Friend wants to go to a home game..... I ask why?

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) agreed

2) get so hammered you talk yourself into 80 yards passing for Allen is a step in the right direction

3) as much as I hate watching this team, nothing compare to watching the Bills and the season is almost over

It really does suck that the season is almost done. It goes by so fast. Such a wasted year unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Give me a compelling argument.

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

The tailgate is all that matters. Football has been dead around here for over 20 years and I still have not missed a game

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I couldn’t make out if it’s the first the Bills game your friend is going too.  That’s always exciting on its own merit regardless of how the team is

Been going for years and he claims it is a tradition.  Would be a December game in any case.

I'm flying from Dallas to Buffalo for the Dec 9th game against the Jets, mainly because:

1. It will be my first game in Buffalo

2. Going for the experience of the atmosphere

3. Hanging with family

4. Watching Josh Allen hopefully 

15 minutes ago, tbarg12 said:

I'm flying from Dallas to Buffalo for the Dec 9th game against the Jets, mainly because:

1. It will be my first game in Buffalo

2. Going for the experience of the atmosphere

3. Hanging with family

4. Watching Josh Allen hopefully 

You’re like my spirit animal. I’m flying up from Louisiana for the same game and same exact reasons except #3. I’m as fired up as ever to go to a home game regardless of how bad we are now.

• Like (+1) 2

I remember the days in the late 70's when the Bills were mostly unwatchable, but the fans were always great.  I know the lack of TDs or even FGs is tough, but every now and then the team might surprise.  Maybe this is the week Peterman plays out of his mind and Bills are competitive.  Maybe game will be full of turnovers going our way.  As a battle-scarred Bills fan, I've learned not to be too optimistic and enjoy the games.  Now that I live far away, I even DVR the games so I can skip the bad parts for that one bit of good.  Go and have fun!  At least it isn't snowing yet.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

cause your friend wants to go? it's not that big of a deal either way...

I would suggest you don't go. You obviously don't want to. Why should we try to convince you?

People like going to games and seeing the team regardless of winning or losing. If that's not you, nobody cares.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I flew up from Raleigh for the Monday night game, will be at the Jets game Dec 9th , and The Miami game Dec 30th . Why because its the Bills and I'm rooting for them to step up. I'm 62 so yes I've seen a lot more bad games than good , but you never know till the game is over.

I'm looking forward to the Jags game and seeing Allen in person.  The last time I saw the Jags at Bills was 20 years ago and got to witness the "Flutie Leap."  I'm hopeful that there will be some late game heroics from Allen in this one....

• Like (+1) 1