Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

OMG!

That is horrible.  I've broken three ribs total, and the pain, oh the pain... I cannot imagine what you must have gone through. Simply awful. 

Actually, once you've broken three, the other 18 didn't matter.

I actually hear them crack.

I had a good support system, but I couldn't move laterally for about four weeks.

Note to the guys, and I apologize to anyone who has any medical background, though I am thankful that my wife was a Navy nurse and thought I was going to die.

If you subject your vascular system to extreme pressure, as in getting crushed, you will see results in weird areas, a few days later.

My ***** turned black after two days, and it lasted for about a week.

Too much information.....I know.....But just a heads up if you intend to over pressurize your vascular system.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Actual conversation between sherpa and his wife- tractor

sherpa's wife: Now stand aside, worthy adversary!

sherpa: 'Tis but a scratch!

sherpa's wife: A scratch? Your arm's off!

sherpa: No, it isn't.

sherpa's wife: What's that, then?

sherpa: [after a pause] I've had worse.

sherpa's wife: You liar!

sherpa: Come on, you pansy!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I have the University of Virginia hospital record for number of broken ribs that someone has survived.

I broke 21 of 24.

She can make it, but she is beyond any age where she should be serving.

Wow, sorry you had to endure such awful injuries.

You are right, she shouldn't be serving.  It isn't noble IMO to die in office.  She's earned her freedom and with good retirement benefits.  Go have some fun and if you want to stay involved in the judiciary, go lecture or mentor younger people. 

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I had a good support system, but I couldn't move laterally for about four weeks.

I did not know I broke the first one until I  had an X-ray years later.

The second two... I was painting the walls in my tall front hallway in an old house I used to own using a rickety old ladder to reach the top parts of those walls. Up and down, up and down the ladder I went. No problems. 

For the shorter part of the hallway walls, I got on a nice, sturdy stepstool... which was sitting on the edge of some stairs that were covered with a tarp. When that stepstool went down those stairs, the back-bar on the stepstool crashed into my ribs breaking two of them.  

Paint went everywhere!!

And, instead of wallowing in my pain ... my son and his cousin (6 and 8 at the time) came barreling down the staircase from his upstairs bedroom to check on me. They wanted to "help" me clean up the mess after I assured them I was "OK". Nothing, and I mean nothing will get ya moving quite as fast as two little boys offering to "help" clean up spilled paint on hardwood floors, and off the walls.  (The subsequent x-ray was the x-ray that informed me of that first rib I broke years before.) 

Again, what you went through... simply horrible. I am glad you recovered. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

No.

Short story, but I was doing maintenance on my tractor. Not a small tractor, the rear wheels are about chin level.

The valve that controls the hydrostatic transmission went into forward while I was underneath, pinning my shirt and me, and it ran over me.

This tractor weighs about 1000 pounds more than a car.

Still, after it ran over my chest, I got up, shut the tractor down, went in and sat on the couch.

My wife came in and noticed I wasn't quite right...Petechial and other hemorrhages all over my face from blood being forced out.  

I told her what happened and she insisted we go to the hospital.

I insisted that I must shower and change.

When I looked at myself after the shower I realized things weren't quite right.

Anyway, 21 broken ribs, four that are repaired with titanium.

Ayyyy wolverine.  Sup?

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

I have the University of Virginia hospital record for number of broken ribs that someone has survived.

I broke 21 of 24.

She can make it, but she is beyond any age where she should be serving.

Overtightened corset will get ya every time... ?

Seriously though... That story is insane and I may have come close to puking at the thought. Your very existence right now is proof that you're a tough son of a gun. 

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

Note to the guys, and I apologize to anyone who has any medical background, though I am thankful that my wife was a Navy nurse and thought I was going to die.

If you subject your vascular system to extreme pressure, as in getting crushed, you will see results in weird areas, a few days later.

My ***** turned black after two days, and it lasted for about a week.

Too much information.....I know.....But just a heads up if you intend to over pressurize your vascular system.

That must have pleased your wife.

I couldn't resist ---that was some real low hanging fruit, so to speak.

• Haha (+1) 1