Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

33 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I doubt it's either. I'm sure they call her for the vote/discussion.

Oral arguments are really the least important part of an appeal. Sometimes you can change a judge's mind or get one off the fence by clarifying a point for them, but decisions are mostly made based on the briefs.

And what happens if they're wearing boxers? :unsure:

For the record, does anyone from the SC actually check in on her to make sure she's still alive and cognizant? If she's not able to speak and no one has seen her, what is the assurance that she is indeed alive and capable of doing her job?  Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

And what happens if they're wearing boxers? :unsure:

For the record, does anyone from the SC actually check in on her to make sure she's still alive and cognizant? If she's not able to speak and no one has seen her, what is the assurance that she is indeed alive and capable of doing her job?  Asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

The rules are quite clear: boxers are unacceptable. Rule 3.14(i)(5)(ix) requires tighty-whities or gtfo.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nanker said:

that is my concern. is she performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice or is she holding the seat for someone else?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

that is my concern. is she performing the duties of Supreme Court Justice or is she holding the seat for someone else?

Very true. If she's in late stage lung cancer she could be really incapacitated and heavily drugged with opiates. 

It would not put it past the Dems to do a Weekend at Bernie's with her until 2020. 

15 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I can't see clerks doing something that unethical. Their legal careers would be over if they got caught trying to cover her death.

i understood they always do the work, they are either hired to reflect the justice's view or a devil's advocate role

Every notable person including some that are not have their obituary written prior to their death, and I would assume that graphics for tv or internet are created in advance so that they can immediately put it on the screen when that person dies. That's not the news here. Posting it is the news.

• Like (+1) 2