Friend wants to go to a home game..... I ask why?

Give me a compelling argument.

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

6 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

1. Get NICELY TOASTY AT HAMMER'S LOT AND HANG OUT WITH MANY FUN TBD MEMBERS IN A NO-NONSENSE ENVIRONMENT.

2. Watch Josh Allen

Only 2 reasons I can think of at this point

Fixed. This is my plan for the Jax game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Give me a compelling argument.

I come down 2X's/yr on average and of my group am the only "fan" watching the Bills religiously and on sites like this.

Yes it means a 3 hour drive with the border to cross and my friend states it is a tradition.

I told him there is no way I am wasting 12 hours on Sunday (3 infront of the TV is plenty) to watch this team.  It is not the losing, it is fielding a product that has been so unwatchable on Offense and absolutely no fun.

When was the last fun game they played?  Not talking blowing out Minny (boring as heck after the first 20 minutes) or Arizona or Oakland where the Bills actrually won by double digits.  Maybe the OT loss to Miami Xmas 2016 (and they gave that one away)?

I guess if Allen is back this week or after the bye and plays well, but otherwise ss there a reason to pay money and support the Bills as they are right now? 

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here but if you have to find excuses to go to a football game where we have one of the most entertaining tailgating scenes on the planet, just going for the atmosphere, to see Josh Allen progress or because you're just a fan than maybe you aren't into this team or football in general  as much as you used to be .

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here but if you have to find excuses to go to a football game where we have one of the most entertaining tailgating scenes on the planet, just going for the atmosphere, to see Josh Allen progress or because you're just a fan than maybe you aren't into this team or football in general  as much as you used to be .

I'm in my 50's......  I like tailgating, but much rather do it in 70 degree weather then shivering and battling traffic.

Oh and would like to see a watchable football game too.....

• Like (+1) 1

It's pretty easy.

- being surrounded by people that love the same thing as you.

- dedicating an entire day to the football experience.

- drinking outside and hanging with your friends.

- supporting a team when they're bad so you can wear it as a badge of honor when they're good.

You should be able to have a good time at the game no matter how bad the actual team is. I always do.

• Like (+1) 6

if it was that long of a drive i'd have a hard time taking the trip to a game unless I got a hotel.

that being said its only 90 min for me and I enjoy all the festivities so i'll still be making a trip or 2 to finish out the season. attending the actual game will really just be a formality 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm in my 50's......  I like tailgating, but much rather do it in 70 degree weather then shivering and battling traffic.

Oh and would like to see a watchable football game too.....

The flaming tables will keep you warm my friend. 

Yeah it would be nice to see a competitive game from them. If Allen is in I'd say it will be as I don't recall us getting a blowout loss with Allen at QB unless I'm mistaken?

3-hour drive...thats all??

I am driving 8 for the Jacksonville game  reason why

1) Get tto hang with family and friends all day..yep you could do that whenever ya want, but you dont. So this is the excuse we all need

2) I get free stromboli @Hammered a Lot ..and @ Mondy nighter even had road kill beaver chile courtesy of our resident hillbilly @CountryCletus Food is always great @ the TBD tailgate. Beef on weck sliders at the Jacksonville game courtesy of @seasons 1992

3)  Get to scream obscenities at Doug Marrone for 3 hours! ( just kidding, but beating him would be glorious)

4) Beer and potty lines will be short

5) get in cheap if you don't already have tickets

6) wings in the lot after if weather decent are the best you have ever had..fried up by, you guessed it..yours truly!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

1. Get hammered

2. Watch Josh Allen

Only 2 reasons I can think of at this point

1) agreed

2) get so hammered you talk yourself into 80 yards passing for Allen is a step in the right direction

3) as much as I hate watching this team, nothing compare to watching the Bills and the season is almost over

• Like (+1) 1