starting defensive tackles were first or second round picks and are playing AND playing well in the league and their last THREE middle linebackers were all first round picks and are all starting in the league too.... I don't buy that. Those guys were dominant in college and are performing extremely well in the NFL (especially the DTs) because they are super talented.

Edited by GunnerBill

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have more sympathy for the argument that Alabama wouldn't be able to cope with ou5 defensive front 7. That their offensive linemen wouldn't hold up.  I do think all 5 of them will play in the NFL, but I'm not quite as giddy on Jonah Williams as everyone seems... mauling the LSU defenders is not the same as mauling NFL defenders. That said I agree with Kirby that Williams and the center would be instant starters on the Bills line. I don't think the OL pedigree at Alabama is as strong. But if we are talking about the Bills being able to "run all over" Alabama when their last FIVE starting defensive tackles were first or second round picks and are playing AND playing well in the league and their last THREE middle linebackers were all first round picks and are all starting in the league too.... I don't buy that. Those guys were dominant in college and are performing extremely well in the NFL (especially the DTs) because they are super talented.

The posters ITT who are admitting that they have never watched alabama or any college football, but are galaxy brain experts about it should probably tune in to the Alabama game tomorrow at 330EST.  One thing that Bama has that the  Bills absolutely do not is at least 7 guys on O who can catch the ball consistently.  One way to deal with pressure is to put enough guys out in the pattern so that someone is always open.  Tua is light on his feet and gets the ball out quick when he needs to.  They would move the ball with dinks and dunks, but also have a couple guys completely capable of taking the  top off any D.  Speed is speed, and the ability to hold on to  the ball doesnt magically change when you go from college to the pros

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Unless you are Zay Jones

Yep. And there are other examples too. The hits are harder, guys get there faster (ie. before you have properly secured the ball) and it does have an impact.

Again, I'm not saying Bama's offense sucks, far from it. But their defense vs the Bills offense to me is much more of a close match. I think their O vs the Bills D would be much more one sided.

• Like (+1) 1