Doug Whaley Named Senior Vice President of Football Operations by the XFL - Eight Franchise Locations Announced

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Bolded

1. 100% your made up speculation

2. Did they really? If Pegulas did "learn their lesson" Why did they preach continuity and then proceed to fire Whaley right after the draft? Pegulas already knew Doug's fate at that time, if they did not we should be worried all the more. So knowing they are going to S&^t can Doug after the draft how much input from Doug do you really think they took in as value added on the HC hire? You could be right though but it doesn't add up in my mind.

As far as Hue and Rex go. Must of us knew Rex was a clown show fraud before coming here. A very large majority of fans and posters supported Hue's being our next HC. Hue's first shot as a HC was also a clown show no doubt, but was never seen before like Rex with the NYJ. Also, the Bills and Browns rosters in 2014-2016 were bipolar opposites talent wise.

We still don't 100% know what went down between McD, Pegula and Whaley. If I had to imagine McD's and Whaley's vision were 100 opposite on how to build the team. All we do know for Whaley's 3rd coaching staff we went all D happy in an offensive league. I have a feeling this is where Doug finally stepped up to ownership and McD before the draft and said something? It didn't match McD's plan and Pegula had such a woody for him they parted ways.  Knowing how much Whaley wanted Watson it's clear as day he had zero control of the 2016 draft and his tenure was over.

The bolded part is hilariously false.

The consensus here was that, after Rex, Whaley was FINALLY going to get to pick "his" HC.  There is simply no chance that Terry and Kim Pegula would have known much, or anything at all, about McD to hire him.  Again, they relied on Whaley for the hire.  Any other spin makes zero sense.

Whaley was a dead man walking as soon as that season was over, wither way.  He was such a weak character, to suggest that he would have "finally stepped up and said something" is not believable.

As for Whaley's salary, why would McMahon have to pay him more than that?  He just picked him out of the NFL's dumpster to be an executive in a league that will hemorrhage cash from day one.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hue wanted to keep Schwartz here. He had already spoken to him. Schwartz hadn't made up his mind but ultimately he was under contract to the Bills and they turned down requests to interview him from the Giants and the Redskins for their DC jobs before they hired Rex. If Hue had come here he'd have been a glorified OC acting as HC and I think he'd have got the 2015 into the playoffs.... largely on the back of the already excellent defense. But as that defense aged, and it was starting to the performance would have fallen off and Hue's lack of clear direction as a leader would have sunk him ultimately.

Hue can't be a glorified OC...or even an inglorious one.  Without a franchise QB, he's nothing in that regard. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Doug Whaley Named Senior Vice President of Football Operations by the XFL - Eight Franchise Locations Announced
On 11/8/2018 at 1:15 PM, LeGOATski said:

The XFL is done before it began.

The AAF starts in 2019 (a year earlier) and has a working relationship with the NFL. It's going to be the preeminent minor league to the NFL, so buy your season tickets if there's an AAF team in your city. 

I’m rooting for the Atlanta Legends.  Could be the farm system for professional Coaches as well.  

2 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

I’m rooting for the Atlanta Legends.  Could be the farm system for professional Coaches as well.  

That's interesting, too. Right now it seems like the coaches are mostly experienced guys, but it could be a good transitional step for college coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...