All-22 Analysis: Guard Wyatt Teller

steven50

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve seen it clearly established on this forum that McBeane are incapable of identifying offensive talent.  Thus any posititivity indicated here can’t be true. 

He's not playing is he?  They brought Ducasse here too did they not? He is still starting despite 2 seasons of hot garbage play. Correct me if I'm wrong, they signed Bodine too didn't they? And he's also quite terrible. How is dion Dawkins development going? Riiight.

Edited by That's No Moon

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If it is such a easy position to find....why have we not found it?

To be fair, we have. Several times. With brown, levitre, Richie- LG has been one of our better positions the last 20 years. 

Signing a weak free agent and adding a day 3 draft pick (especially when lineman are slow to adapt in new league rules) is not actually trying to find it though. Having Castillo coach the line isn’t particularly inspiring either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he’s  not? Understood. Now how can we get to the bottom of this conspiracy to create game footage of him playing? 

Yes, a couple series during a blowout after which they put back the tripe they took out. Yes, clearly the worm has turned in teller and sirles favor

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, we have. Several times. With brown, levitre, Richie- LG has been one of our better positions the last 20 years. 

Signing a weak free agent and adding a day 3 draft pick (especially when lineman are slow to adapt in new league rules) is not actually trying to find it though. Having Castillo coach the line isn’t particularly inspiring either.

I realize we have found OG's in the past

I am more referencing this year......our OL is very bad....if OGs are so easy to find why didnt we have them THIS year.....

Is it because we just got blindsided with losing 2 OL unexpectedly?

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a G. Literally one of the easiest positions to find.  I care more about finding a good QBs, wr, TE, hell even a C before I worry about a G.  That said, hopefully he turns into a good starter.  It would be one of the few position offensive moves this regime has made.

Great if it's so easy go get us one, Hell make it two.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

They should just start Teller the rest of the way. There is very little to be gained starting Miller or Vlad. Miller although still fairly young has been ruined by this team the past two seasons, even though I think some team might be able to salvage him, his time here is done. Vlad is a vet, he might be a decent backup but he just is what he is at this point. You need to see what you have with Teller the rest of the way. If Teller finishes the back 7 games strong maybe you are fine with him at RG and you only have 3 holes to plug along the O-line.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

Why would you not be happy with them finding a starter in the 5 th round? Seriously, not many teams find starters on the offensive line in the 5th round or higher. Especially not day one 

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

7 plays. How exactly does your snark improve your point? He played 7 plays and they put Ducasse back in who promptly sucked as per usual. 

Why don’t you argue with joe b (see below) then get back to me.  And remind what point it was you were even trying to make/refute... god speed

“13) G Wyatt Teller
Snaps on the Field: 17/91
Grade vs. Bears: B-“

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) I love our fan base for being so involved in caring so much about a G

2) I also am depressed we are this excited about a 5th round G.  What a low bar our offense has set.  

in all fairness...we would be excited about any of the other young draft picks on the offensive side of the ball getting some game time. if there were any.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a G. Literally one of the easiest positions to find.  I care more about finding a good QBs, wr, TE, hell even a C before I worry about a G.  That said, hopefully he turns into a good starter.  It would be one of the few position offensive moves this regime has made.

Guards are no longer plug and play easy to find players. That's due to many factors but the main two in my opinion are the influx of high end interior pass rushers at the DT position and the changing of college offenses to spread offenses is leading to all offensive line play being less prepared to translate to the NFL. 

5 years ago you could draft Guards in rounds 1-3 and the bust rate was pretty low. You could find free agent guards fairly easily. Buddy Nix found guys like Craig Urbik off the scrap heap and he played pretty well for a few years. But interior O-line players are no longer these easily changeable pieces. 

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am more referencing this year......our OL is very bad....if OGs are so easy to find why didnt we have them THIS year.....

Because they made a minimal effort and hoped for the best. They lost their three best starting OL from a group that was marginal to begin with. In response they signed a mediocre center and a backup tackle, and drafted a developmental guard prospect in the 5th round.

So the plan was apparently that Dawkins replaces Glenn, Miller/Newhouse/Groy replace Incognito and Bodine/Groy replace Wood. And they just keep on rolling with Ducasse and Mills, their two worst lineman from the previous season.

How could anything go wrong?

Edited by vincec

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We have the 42nd and 61st paid guards for vets, a 5th round rookie, and a 3rd rounder in his 4th scheme.... a bad OL coach.

despite losing 2 relatively premiere lineman we still traded away the guy that was likely our best. 

One might argue we didn’t have THAT much interest in a good line this year. Which is odd given our premium rookie qb. Similar could be said for wr. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But now you'll be ripped for McD is so clueless that he hasn't played him, he can't even see talent himself when it's right there in front of him! 

So then answer the obvious question. Why hasn’t he played?  I’m sure you will have some cool insulting way of telling me. 

On 11/7/2018 at 7:42 PM, nedboy7 said:

So then answer the obvious question. Why hasn’t he played?  I’m sure you will have some cool insulting way of telling me. 

Because he's a rookie 5th round draft choice that looked good in per-season (as did Peterman), but the people that see him every day in practice, meeting, etc, don't feel he's ready yet.  The fact that he did play some last week may mean he's getting closer to being ready.  By next season he could be a starter, maybe later this season after the bye. maybe he starts seeing more PT even maybe start.