Friend wants to go to a home game..... I ask why?

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Give me a compelling argument.

A new promotion from Pegula Sports & Entertainment:      "Poop in Your Seat Day"

In Your Seat.jpg

(It sure beats the Whammy Weenie)....

Edited by Lurker
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tickets are $1.14 with surcharge, you might be the lucky fan who catches and errant silicone device, and you'll likely be leaving by half time. 

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

A new promotion from Pegula Sports & Entertainment:      "Poop in Your Seat Day"

In Your Seat.jpg

(It sure beats the Whammy Weenie)....

Why is our offense hiding under that seat? 

Edited by Irv

My first game was in 1984 in whitch the Bills finished what would be back to back 2 and 14 seasons. The Bills were playing the Denver Broncos in front of a crowd of about 25000 fans and the guy at the ticket window told us that we could sit just about anywhere we wanted. Well the game turned out to be a a comeplete disaster. John Elway was hurt just a few plays into the game so Gary Kubiack had to play. The Bills ended up getting crushed that day by a score like 34 to 7 and the only score came on a 80 yard TD at the end of the game. Oh and by the way my brother inlaw almost got his arm chewed by a guard dog when he reached over the wall to pet it. lol. But we had so much fun at the game that we bought season tickets the following season and it turned out to be the golden age of Buffalo Bills football just a few years later.  We had those tickets threw out the Super Bowl years and beyound so I always try to encourage anyone who wants to go to a game because no matter how bleak things look it could turn into something really great.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't really watch. The entertainment value isn't greater than playing the new red dead redemption. And Bills football is basically 90% of my hobbies. Video games 5%? That means the product I see enjoying at the very least maybe 5 cool plays from my favorite players on both sides of the football isn't meeting the bare minimum threshold if I decide to sit on my *** to do nothing other than watch a TV screen.

I'd probably enjoy a home game I guess but I haven't been to many so I can understand diminishing returns when you've been to hundreds of home games with experiences gauranteed to be better than what you folks are about to see on Sunday.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

As a longtime fan (1973) and ticket holder,  I have suffered through many seasons like this.  I used to get seriously upset. I hated going to work pissed off every Monday morning.  As I matured over the years, I look back at all the great times I have enjoyed with family and friends at the games.  Win or lose, I enjoy and look forward to many more.

So... If you cherish the time together with your friends,  I would recommend going despite the absolute garbage of an offense this regime marches onto our field each Sunday.

Enjoy the game!

Season ticket holder with a 3-hour commute each way from the Pittsburgh area.  Each gameday is a 14-hour commitment.   I admit that it's becoming a chore, but it's also good bonding time with my son.  And years from now we can look back and take pride in how we pushed through the tough times.  

Bill's fans can't claim to be the best and then not be, the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

I live in buffalo and a couple of my friends are jets fans so that's probably the only other game i'm planning to attend.  Figure make a pot of chili to top my eggs and freeze my ass off.  We both stink too so maybe it'll be a good game?

When both my boys turned 16 I took them up to Buffalo for a Bills home game as a rite of passage. I picked a Jets game both times because it’s more fun to win! We split.....

Slightly beat the odds, there. 

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

I'll be that guy.

Because someday you or one of your friends will be dead and whoever is left may just regret not having that one extra chance to hang out together. Life is too short to overly obsess about teams records, performances or possible Playoff contention. Go have a good day with some people that can stand to be around you for that long. Have some food. Have some fun. Yell your heads off for at least a quarter. Life's way too short to ask "Why should I".

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It's pretty easy.

- being surrounded by people that love the same thing as you.

- dedicating an entire day to the football experience.

- drinking outside and hanging with your friends.

- supporting a team when they're bad so you can wear it as a badge of honor when they're good.

You should be able to have a good time at the game no matter how bad the actual team is. I always do.

This 

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

3-hour drive...thats all??

