Doug Whaley Named Senior Vice President of Football Operations by the XFL - Eight Franchise Locations Announced

I agree the XFL is probably not going to work out.  McMahon sounds like he immediately wants to go major league and there is just no way to compete with the MANY billions of dollars of backing the NFL has, as well as 32 historic brands almost every sports are emotionally vested in.  This is a much different landscape as the fools club or even the USFL.  The layout, orientation, and management of the AAF gives me like 1000% more confidence that league lasts more than 3 years.  

I wish Whaley was the GM and SM was just the head coach.  I liked having talent on the team.

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Hard to figure why he did not land a GM position in the NFL, many on this board thought he was great!

His players are all over the nfl, winning a bunch of games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Hard to figure why he did not land a GM position in the NFL, many on this board thought he was great!

Nope. Just not terrible. I'd take the roster Doug built over this current farce. Let's see what Brandon builds now he has "cleared up the cap" by clearing out the talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish Whaley was the GM and SM was just the head coach.  I liked having talent on the team.

His players are all over the nfl, winning a bunch of games.

Nobody in the NFL seems at agree with that; if he could find talent and build a team he would be NFL material not in the circus league! 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. Just not terrible. I'd take the roster Doug built over this current farce. Let's see what Brandon builds now he has "cleared up the cap" by clearing out the talent. 

Who is Brandon, go sober up now!

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Doug "almost .500 for years" with EJ Emanuel and Aaron Maybin; please tell me what Watkins is doing and Darius aint doing all that great. BTW, one former Bill Doug Marone is doing pretty good but he did not think much of Whaley!