Question about 2003 Bills Opener

I heard Tedy Bruschi talk about this once, and the way he described it is Belichick instills a lot of changes every single offseason, and there's a lot of experimenting that goes on with different personnel and packages early in the season. He says it's not at all that they aren't prepared physically or mentally for the beginning of the season, but the reason they get better as the season goes along is they're mastering the different things that have been incorporated and finding the right players for certain packages and plays. 

He said some teams don't change that much from one year to the next, and they're usually the ones that don't get better as the season goes along and that some teams that do just don't have a head coach as good as Belichick to smooth out all the wrinkles. 

In that specific scenario, the Bills D was getting to Brady quite a bit in that game and the Bills had good protection up front and Bledsoe hit some passes that he pretty much didn't for the majority of the rest of that year. 

I unfortunately have a feeling McDermott, like his long lost Uncle Jauron, is one of those that what you see is pretty much what you get. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Then the following week I sliced my pointer finger open (cutting something, I don't remember it was like 493 years ago) on my left hand and told my Fiance at the time that just gets me a band-aid because it was like 30 min to the Jaguars game ...

I thankfully have a scar because I got stitches.  Knicked the tendon apparently but was all good 

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I heard Tedy Bruschi talk about this once, and the way he described it is Belichick instills a lot of changes every single offseason, and there's a lot of experimenting that goes on with different personnel and packages early in the season. He says it's not at all that they aren't prepared physically or mentally for the beginning of the season, but the reason they get better as the season goes along is they're mastering the different things that have been incorporated and finding the right players for certain packages and plays. 

He said some teams don't change that much from one year to the next, and they're usually the ones that don't get better as the season goes along and that some teams that do just don't have a head coach as good as Belichick to smooth out all the wrinkles. 

In that specific scenario, the Bills D was getting to Brady quite a bit in that game and the Bills had good protection up front and Bledsoe hit some passes that he pretty much didn't for the majority of the rest of that year. 

I unfortunately have a feeling McDermott, like his long lost Uncle Jauron, is one of those that what you see is pretty much what you get. 

Nice post; sadly your last paragraph seems to be dead on.

4 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

How the hell did they beat the Patriots 31-0? Was it a fluke? Great gameplan? I guess it goes to show that you can never take opening day results too seriously. We all know how the season ended for each team.

We had players! Adams (the pick six by the big fella had the crowd in a lather) Pat Williams, Clements, Spikes, Henry, Moulds, Schobel. When Williams and Adams came off the bench for the goal line stand to end it and pitch the shutout was one of my favorite moments of all time. We were 1-0 and in first place! Good times

And as mentioned above we Lawyered up that week. Malloy brought the playbook with him from NE

3 hours ago, no name said:

61C-2f41UVL.jpg

another one of those seasons going 2-0 out the gate and thinking this is the year, maybe this year and well, you know.

RUMBLING, STUMBLING, BUMBLING!

Edited by iinii
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Plus tapes with stolen signals aren't available until week 3.

• Thank you (+1) 1