Shooting in Southern California Bar

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Not nearly enough... The screening process of obtaining a firearm needs to be more stringent...

This is what happens when you come at a discussion from a place of emotion, rather than logic. You say stupid stuff like this. 

Where this tragedy happened, Thousand Oaks, has some of the most stringent firearm laws in the country and it did nothing to prevent this slaughter. 

Because laws do not prevent crime or deter evil. 

What you're proposing is not a solution designed to stop the problem, it's designed to make YOU feel better about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If we're just going to eliminate Constitutional rights, why not remove the right for peaceful assembly? Can't have a mass shooting if people aren't allowed to congregate.

You used the "E" word, I didn't.... -Nor would I.... We need modern-day legislation, and stringent policies to keep guns out of deranged people's hands.

Anyone who isn't for that, at this point, might be deranged as well.

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Not nearly enough... The screening process of obtaining a firearm needs to be more stringent...

Yah, some hero-shmuck that'll wind up shooting a pregnant woman and a kid.

Do you have any common sense gun control measures you can think of that would have prevented this?

You used the "E" word, I didn't.... -Nor would I.... We need modern-day legislation, and stringent policies to keep guns out of deranged people's hands.

Anyone who isn't for that, at this point, might be deranged as well.

Oh, ok then.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is what happens when you come at a discussion from a place of emotion, rather than logic. You say stupid stuff like this. 

Where this tragedy happened, Thousand Oaks, has some of the most stringent firearm laws in the country and it did nothing to prevent this slaughter. 

Because laws do not prevent crime or deter evil. 

What you're proposing is not a solution designed to stop the problem, it's designed to make YOU feel better about it. 

I'm not talking about state and Local... I'm talking about Federal guidelines that must be met before someone can legally own a firearm.... As well as more

stringent guidelines for sellers to follow. Enough carnage!  Retardation, is chalking up these dead kids to the price of freedom.

Edited by #34fan

I'm not talking about state and Local... I'm talking about Federal guidelines that must be met before someone can legally own a firearm.... As well as more

stringent guidelines for sellers to follow. Enough carnage!  Retardation, is chalking up these dead kids to the price of freedom.

Do you honestly think that people who use guns to murder others give a flying ***** about federal regulations? Does it not occur to you that they don't even care about laws like murder that carry life in prison, if not execution?

This overly-emotional dipschiffery is what everyone is ragging on you about. All your proposals do is inconvenience the people who actually follow the law. They do absolutely nothing to keep guns out of the hands of the determined.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Do you have any federal guidelines in mind that would have prevented this?

32 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Outline your policy.  Go ahead.

36 minutes ago, #34fan said:

hqdefault.jpg

Your attempt at trying to explain this will be amazing.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Yah, some hero-shmuck that'll wind up shooting a pregnant woman and a kid.

Do you own a firearm?  

So you’d rather some crazy ***** just go from one innocent person to another putting bullets in their heads unchallenged?  Not me. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

"I'm not talking about gun laws! I'm talking about gun laws!":wacko:

That's the kind of stupid arguments you make when you're letting your emotions override your reason and logic.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Thanks Mr Spock, but college kids being blown away on the whim of a lunatic is plenty reason to be emotional.

But go on justifying senseless carnage with ancient legislation.

Over the long arch of human history, freedom is in it's infancy, and it was the use of force-multipliers by the general population against their oppressors which made it possible.

The world is not free of tyrants, and even in recent history the first acts of oppressors includes removing the population's ability to resist.

Human freedom is far too precious, and far to fragile, to sacrifice simply because a handful, or hundreds, or even thousands of innocents die in order that it stay alive.

We cannot prevent tragedy, but we can try to prevent tyranny.

And that begins with refusing to budge an inch on private gun ownership; regardless of how many emotional appeals you make that men should be slaves.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

The principle of gun ownership on-demand is outdated... Common-sense legislation to protect the public from homicidal maniacs is WAY overdue.

The government closely regulates who can obtain, use, or possess any number of drugs, chemicals, and naturally-occurring compounds. -Why not the same with

firearms?  

How’s that drug thing working out?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Over the long arch of human history, freedom is in it's infancy, and it was the use of force-multipliers by the general population against their oppressors which made it possible.

The world is not free of tyrants, and even in recent history the first acts of oppressors includes removing the population's ability to resist.

Human freedom is far too precious, and far to fragile, to sacrifice simply because a handful, or hundreds, or even thousands of innocents die in order that it stay alive.

We cannot prevent tragedy, but we can try to prevent tyranny.

And that begins with refusing to budge an inch on private gun ownership; regardless of how many emotional appeals you make that men should be slaves.

I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about????

Are you one of these wacky guys that think your puny small firearms can do anything whatsoever against the US military machine, should it decide to back

a tyrannical, totalitarian government?...  Dude... They've got sh_t that can thin-slice your entire family from 5 miles away!... You and the other hicks gathered to defend

your freedoms would never, -NEVER even know what hit you.... To quote the Rhino:

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's exactly what this misguided fervor for the 2nd amendment is.... Because you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in the unlikely event of military Tyranny.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I'm sorry, but WTF are you talking about????

Are you one of these wacky guys that think your puny small firearms can do anything whatsoever against the US military machine, should it decide to back

a tyrannical, totalitarian government?...  Dude... They've got sh_t that can thin-slice your entire family from 5 miles away!... You and the other hicks gathered to defend

your freedoms would never, -NEVER even know what hit you.... To quote the Rhino:

That's exactly what this misguided fervor for the 2nd amendment is.... Because you wouldn't be able to do a damn thing in the unlikely event of military Tyranny.

And I would ask you WTF are you talking about? Do you really believe that if a tyrannical dictator ever took control that our entire military would back them and take up arms against their families and communities? Private gun ownership isn't meant to turn back the might of Washington, it's meant to allow private citizens to protect their families and property.

You're not characterizing TYTT's argument correctly. Rethink it and try again, this time with less emotion and more thought.

Edited by Azalin

6 minutes ago, Azalin said:

And I would ask you WTF are you talking about? Do you really believe that if a tyrannical dictator ever took control that our entire military would back them and take up arms against their families and communities? Private gun ownership isn't meant to turn back the might of Washington, it's meant to allow private citizens to protect their families and property.

You're not characterizing TYTT's argument correctly. Rethink it and try again, this time with less emotion and more thought.

Yes it is...that's exactly what it is.

• Like (+1) 1