We gotta find a way to lose this one boys.

Ramza86

9 hours ago, The Drought said:

The Jets were 7 1/2 point favorites, with Darnold out does it go to 10 or 10 1/2.

Actually down to 6.5, which is kind of surprising.

McCown is much better than Darnold. Maybe they assume he'll be rusty.

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

If it is beneficial to lose, rest assured, this team will find a way to win.

I'll never get over our big time win against Carolina in 2001. It was awesome!

We ended up with fat Mike Williams and they got Julius Peppers.

The draft is always hit or miss so I'm not a proponent of tanking, but that win was costly.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

The draft is always hit or miss so I'm not a proponent of tanking, but that win was costly.

Peppers could have busted and Williams might still be playing OL if roles were reverse. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

So by losing most of their games they will become a winning organization.... like Cleveland did?

So if Allen comes in and plays well, we win 4 or 5 games the rest of the season  and that would be bad?

Nope, not at all! My point is many on this board cannot grasp that from 2001 until 2016 this was a failed organization and needed a complete rebuild. Many expected 2018 to be a rough season, if Josh Allen comes on and we start winning games that is a step forward! A huge step forward!

• Like (+1) 1

The people who want to tank are not real fans. What FA is going to want to come to a team like this? We can always overpay and end up in cap hell again while the next GM clears house again and loses and overpays for FAs. This is the cycle the Bills constantly put themselves in. This league is about winning now, not building a winner 10 years from now with an overpriced roster. 

I hope OP and the fake fans dont own any businesses...

Edited by Gigs

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yep, we passed on LT Bryant McKinney, a player who had a long distinguished career and Drafted Mike Williams, a RIGHT Tackle with weight issues and a chronic ankle injury.

The insanity will stop in 2019!!!  :)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yep, we passed on LT Bryant McKinney, a player who had a long distinguished career and Drafted Mike Williams, a RIGHT Tackle with weight issues and a chronic ankle injury.

The insanity will stop in 2019!!!  :)

Yeah, but McKinnie had some character flags and big fat Mike was a "good kid."

Donahoe taught me that drafting character over talent is a great way to lose your job.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah, but McKinnie had some character flags and big fat Mike was a "good kid."

Donahoe taught me that drafting character over talent is a great way to lose your job.

McKinnie did have some issues. Imo, if he worked harder and partied less he would have been Orlando Pace great. Instead, he was only Jumbo Elliot great.

McKinnie would have made a very big difference on our team.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

McKinnie did have some issues. Imo, if he worked harder and partied less he would have been Orlando Pace great. Instead, he was only Jumbo Elliot great.

McKinnie would have made a very big difference on our team.

Fair enough.

McKinnie may very well have had a better career if he was more dedicated to the craft. He still had a damn good one.

My overall point is that I'd rather draft talent and hope they pull it together than draft a lunchpail guy with a limited ceiling. Even drafting character is a crapshoot. Zay Jones was supposedly a high character guy and he ended up running through an apartment complex in LA crusading for Jesus or something or other.

I have concerns McBeane places too much emphasis on character. Overall, their drafts have been decent, so it may be an unwarranted concern. I'm no fan of Allen, but he and Edwards certainly aren't limited physically in any way, shape or form.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:24 AM, Ramza86 said:

Now is not the time to be winning these kinds of games. 

Peterman all the way. 

Did the Bills get a new OC? NO

Did the Bills actually get a WR that can catch? NO

Did the Bills get a new OL? NO

That all adds up to a strong possibility that the Bills will LOSE.

Edited by Yav

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is such a game that is so meaningless that the Bills will win.  It’s a tradition and I think I’m going to bet some money on them.  

Your right, in past years the very Billsy thing to do was win this game & lament about it next April when we are one spot out of landing a blue chip prospect but.....fear not, with Darnold sidelined & Mccown starting, a guy that actually knows how to put points up on the board, there is no chance the Bill are winning this game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have stated recently that I am warming up to the idea of shelving Josh Allen for the rest of the season.  If Derek Anderson is healthy enough he is playing on Sunday.  McD has stated as much.  I am fine with riding out DA and Matt Barkley to finish the season and secure a top 3-5 pick.  I never want to see Peterman under center again though.

Be careful what you wish for..you really think Anderson ,and especially Barkley, would play better than  Peterman vs. Jets? I think as soon as we get the word about Allen and Anderson being healthy, Barkley will be gone

2 hours ago, Yav said:

Did the Bills get a new OC? NO

Did the Bills actually get a WR that can catch? NO

Did the Bills get a new OL? NO

That all adds up to a strong possibility that the Bills will LOOSE.

Or lose.

One or the other at least.