Ohio -52 UB-17 - Buh-bye ranking.

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Some people just love to focus on penalties, etc,,  Clearly this was a game that penalties didn't matter one bit.  I didn't look at the box score but I'm guessing Ohio got nearly 700 yards of offense. Did the UB defense even cause one negative play for Ohio?  it was incredible.  That was such an a$$-kicking that it was like watching Alabama demolish Gardner-Webb or something.   The shine is off the season for me.  Really good teams don't get beaten down like that.  

Your not a real UB fan are you? Lol 

PTR and I have been here since day 1 and I can tell you we would never say anything like that, especially coming off a season like this

this is the most proud I’ve ever been of this university and I can’t wait for the future 

it sounds like you just hopped on the bandwagon because no UB fan who has waited through 20 years of **** would have the shine killed on the season because last week

ohio was desperate 

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

PTR and I have been here since day 1 and I can tell you we would never say anything like that, especially coming off a season like this

this is the most proud I’ve ever been of this university and I can’t wait for the future 

it sounds like you just hopped on the bandwagon because no UB fan who has waited through 20 years of **** would have the shine killed on the season because last week

ohio was desperate 

You win this internet argument

no prizes though 

I love watching those MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have been rooting for UB and I was disappointed in the outcome of that game.  UB was trying to vary the play calling by mixing in passes. Ohio was ground and pound for pretty much the whole game. People like to blame the QB when the passing game doesn’t work. To me, it’s more likely that the receivers can’t catch anything that isn’t a perfect pass.  And sometimes they don’t even catch perfect passes. 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:39 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Mabry is a RS JR fortunately and should be back and a key piece 

Tyree, KJ, Mabry, Nunn, Charlie Jones , Patterson, Marks, Reed, Hawkins. Good core coming back 

Awesome! Let's hope they can bring the o line thunder back. I am still wondering if Jackson will be back but your confidence will allow for me to sleep easier

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

ohio was desperate 

Lol yeah. I Only grew up 5 mins from North campus, went there, had season tix in the worst of times and have followed the teams for 40+ years.  But ok, not a real fan.   say your peace.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Lol yeah. I Only grew up 5 mins from North campus, went there, had season tix in the worst of times and have followed the teams for 40+ years.  But ok, not a real fan.   say your peace.  

I think I asked that In question form? So why get so defensive 

you literally said that loss killed the shine on the season...

for someone who has Had seasons since the inception I have never heard such negativity after still a soon to be 10 win season 

NO shine? We can still Be MAC champions

Shine on

it was just a perfect storm.  Even if everything were equal, beating Ohio on the road was a tough game.

Give Ohio the mental edge of coming off a loss that likely cost them the Conference... but able to play for the "morale title" of always looking at themselves as the real Division champs. Ohio came in with a mental edge, eager to prove themselves.   UB came off a laugher in which they probably felt invincible, and again receiving a sniff of national attention.  No matter what, they probably knew that the didn't "have to" win that game.  Despite how much their coach urges them to block it out, that feeling has got to seep in.

Then, being outplayed.... any chance to get back in the game by way of a big gain or a first down was undone by unlucky bounces, fumble(s), untimely penalties, and also some questionable calls.  They were out-coached as well.

And yes, even with that loss, this season still has a realistic chance to be the high point in the history of the program.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.