Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steven50

All-22 Analysis: Guard Wyatt Teller

Recommended Posts

THANKYOU for this

 

Teller absolutely should have been starting for this team already......

 

And yes....a couple of mistakes...but light years ahead of what is starting now and he would actually get better with playing time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyatt Earp Teller !

 

Tall like his brothers, Wyatt Earp [ Teller ]was 6 feet 4 inches when the average height was about 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 m).[157][214] He was described in 1887 by the Los Angeles Herald as "quiet, unassuming, broad-shouldered, with a large blonde mustache. He is dignified, self-contained, game and fearless, and no man commands greater respect  ... "[215] He weighed about 315 pounds , was long-armed, and muscular, and was very capable of using his fists instead of his weapon to control those resisting his authority.[

 

(edited for Teller's dimensions)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyatt_Earp

 

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, steven50 said:

 

Apologies if this was already posted. Very good all 22 on Guard Wyatt Teller playing along the line in the bears game.

 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/11/7/18070460/all-22-analysis-guard-wyatt-teller-buffalo-bills-rookie-seeing-playing-field

 

I’ve seen it clearly established on this forum that McBeane are incapable of identifying offensive talent.  Thus any posititivity indicated here can’t be true. 

  • Haha 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

I’ve seen it clearly established on this forum that McBeane are incapable of identifying offensive talent.  Thus any posititivity indicated here can’t be true. 

 

But now you'll be ripped for McD is so clueless that he hasn't played him, he can't even see talent himself when it's right there in front of him! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

But now you'll be ripped for McD is so clueless that he hasn't played him, he can't even see talent himself when it's right there in front of him! 

 

Exactly Right, because we also all know that fifth round rookie o linemen are either day 1 starters or total busts. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

Exactly Right, because we also all know that fifth round rookie o linemen are either day 1 starters or total busts. 😎

 

the 5th is our championship !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

 

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

 

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

 

Who cares if he a 5th round pick.   Kyle Williams was a 5th rounder and he turned out OK.    This kid may as well...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

 

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

I think it is more about the future now....and so yes its ok if Wyatt Teller shows that he has the ability to be a starting guard since our OL play is so bad.

 

Its also about evaluating Beans drafting ability....if they pull like Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller......That is FIVE players that if they turn out to be great to good is a very impressive draft overall

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is more about the future now....and so yes its ok if Wyatt Teller shows that he has the ability to be a starting guard since our OL play is so bad.

 

Its also about evaluating Beans drafting ability....if they pull like Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller......That is FIVE players that if they turn out to be great to good is a very impressive draft overall

Exactly. We aren’t the only team in the nfl that is looking forward to the offseason already.  We have lots of holes to fill and if Teller can be a core piece as a solid starting guard, that’s one less position we have to spend our resources on.  

 

Its all about the future.  Or in some peoples case, it’s all about crying, whining and moaning about today.  Just like every other season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a bit on Sirles who went in and played RT - 

 

wonder if maybe we see a line of: Sirles - Ducasse - Bohdine- Teller - Dawkins (Im looking at the line as the defense)...at some point..not saying to start this game

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good stuff.  here's a breakdown i did on one of his preseason performances a few months ago.

 

https://buildingherd.com/2018/08/14/breaking-down-rookie-lg-wyatt-tellers-2nd-quarter-preseason-vs-carolina-gifs-included/

 

I think there's a lot of potential there. I had high hopes for John Miller's comeback but they've been dashed at this point. Put in the kid and let him get some experience

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly. We aren’t the only team in the nfl that is looking forward to the offseason already.  We have lots of holes to fill and if Teller can be a core piece as a solid starting guard, that’s one less position we have to spend our resources on.  

 

Its all about the future.  Or in some peoples case, it’s all about crying, whining and moaning about today.  Just like every other season

 

That reminds me... I met Taron Johnson's parents at the Dallas Airport heading to Houston for the game.

