Are We/Should We Be Tanking?

Tanking?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which best describes your view on the Bills tanking right now?

• They ARE tanking, I want them to tank.
    • They ARE tanking, I want them to win games.
    • They ARE NOT tanking, I want them to tank.
    • They ARE NOT tanking, I want them to win games.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the overall plan for the year is to be a bad year as they make room for next year. But I think the game plan for the team is still to win games with what they've got.

That's self contradictory.

It would help if the OP defined his terms.

Everyone has a different idea of what "tank" means and in that sense, it's not really a useful term.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

That's self contradictory.

It would help if the OP defined his terms.

Everyone has a different idea of what "tank" means and in that sense, it's not really a useful term.

Intentionally gutting the roster to lose as many games as possible to get a high overall pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Intentionally gutting the roster to lose as many games as possible to get a high overall pick. 

If that's the definition, it would be stripping the offense of talent so they can draft a DE next spring.

*puts head in hands and weeps.

But actually, I think they stripped it for the sake of stripping it, and had no idea how badly they overestimated their offensive talent evaluation skills. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CookieG said:

If that's the definition, it would be stripping the offense of talent so they can draft a DE next spring.

*puts head in hands and weeps.

But actually, I think they stripped it for the sake of stripping it, and had no idea how badly they overestimated their offensive talent evaluation skills. 

Perfect storm scenario. 

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think the overall plan for the year is to be a bad year as they make room for next year. But I think the game plan for the team is still to win games with what they've got.

Exactly how I feel.

You can't look at the roster spending or personnel moves and believe that Beane prioritized winning this year.  He's obviously building for the future.

But I think McD tries his hardest to win every game.  

• Like (+1) 1