All-22 Analysis: Guard Wyatt Teller

steven50

On 11/8/2018 at 2:56 AM, steven50 said:

Apologies if this was already posted. Very good all 22 on Guard Wyatt Teller playing along the line in the bears game.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/11/7/18070460/all-22-analysis-guard-wyatt-teller-buffalo-bills-rookie-seeing-playing-field

Nice. Thanks for posting this. It's hopeful.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:38 AM, NoSaint said:

We have the 42nd and 61st paid guards for vets, a 5th round rookie, and a 3rd rounder in his 4th scheme.... a bad OL coach.

despite losing 2 relatively premiere lineman we still traded away the guy that was likely our best. 

One might argue we didn’t have THAT much interest in a good line this year. Which is odd given our premium rookie qb. Similar could be said for wr. 

Yeah, we traded away the guy who was likely our best ... as he plays the same position as the guy who was likely our 2nd best, and much cheaper besides.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, vincec said:

Because they made a minimal effort and hoped for the best. They lost their three best starting OL from a group that was marginal to begin with. In response they signed a mediocre center and a backup tackle, and drafted a developmental guard prospect in the 5th round.

So the plan was apparently that Dawkins replaces Glenn, Miller/Newhouse/Groy replace Incognito and Bodine/Groy replace Wood. And they just keep on rolling with Ducasse and Mills, their two worst lineman from the previous season.

How could anything go wrong?

We also had holes at WR, LB, DL, QB and CB, and a few others besides, and not much depth. I know I personally was shocked to find that a team in a rebuild and in salary cap trouble besides hadn't plugged all those holes. Oh, wait, I wasn't.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:02 AM, That's No Moon said:

7 plays. How exactly does your snark improve your point? He played 7 plays and they put Ducasse back in who promptly sucked as per usual. 

Perhaps if you re-checked your fact check?

Seventeen plays.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

And I mildly disagree about Ducasse, as well. He's consistently underappreciated on this board. He was solid last year, and though he has taken a step back recently he started the year pretty well.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

Talking about a 5th Round G is an upgrade over talking about dildos...

Dìldo throwing is the only passing game in the Bills organization 

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Olinemen, good ones are not easy to find.   That's why the Texans oline is pure garbage, so is the Jets, and it's why Dallas invested all those 1st round picks.   It's why the Patriots just tell their linemen to hold every play because "they can't call em all".  

we need to invest some draft picks in the oline.  Dawkins is having a bad year at LT. He's getting over powered by bull rushers and left in the dust by speed rushers, so we're back at square 1 needing a LT.  And a C, and a pair of guards, and a RT.   Basically we need a whole new oline.   

6 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Talking about a 5th Round G is an upgrade over talking about dildos...

Dìldo throwing is the only passing game in the Bills organization 

Peterman may become the first QB in NFL history to throw a ***** for a pick six......