They saw my Bills Jersey & yelled out "Hey Bills!" to me. I turned around and said hi, and his father asked me who "Dingus" was. Told them it was my last name, and that my wife got it for me for our anniversary. I asked how long he had been a Bills fan, and he said "my son plays for them." I kind of just ignored that, as I was so tired. Just said "cool," made some small talk, and walked away.

Then my wife was like "YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK ABOUT WHO HIS SON WAS?!" and I was like what, his son? Was just so out of it. Eventually saw him having drinks at an airport bar, decided to say hi again and ask about his son. He said Taron Johnson, and acted shocked when I said "Really? He's playing great!" Seemed like he didn't believe that I knew who that was, so I said "number 24 right?" and he perked up lol. 

They were both super nice. Sorry, I just remembered that happened 0_0

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

 

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

 

G@&$&damit can’t you let us have this one ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this kid.  Hoping he can be a real mauler on our line for years to come.  Excited to watch this kid develop.

 

EDIT: and the 5th round has been OK to us...Kyle Williams, Matt Milano....lets not sleep on this kid because of the round in which he was picked.

Edited by bills_fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

 

Who cares if he a 5th round pick.   Kyle Williams was a 5th rounder and he turned out OK.    This kid may as well...

It’s a G. Literally one of the easiest positions to find.  I care more about finding a good QBs, wr, TE, hell even a C before I worry about a G.  That said, hopefully he turns into a good starter.  It would be one of the few position offensive moves this regime has made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a G. Literally one of the easiest positions to find.  I care more about finding a good QBs, wr, TE, hell even a C before I worry about a G.  That said, hopefully he turns into a good starter.  It would be one of the few position offensive moves this regime has made.

If it is such a easy position to find....why have we not found it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is more about the future now....and so yes its ok if Wyatt Teller shows that he has the ability to be a starting guard since our OL play is so bad.

 

Its also about evaluating Beans drafting ability....if they pull like Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson, Wyatt Teller......That is FIVE players that if they turn out to be great to good is a very impressive draft overall

Long, long, long way to go on Allen.  He is off to a worst start than EJ.  And I never question their ability to find defensive talent since it’s SM running the team.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If it is such a easy position to find....why have we not found it?

Because we’re stupid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

I’ve seen it clearly established on this forum that McBeane are incapable of identifying offensive talent.  Thus any posititivity indicated here can’t be true. 

He's not playing is he?  They brought Ducasse here too did they not? He is still starting despite 2 seasons of hot garbage play. Correct me if I'm wrong, they signed Bodine too didn't they? And he's also quite terrible. How is dion Dawkins development going? Riiight.

Edited by That's No Moon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If it is such a easy position to find....why have we not found it?

 

To be fair, we have. Several times. With brown, levitre, Richie- LG has been one of our better positions the last 20 years. 

 

Signing a weak free agent and adding a day 3 draft pick (especially when lineman are slow to adapt in new league rules) is not actually trying to find it though. Having Castillo coach the line isn’t particularly inspiring either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

He's not playing is he?

 

he’s  not? Understood. Now how can we get to the bottom of this conspiracy to create game footage of him playing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

he’s  not? Understood. Now how can we get to the bottom of this conspiracy to create game footage of him playing? 

Yes, a couple series during a blowout after which they put back the tripe they took out. Yes, clearly the worm has turned in teller and sirles favor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

 

To be fair, we have. Several times. With brown, levitre, Richie- LG has been one of our better positions the last 20 years. 

 

Signing a weak free agent and adding a day 3 draft pick (especially when lineman are slow to adapt in new league rules) is not actually trying to find it though. Having Castillo coach the line isn’t particularly inspiring either.

I realize we have found OG's in the past

 

I am more referencing this year......our OL is very bad....if OGs are so easy to find why didnt we have them THIS year.....

 

Is it because we just got blindsided with losing 2 OL unexpectedly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×