I am driving 8 for the Jacksonville game  reason why

1) Get tto hang with family and friends all day..yep you could do that whenever ya want, but you dont. So this is the excuse we all need

2) I get free stromboli @Hammered a Lot ..and @ Mondy nighter even had road kill beaver chile courtesy of our resident hillbilly @CountryCletus Food is always great @ the TBD tailgate. Beef on weck sliders at the Jacksonville game courtesy of @seasons 1992

3)  Get to scream obscenities at Doug Marrone for 3 hours! ( just kidding, but beating him would be glorious)

4) Beer and potty lines will be short

5) get in cheap if you don't already have tickets

6) wings in the lot after if weather decent are the best you have ever had..fried up by, you guessed it..yours truly!!!

Well said!

GO!

Travel while you are healthy and don't look back!

Edited by CowgirlsFan

8 hours ago, Art in RTP said:

I flew up from Raleigh for the Monday night game, will be at the Jets game Dec 9th , and The Miami game Dec 30th . Why because its the Bills and I'm rooting for them to step up. I'm 62 so yes I've seen a lot more bad games than good , but you never know till the game is over.

No.... It was clear at halftime last week.

I told people before the season I'm not going, I knew people going to the titans game and told them no. 

I always make it a point to go to night games because I love the atmosphere, and it's nice not getting up at like 7 to get there to drink on a Sunday. I didnt even try this year. More so because I'm done going to games vs the Pats with Brady, I used to make it a point to go to those also. They're not fun to me anymore lol.

But it was clear they'd be bad. And I generally don't enjoy going to games as much as I used too. Sleeping in, cooking something or getting pizza and wings watching it on TV is so enjoyable now.

I will say though, nothing like making that walk to the gates and getting in just before the game starts. I went to a concert there this year, I was excited, and it was a great show, but it just felt off.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No.... It was clear at halftime last week.

I told people before the season I'm not going, I knew people going to the titans game and told them no. 

I always make it a point to go to night games because I love the atmosphere, and it's nice not getting up at like 7 to get there to drink on a Sunday. I didnt even try this year. More so because I'm done going to games vs the Pats with Brady, I used to make it a point to go to those. They're not fun to me anymore lol.

But it was clear they'd be bad. And I generally don't enjoy going to games as much as I used too. Sleeping in, cooking something or getting pizza and wings watching it on TV is so enjoyable now.

I will say though, nothing like making that walk to the gates and getting in just before the game starts. I went to a concert there this year, I was excited, and it was a great show, but it just felt off.

BOTH are good options.

I love being there, but I don’t know that every week, home and/or away, is the best way to be a fan. But I respect people who make such great efforts! 

Just now, Augie said:

BOTH are good options.

I love being there, but I don’t know that every week, home and/or away, is the best way to be a fan. But I respect people who make such great efforts! 

Me too. Definitely respect the season ticket holders. It amazes me from how far away some travel for these games. I know they enjoy it for numerous reasons, but I always feel for them when it's a dud. And I'm not talking just this year. I've felt that way for years.

Tailgate.  The social aspect.  Games on TV have become unwatchable.

"We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion year old carbon
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden"

/Thread

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Me too. Definitely respect the season ticket holders. It amazes me from how far away some travel for these games. I know they enjoy it for numerous reasons, but I always feel for them when it's a dud. And I'm not talking just this year. I've felt that way for years.

At Tailgate.  I talked to one Guy who flies in from LA for every Home Game.  He was @ MNF.  Was going back in morning and coming back for Bears Game.

Not sure if He's on this Board... But that's a shut out to Him!

X2 ThumbsUp!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Tailgate.  The social aspect.  Games on TV have become unwatchable.

"We are stardust, we are golden
We are billion year old carbon
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden"

/Thread

At Tailgate.  I talked to one Guy who flies in from LA for every Home Game.  He was @ MNF.  Was going back in morning and coming back for Bears Game.

Not sure if He's on this Board... But that's a shut out to Him!

X2 ThumbsUp!

That guy must be making bank. That's crazy, but crazy in a great way.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Not sure.  Or single and "that's what he does."  If you schedule, book early... I guess it can be done reasonable $$$.  I guess all about choices and what you choose to do, enjoy?

True, a lot easier now with the direct flights from LAX-Buffalo. If they fly on weekends. Still you're looking at just over 2,500 in airfare, plus season tickets, and maybe hotels? I guess it is just like splitting up a vacation over the course of 8 random weekends. It's more doable than I thought at first, still a lot of credit for all that effort.

• Like (+1) 1