We gotta find a way to lose this one boys.

Ramza86

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I might sound a little ignorant, but now that we've drafted our franchise qb(hopefully) I don't find as important to have a top 3 or 5 pick. 

A top 3 pick is an asset that can be used or sold to the highest bidder.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to see us lose out, and I want Allen playing ASAP.

This season was over on Week 1 and all that can be gained here on out is top draft picks.

The sooner this organization gets to the day that they realize "Josh ain't it" the better off we all are.

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This season was over on Week 1 and all that can be gained here on out is top draft picks.

The sooner this organization gets to the day that they realize "Josh ain't it" the better off we all are.

best fans in the world

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Doesn’t prove they got better while sitting. Rodgers improved as he continued starting. Mahomes was raw (  kind of like Allen in that regard) but probably was ready at some point last year after seeing things on film etc. They should have sat Allen for at least half the year, but famously screwed it up. There’s no point in turning back now. Allen isn’t going to improve by watching the worst NFL offense in generations do its thing. 

Well stated. Timing once again doesn’t appear to be on the Bills side. They need offense, and that’s not the strength of this draft. Live reps are critical for Allen if they’re going to show any improvement next season. Find out which players can at least be backups as most of the offensive starters should be replaced. 

But playing on the worst offense will. Those guys sat. You can only guess as to the outcomes if they hadn’t, which you did leave murky. I believe more QBs have been ruined by force feeding than sitting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It doesn't really matter about wanting losses,,because NO ONE in the NFL is trying to lose games on purpose.  Teams may not have the same talent level but those who are playing, and coaching are trying to win.  These guys jobs/careers depend on it.  Losing and non-production gets people fired and/or smaller contracts.  I can guarantee that McDermott is desperate to beat the Jets this weekend as are the coaches for the Raiders, Cardinals, Giants, etc..  

You don't understand what tanking means.

4 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Now is not the time to be winning these kinds of games. 

Peterman all the way. 

What do you mean, "find a way".  That will happen regardless.  If anyone thinks there's another win on that schedule, please send me what you';re on.  I've never seen a more inept offensive line, wide receiver group, and offensive coordinator on all my life.  Such a sad thing to see the defense we have wasted on such a group of Bums, especially Benjamin, he's flat-out garbage, of the sun-baked and hot variety.

Fans want to "shelve" Allen because they're nervous he's gonna look like garbage.

The sooner we find out what we have, the better. Nobody is expecting him to light up the scoreboard with this offensive roster. He should be expected to show growth and competency.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I think Allen should sit the year, it's almost too late for that unless he's really hurt.

For Allen to be shelved permanently without hurting his confidence & ruining him permanently, it would've been better had we not played him at all.

We should've had Anderson in the offseason & hung on to McCarron so we had a reasonable excuse to keep Allen benched. Now it'd look like the team doesn't have faith in him, and after everything else we've done wrong. I don't know anymore honestly, he never seemed like a great pick in the first place. On top of that, our coaching staff has made every bad decision in the "ruin rookie QB forever" playbook, so salvaging this mess is going to be hard to do.

If Allen is ready, I'd say play him, but only if he is ready.  If that means wait until after the bye week, then fine also.

I always thought that a few games off would do him good.  This may be the best case scenario for his development...get him playing a handful of games...so he can see what regular season action is like...then have him take a few games off to digest things.  He should be able to look at the game in a different (better) way from the sidelines these past few weeks because he WAS in there for a few games..rather than having to sit on the sidelines form the beginning.  

So he's had a few weeks off now...where during the week he can study/analyze defenses and game tape...and not spend most of his time learning a specific gameplan or running a scout team.  Is it good he was injured...of course its not good but the time off ma have helped his development.

8 hours ago, vorpma said:

Do you want to keep losing for the next twenty years, build a mediocre almost .500 team that keeps you thinking next year is the year only to finish just under .500, or build a competitive team that wins above .500 with playoffs for the foreseeable future?  Sorry kids, these things don't happen overnight and this team has been poorly run since 2000; takes time and drafting! 

So by losing most of their games they will become a winning organization.... like Cleveland did?

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

So if Allen comes in and plays well, we win 4 or 5 games the rest of the season  and that would be bad?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Shelving Allen will not hurt his development at all.    With no OL and terrible WRs he isn't going to learn anything but bad habits like looking down at the rush and not keeping his eyes downfield.    Or leaving the pocket due to fake pressure.    

shelve him.   Fix the offense and let him learn next year. 

a lot of people have been saying this for a long time

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You don't understand what tanking means.

Actually, I don't think you do, its been one of the most widely misused terms used, especailly in Buffalo the last 5-10 years....

Tanking, in pro sports, is intentionally trying to lose games and not win in order to have the best chance of gaining a better pick in a draft

Its something fans came up with to make themselves feel better about their team being bad because by doing this they will magically be better when they can get that top draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, nucci said:

best fans in the world

When does the best fan ***** ever stop?

What does being the best fan ever get anyone? A write up in a mmqb column, deadspin, grantland, and 30 or 40 seconds on ESPN once every 10 years when your team hosts a game? And when he's on ESPN, everyone at my job looked at him like he's disgusting.

I couldn't think of any less impressive of an accomplishment than saying, I'm the best fan or we're the best fans. Miami and LA fans are regarded as bad, do you think that changes their lives?

Being the best fan makes you look weird to the rest of society. 

• Haha (+1) 1

As for shelving Allen and worrying about his confidence, if that is going to be a problem for him he will never be a franchise starter. All they have to do is walk up to him and say "Hey kid, we really think your our future out there and love your potential, but right now, we don't want to see you get killed out there and think its better if you sit back this season and just watch from the sidelines for the last half of the year. Learn as much as you can being around the team and practice, get advise and work with Anderson, and next year we will get you in to start and show us what you got" Its not like they are just going to walk up to him and say, you looked like garbage out there, and got hurt so we don't want to see you on the field again this year. But even then, if saying something like that will destroy his confidence he would never have made it in the league. The guys that will succeed are ones that if they are told they suck and won't make it, they go back and work 10x's harder to prove those naysayers wrong. They use it to motivate them to get better and prove people wrong.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

When does the best fan ***** ever stop?

What does being the best fan ever get anyone? A write up in a mmqb column, deadspin, grantland, and 30 or 40 seconds on ESPN once every 10 years when your team hosts a game? And when he's on ESPN, everyone at my job looked at him like he's disgusting.

I couldn't think of any less impressive of an accomplishment than saying, I'm the best fan or we're the best fans. Miami and LA fans are regarded as bad, do you think that changes their lives?

Being the best fan makes you look weird to the rest of society. 

Its something that every teams fan believes and says, and is told by their teams, that they are the best fans in the world.

Edited by apuszczalowski