LAMP: I Just Need to Vent

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

There's definitely a jealousy thing going on. My fiance and I met online, met in person a few days later, and hit it off instantly. As cliche as it sounds, it was love at first sight. It's a very rare thing, but it happens. So whenever she meets a guy, really any guy at all, after one date, she automatically acts like he's the one. We both tell her to slow it down, if we like the guy. Or if we see red flags, tell her that, but she goes back anyway. 

Congrats on the wedding.  

In addition to being jealous of your happiness, sounds like she might want your D, too.  Steer clear. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah. I'm basically giving it until Saturday. See if things blow over by then. That's why I'm venting here. 

Be careful who you are marrying.  No offense to you or your fiancé as I know neither of you at all, but people should be judged by the company they keep in my opinion.

This "best friend" sounds like a really low quality individual, and she's your fiancé's best friend?  Or at least was thought as much for some amount of time?

These are warning flags my friend!  

It's up to you to sort it out and make sure you're marrying the right woman.  If you are, the "best friend" needs to be removed from the picture.  

It would be more effective for your fiancé to take care of that instead of you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

she's obviously an issue, and who really needs that.  just be a dick.  i've found it's so much easier to do that as you get older.  too many times in my youth have i bit my tongue to keep the peace.  now i just don't care.  worst case scenario, you be mean to her, your fiance is ticked for a bit, but later happy because this girl is out of your life. 

I agree 1000% with all of this. I AIN'T GOT TIME FOR YA BULL&^#T.

Don’t be too forceful in bashing your fiancé’s friend.  One thing I have learned over the years, as my wife has a few life-long friends who are just as annoying and retarded as the girl you describe.  

As much as your fiancé gets tired of their ***** and says she is done with them, they will be friends again in a couple weeks and you will feel awkward and/or stupid...especially if you speak your opinion directly to the crazy friend.  Be careful, and remember....***** be crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd discuss it with your fiancee and be honest where you're coming from on it.  It's her friend.  See how she reacts, a lot of chicks don't like to be the bad person or there may be a good reason she tolerates her friend.  It may help you find the best way to handle it and avoid conflict with the fiancee.

4 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I'd discuss it with your fiancee and be honest where you're coming from on it.  It's her friend.  See how she reacts, a lot of chicks don't like to be the bad person or there may be a good reason she tolerates her friend.  It may help you find the best way to handle it and avoid conflict with the fiancee.

At this point, she claims she's done with her. For better or for worse, my fiance is the most forgiving person I've ever met besides her mother. If she calls back and apologizes, my fiance will forgive her. 

joe...you have to let your fiance know you're a dick before you get married.  otherwise they get all bent out of shape when you suddenly "turn" into a dick well into the marriage.  my wife knew she was marrying a d-bag, and now she's stuck with me.  be a dick joe.  be a dick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

joe...you have to let your fiance know you're a dick before you get married.  otherwise they get all bent out of shape when you suddenly "turn" into a dick well into the marriage.  my wife knew she was marrying a d-bag, and now she's stuck with me.  be a dick joe.  be a dick.

Truth.

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Getting married on the 24th. Pretty sure this one likes me as more than a friend. She's great. I love her. But she has this "friend."

Let's go back to when I was first planning on proposing. This was back in late 2016. I had just been laid off, and found a new job, working weird hours for significantly less money. In order to survive, I had to work all the overtime I could get just to make end's meet. Also, her father was in the hospital, and her mother was having surgery to remove a tumor. So I had it down to two days, a Friday, ideally, or a Tuesday if I couldn't get a paid day off from work.

I told her friend this, and she told me Tuesday doesn't work, because it's her birthday. Not that I cared, but I told her it was most likely gonna be that Friday. She literally goes back to my now fiance and says "He's planning on proposing to you on my birthday! You gotta tell him he can't because I'm not even sure I can be there, and that's MY day to celebrate." I didn't make a big deal out of it because Tuesday didn't work anyway. But it was pretty crappy of her to make it all about herself.

Then in April. My fiance's birthday came up, and I threw a surprise party for her. Nothing huge. Just about 7 or 8 of our closest friends. One of my best friends died unexpectedly the day before. I was wanted to cancel, because I honestly just wanted to mope around the house all day, but powered through it anyway. Her alleged best friend didn't make it. She got into an argument with her mom that morning, and was just feeling kinda sad about it and didn't want to go to a party. Also decided not to tell me, after I'd bought enough food for everyone. 

Now, fast forward to September. She tells my fiance that she can't make the bridal shower, or the rehearsal, because her mom told her she has to go out of town. Side note, this woman is 24 years old, and literally just refuses to get a job and move out of her parent's house.

So Sunday, as we're getting ready to go watch the game, she gets a call, that her mom told her she can't go to the bachelorette party this Saturday. My fiance tells her politely but firmly, that if she can't make that, and is only a maybe on the rehersal, that she's invited to the wedding, but she can't be a bridesmaid. Turns out, her mom was only joking with her, and she can make the party, but now refuses to go, based on the fact that my fiance told her that in a hypothetical situation, which isn't happening, she doesn't want to be there.

I'm just venting here because the thing I want to say to her aren't nice. My fiance has a full time job, a sick father to take care of, a wedding to plan, and her mom passed a month ago. The last thing she needs is someone causing BS drama in the weeks leading up to the wedding. 

Sounds like her friend is an immature *****. Keep in mind she's probably going to be in your life as long as you're married. Why's your wife still friends with her at this point?

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sounds like her friend is an immature *****. Keep in mind she's probably going to be in your life as long as you're married. Why's your wife still friends with her at this point?

Because she's a super forgiving person. To a fault. Which is something I love about her, I just hope she can learn to forgive this person without immediately giving her back all of her trust. 

24 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

18 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Because she's a super forgiving person. To a fault. Which is something I love about her, I just hope she can learn to forgive this person without immediately giving her back all of her trust. 

I have to question your fiance's ability to choose and retain her friends.

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

She'd probably claim to be. She's one of those girls that claim to be bisexual, but pretty sure she's just looking for attention.  I think she'd chicken out if ever placed in the situation. 

Hows the rack ?    Built for Speed or Comfort?