Doug Whaley Named Senior Vice President of Football Operations by the XFL - Eight Franchise Locations Announced

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hopefully, Beane will get back to high school then!!!  

Yes because according to the some people on the board Whaley was great.  Also according to the same people, they don't understand why Whaley got fired because the Pegulas picked the head coaches, Nix or Rex picked all the players in the draft that didn't work out, and Overdorf managed all the cap and contracts.  So what was it that Whaley DID do here that made him so great if everyone else had the GM responsibilities?

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They can have our #2. :)

Or is it #3?  Tough to remember.  Depends on the week I guess. ?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Who is Brandon, go sober up now!

Uh... Beane?

54 minutes ago, vorpma said:

BTW, one former Bill Doug Marone is doing pretty good but he did not think much of Whaley!

When your team is 2-7 I guess 3-5 looks pretty good?  Jags not all that now that the AFC South is healthy this year...

• Like (+1) 1

When I was saying Whaley was a horrible GM, needs to be fired and that he will never work as a GM in the NFL again, lots of folks here called me a troll and all the usual BS.

Those are the same people attacking me now b/c I point out Allen will be a bust and McDummy is an idiot.

Funny how the passage of time ALWAYS changes the herd's opinions on all things Bills-related around here.

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

GM's everywhere make incorrect decisions on players, coaches, draft picks, trades, etc.  Doug Whaley is very smart and there's no reason to think he's not capable.  Regardless of how you think the XFL will do. 

Whaley wasn’t nearly as bad as people labeled him.  He got stuck with a bad coaching staff and saddled with a poor QB situation that never really broke his way.  Had to draft a QB in first if a terrible draft for QBs, then Rex was all in on Tyrod.  But during that period he did some good things outside that too.  He gets hell for the Sammy Trade, however he had some bad luck with his injuries and the QB situation that made that look worse than it was.  Had Sammy not have the 2 year long foot injury, things might have looked better and been a little different.  

Change was needed when we moved on, but I think he gets more negativity than he deserved.  He was saddled with bad timing on when to find a new QB, bad luck on a couple key injuries, and forced to hire a bad coach.  I think he’s a smart guy, and while I still don’t believe the XFL will do much better the second time around, I think it’s a good hire for them.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I agree the XFL is probably not going to work out.  McMahon sounds like he immediately wants to go major league and there is just no way to compete with the MANY billions of dollars of backing the NFL has, as well as 32 historic brands almost every sports are emotionally vested in.  This is a much different landscape as the fools club or even the USFL.  The layout, orientation, and management of the AAF gives me like 1000% more confidence that league lasts more than 3 years.  

To be honest, and not trying to make this political, but he is banking on this being a success by cashing in on the trump supporters who are so offended by the NFL and the kneeling 'anti military/flag/'merica!' Players who have chased away the bleedin red white and blue good ole boys who cant watch it any more. They want the people offended by the league 'wussifying' the game to come watch their product that they will try to be more 'hard hitting' and exciting.