Shooting in Southern California Bar

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about????

Are you one of these wacky guys that think your puny small firearms can do anything whatsoever against the US military machine, should it decide to back

a tyrannical, totalitarian government?...  Dude... They've got sh_t that can thin-slice your entire family from 5 miles away!... You and the other hicks gathered to defend

your freedoms would never, -NEVER even know what hit you.... To quote the Rhino:

That's exactly what this misguided fervor for the 2nd amendment is.... Because you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in the unlikely event of military Tyranny.

Tyranny does not only come at the hands of the federal government and its army. 

Again, things you'd understand if you realized the history in discussion here. The second amendment guarantees the rest of them for the individual. 

9 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

Yes it is...that's exactly what it is.

Fair enough. My response was badly stated. It should have said private gun ownership isn't meant for one man to turn back the might of Washington.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Azalin said:

Fair enough. My response was badly stated. It should have said private gun ownership isn't meant for one man to turn back the might of Washington.

This is exactly correct.

11 hours ago, #34fan said:

Are you one of these wacky guys that think your puny small firearms can do anything whatsoever against the US military machine, should it decide to back

a tyrannical, totalitarian government?...  Dude... They've got sh_t that can thin-slice your entire family from 5 miles away!... You and the other hicks gathered to defend

your freedoms would never, -NEVER even know what hit you.... To quote the Rhino:

Are you familiar with Iraq and Afghanistan?  How about Vietnam and Korea?

The truth is that currently, in the modern military age, such resistances can, do, and are holding off the might of the United States military.

In this argument I have every aspect of both history and the present working for me, and against you.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, #34fan said:

The principle of gun ownership on-demand is outdated... Common-sense legislation to protect the public from homicidal maniacs is WAY overdue.

The government closely regulates who can obtain, use, or possess any number of drugs, chemicals, and naturally-occurring compounds. -Why not the same with

firearms?  

Good thing no one can get those things and there's no violence/black market issues.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

That's exactly what this misguided fervor for the 2nd amendment is.... Because you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in the unlikely event of military Tyranny.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

He’s not crying about Nazi’s anymore.     It’s a start.  

STHU, you Nazi Pr__k!

15 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Say the 'tards who want to hold off the four Branches of the U.S. military with handguns.

18 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Are you familiar with Iraq and Afghanistan?  How about Vietnam and Korea?

The truth is that currently, in the modern military age, such resistances can, do, and are holding off the might of the United States military.

In this argument I have every aspect of both history and the present working for me, and against you.

So, civilians with handguns held off the U.S. military in Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan?! -Oh, Ok :lol:...

You have literally lost your f___ing mind this time, Tasky.... 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Tyranny does not only come at the hands of the federal government and its army. 

True.. It also comes from jagoffs who value their right to play soldier over everyone's right to live without fear of random carnage.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, Azalin said:

Do you really believe that if a tyrannical dictator ever took control that our entire military would back them and take up arms against their families and communities?

Yup.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, Azalin said:

Private gun ownership isn't meant to turn back the might of Washington, it's meant to allow private citizens to protect their families and property.

You're not characterizing TYTT's argument correctly.

it's right there in his post! -TYTT sees private gun ownership as a potential means of resisting Tyranny:

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

The world is not free of tyrants, and even in recent history the first acts of oppressors includes removing the population's ability to resist.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, Azalin said:

Private gun ownership isn't meant to turn back the might of Washington, it's meant to allow private citizens to protect their families and property.

That is a clear and cogent argument in support of a living and evolving Constitution if I ever heard one. Here I had you pegged as a conservative originalist. 

This issue doesnt move me much. If we allow guns, sad and lonely people will kill innocents. Good guys with guns won’t stop it except in 2 headline stories a year. And that’s the price of the freedom to own. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

That is a clear and cogent argument in support of a living and evolving Constitution if I ever heard one. Here I had you pegged as a conservative originalist. 

This issue doesnt move me much. If we allow guns, sad and lonely people will kill innocents. Good guys with guns won’t stop it except in 2 headline stories a year. And that’s the price of the freedom to own. 

You appear to have missed where I corrected myself:

22 hours ago, Azalin said:

Or are you just being obtuse?

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

STHU, you Nazi Pr__k!

Say the 'tards who want to hold off the four Branches of the U.S. military with handguns.

So, civilians with handguns held off the U.S. military in Korea, Vietnam, and Afghanistan?! -Oh, Ok :lol:...

You have literally lost your f___ing mind this time, Tasky.... 

True.. It also comes from jagoffs who value their right to play soldier over everyone's right to live without fear of random carnage.

Yup.

it's right there in his post! -TYTT sees private gun ownership as a potential means of resisting Tyranny:

15 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You appear to have missed where I corrected myself:

Or are you just being obtuse?

I don't hang on your every word and no, I did not see your correction. Simply pointing it that you made an error is all you had to do. 

Moving on from that, "protect my family" is a much more frequent and supportable justification for people having a handgun than anything to do with tyranny and a well-regulated militia.

48 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don't hang on your every word and no, I did not see your correction. Simply pointing it that you made an error is all you had to do. 

Moving on from that, "protect my family" is a much more frequent and supportable justification for people having a handgun than anything to do with tyranny and a well-regulated militia.

Hang on my every word?! My correction was literally only three posts below what you quoted, very easy to spot if you're actually participating in the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

It's certainly not more supportable, unless you don't support the Constitution.

• Like (+1) 1