Bills Jets killing me this week in fantasy football

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You were screwed the moment you missed the draft.  I can't imagine you have anywhere near a good record....

4-5 although my total points are low.  I'm holding my own because I have Kareem Hunt, ODB Jr. and Vikings defense.  QBs are killing me though

40 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Make a trade.

You should see what they want.  I usually trade with my son or son-in-law.  No mercy league on tradefront.

7 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I am in a 2QB league and unfortunately missed the draft.  My original picks through autodraft were Darnold and Tyrod Taylor.  As you can probably guess things went south when Tyrod was benched and people tend to stash QBs in the draft.  To protect myself only Bills players were available for Week 1, so I picked up Peterman and Allen not knowing who would start.  I used Taylor and Darnold until Tyrod was benched and had to switch to Allen.  As you know all to well, Peterman was the only QB available until Derek Anderson showed up in week 7?  I was forced to start Peterman in week 9 and actually got 12 points (probably because of the rushing TD)  This week I'm still waiting for who will start, but I'm guessing it will be Peterman.  Darnold has been lousy the last several weeks so on a whim I found McCown was available so I'm currently McCown/Peterman.  It gets worse next week as everyone has a bye.

What would you do?

I would try again next season unless you paid into it... missing the draft hurts you the more teams and positions there are. It sounds like you are in a 14 or 16 team league, so that's my advice. It's just too deep of a hole to come out of as Darnold is out several weeks and our QB carousel is terrible.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Why would have drafted either of those 2?? Did you set up autodraft or did it just pick based on the default list?

So, there would be such a thing as a waiver wire by which you can claim players, or a free agent list by which you can claim players. EVEN IF one autodrafts, you can still help yourself to great options that are out there. Not doing your due diligence in either of those areas is unacceptable... you had the option to pick up Fitzpatrick, Beathard, Mullens, Osweiler... I would be on it daily to work out acquisitions. I got Conner and Boyd because of that and I'm now 7-1.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I am in a 2QB league and unfortunately missed the draft.  My original picks through autodraft were Darnold and Tyrod Taylor.  As you can probably guess things went south when Tyrod was benched and people tend to stash QBs in the draft.  To protect myself only Bills players were available for Week 1, so I picked up Peterman and Allen not knowing who would start.  I used Taylor and Darnold until Tyrod was benched and had to switch to Allen.  As you know all to well, Peterman was the only QB available until Derek Anderson showed up in week 7?  I was forced to start Peterman in week 9 and actually got 12 points (probably because of the rushing TD)  This week I'm still waiting for who will start, but I'm guessing it will be Peterman.  Darnold has been lousy the last several weeks so on a whim I found McCown was available so I'm currently McCown/Peterman.  It gets worse next week as everyone has a bye.

What would you do?

At tnis point your best bet would be to pick up a couple backups of QBs that may be benched soon or teams that give up a lot of QB hits and be ahead of the curve due to injury. Even with the arrest, Lauletta may see the field. Winston may end up back. Not kidding: AJ McCarron may see the field. Never know with Gruden. Kevin Hogan? 

And deal from ANY position of strength...overpay for a QB in a trade if you can. Your fantasy's version of Brandon Beane for not upgrading this far into the season???

9 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

What would you do?

Pick up whoever is starting for the 9ers if available. 

9 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

What would you do?

Maybe Lamar Jackson if you're really desperate. At least he plays in some different packages. 

11 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

At tnis point your best bet would be to pick up a couple backups of QBs that may be benched soon or teams that give up a lot of QB hits and be ahead of the curve due to injury. Even with the arrest, Lauletta may see the field. Winston may end up back. Not kidding: AJ McCarron may see the field. Never know with Gruden. Kevin Hogan? 

And deal from ANY position of strength...overpay for a QB in a trade if you can. Your fantasy's version of Brandon Beane for not upgrading this far into the season???

I picked up Lamar Jackson with Flacco having bad games he could see action

16 hours ago, Dave in Bluffton said:

I picked up Lamar Jackson with Flacco having bad games he could see action

Reported that Flacco has a hip injury so Jackson could be a good pickup but they have a bye this week.

I was also affected by these teams.  I'm in a 2-Defense league and have Denver on a bye so I needed another one.  When I looked at who was available, the Bills and Niners caught my eye, with the Niners hosting the Giants on MNF.  I thought about Darnold with all the INTs/turnovers so I went with the Bills.  Then comes the news that Darnold wasn't likely to play and the Niners were now taken.  In another league I have the Baltimore Def, also on a bye, so I picked up the Jets.

36 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

howed  that work out for him

Drafting TT?  not well at all.

As for McClown...that's why i stopped playing fantasy, the logical choice is usually not the correct one.

Edited by ricojes

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Could we please have more threads by people discussing their fantasy teams? I mean, they are just so fascinating. 

Maybe also a thread about people who take the time to read something they aren't interested in and then complain that they just read it. 

• Like (+1) 1