LAMP: I Just Need to Vent

Why are you or your fiance giving this girl the attention she craves?  Simply tell her what the plans are and if she does not want to take part, say OK and move on with your lives.  Next time she throws a fit, calmly remove yourself from the situation and don't get upset.  The only thing that this B word is scared of is being irrelevant.  She doesn't care if it is negative or positive, as long as she is getting attention.  Every time you get upset or change something to accommodate her, you are feeding the beast.

4 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Why are you or your fiance giving this girl the attention she craves?  Simply tell her what the plans are and if she does not want to take part, say OK and move on with your lives.  Next time she throws a fit, calmly remove yourself from the situation and don't get upset.  The only thing that this B word is scared of is being irrelevant.  She doesn't care if it is negative or positive, as long as she is getting attention.  Every time you get upset or change something to accommodate her, you are feeding the beast.

Yeah. That's why she's basically cut off from everything. Not even invited to the wedding anymore.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

At this point, she claims she's done with her. For better or for worse, my fiance is the most forgiving person I've ever met besides her mother. If she calls back and apologizes, my fiance will forgive her. 

Nice!  Congrats on finding a great one! My point was sometimes the ladies prefer you do the dirty work and lay down the law so they don't have to. Sounds like it's handled though.

9 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

This girl is going to flake on the wedding.  100% chance.  Bank it. 

Don't get involved and wait for it implode.  Just be ready to be understanding when this friend inevitably lets your fiancé down.  Pretend to be surprised.

I hope she’s not an IT wiz who can hack in with her sex tape with the groom during the reception. That might be more fun than baby pictures!  But that might just get a bit awkward! 

Joe, I hope that doesn’t cause you to lose sleep!

Edited by Augie

On 11/7/2018 at 10:49 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Getting married on the 24th. Pretty sure this one likes me as more than a friend. She's great. I love her. But she has this "friend."

Let's go back to when I was first planning on proposing. This was back in late 2016. I had just been laid off, and found a new job, working weird hours for significantly less money. In order to survive, I had to work all the overtime I could get just to make end's meet. Also, her father was in the hospital, and her mother was having surgery to remove a tumor. So I had it down to two days, a Friday, ideally, or a Tuesday if I couldn't get a paid day off from work.

I told her friend this, and she told me Tuesday doesn't work, because it's her birthday. Not that I cared, but I told her it was most likely gonna be that Friday. She literally goes back to my now fiance and says "He's planning on proposing to you on my birthday! You gotta tell him he can't because I'm not even sure I can be there, and that's MY day to celebrate." I didn't make a big deal out of it because Tuesday didn't work anyway. But it was pretty crappy of her to make it all about herself.

Then in April. My fiance's birthday came up, and I threw a surprise party for her. Nothing huge. Just about 7 or 8 of our closest friends. One of my best friends died unexpectedly the day before. I was wanted to cancel, because I honestly just wanted to mope around the house all day, but powered through it anyway. Her alleged best friend didn't make it. She got into an argument with her mom that morning, and was just feeling kinda sad about it and didn't want to go to a party. Also decided not to tell me, after I'd bought enough food for everyone. 

Now, fast forward to September. She tells my fiance that she can't make the bridal shower, or the rehearsal, because her mom told her she has to go out of town. Side note, this woman is 24 years old, and literally just refuses to get a job and move out of her parent's house.

So Sunday, as we're getting ready to go watch the game, she gets a call, that her mom told her she can't go to the bachelorette party this Saturday. My fiance tells her politely but firmly, that if she can't make that, and is only a maybe on the rehersal, that she's invited to the wedding, but she can't be a bridesmaid. Turns out, her mom was only joking with her, and she can make the party, but now refuses to go, based on the fact that my fiance told her that in a hypothetical situation, which isn't happening, she doesn't want to be there.

I'm just venting here because the thing I want to say to her aren't nice. My fiance has a full time job, a sick father to take care of, a wedding to plan, and her mom passed a month ago. The last thing she needs is someone causing BS drama in the weeks leading up to the wedding. 

You live in a very special world.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Getting married on the 24th. Pretty sure this one likes me as more than a friend. She's great. I love her. But she has this "friend."

Let's go back to when I was first planning on proposing. This was back in late 2016. I had just been laid off, and found a new job, working weird hours for significantly less money. In order to survive, I had to work all the overtime I could get just to make end's meet. Also, her father was in the hospital, and her mother was having surgery to remove a tumor. So I had it down to two days, a Friday, ideally, or a Tuesday if I couldn't get a paid day off from work.

I told her friend this, and she told me Tuesday doesn't work, because it's her birthday. Not that I cared, but I told her it was most likely gonna be that Friday. She literally goes back to my now fiance and says "He's planning on proposing to you on my birthday! You gotta tell him he can't because I'm not even sure I can be there, and that's MY day to celebrate." I didn't make a big deal out of it because Tuesday didn't work anyway. But it was pretty crappy of her to make it all about herself.

Then in April. My fiance's birthday came up, and I threw a surprise party for her. Nothing huge. Just about 7 or 8 of our closest friends. One of my best friends died unexpectedly the day before. I was wanted to cancel, because I honestly just wanted to mope around the house all day, but powered through it anyway. Her alleged best friend didn't make it. She got into an argument with her mom that morning, and was just feeling kinda sad about it and didn't want to go to a party. Also decided not to tell me, after I'd bought enough food for everyone. 

Now, fast forward to September. She tells my fiance that she can't make the bridal shower, or the rehearsal, because her mom told her she has to go out of town. Side note, this woman is 24 years old, and literally just refuses to get a job and move out of her parent's house.

So Sunday, as we're getting ready to go watch the game, she gets a call, that her mom told her she can't go to the bachelorette party this Saturday. My fiance tells her politely but firmly, that if she can't make that, and is only a maybe on the rehersal, that she's invited to the wedding, but she can't be a bridesmaid. Turns out, her mom was only joking with her, and she can make the party, but now refuses to go, based on the fact that my fiance told her that in a hypothetical situation, which isn't happening, she doesn't want to be there.

I'm just venting here because the thing I want to say to her aren't nice. My fiance has a full time job, a sick father to take care of, a wedding to plan, and her mom passed a month ago. The last thing she needs is someone causing BS drama in the weeks leading up to the wedding. 

she is no friend but a spoiled child. People who still live with mommy never gain the proper maturity that comes with being on your own. Until she does she isn't worth having around. 

cut the cord and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, mead107 said:

Is it over yet??

The wedding is next week. But the drama is. My cousin is taking her place as a bridesmaid, and she's no longer coming to the wedding. My aunt, who never says a bad word about anybody texted me to make sure "That f-ing b**** isn't coming to the wedding." 

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The wedding is next week. But the drama is. My cousin is taking her place as a bridesmaid, and she's no longer coming to the wedding. My aunt, who never says a bad word about anybody texted me to make sure "That f-ing b**** isn't coming to the wedding." 

Have a great wedding ? 

Will we be able to catch any of this wedding on Jerry Springer?

On 11/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, mead107 said:

This marriage won’t last.   Bet under 4 years. 

I'm ready to lay some meadcoin on the date of the first marriage problems thread from TRBJ;  has the over/under been established?

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

Where on earth are you getting married?

Texas. Alcohol laws state if alcohol is being served at a function, there needs to be one for every certain number of people, I believe 50 but don't quote me. Texas is always known as this lawless old west wasteland, but we have some of the weirdest and strictest alcohol laws in the nation. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe