We gotta find a way to lose this one boys.

Ramza86

18 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Start Peterman so he can be a capable backup in the future, or at the least see if he can improve. We aren't making the playoffs so lose out and get the better draft picks. It's a tank season with the dead cap space. Get playing time to younger players to see if they can have a roster spot next year.

He will never be a capable backup. A capable backup has to come in and not throw away the game. A turnover prone guy like him is totally worthless in this league. He is done. When you have no talent, you need to be precise. He is not. He has neither. 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I might sound a little ignorant, but now that we've drafted our franchise qb(hopefully) I don't find as important to have a top 3 or 5 pick. 

It's not ignorant and I agree. But this isn't a great draft this year with just two really elite talents in Oliver and Bosa. I think you want to get into the three to have a shot at one. 

• Like (+1) 1

At this point with the Bills having their QB of the future, I'm not in for the tank. I understood it when they needed their franchise signal caller, but not now. Furthermore, putting them in the top 5 or 10 virtually guarantees a Defensive pick since this Draft is loaded with top tier Defensive talent. Picking outside of the top 10 affords the Bills flexibility to either take an Offensive guy like a C / OT or WR, or better yet to trade down with a team without costing too much since there isn't really any top 3 QBs in the Draft. Of course one will get Drafted because of the need and position, but objectively the BPA is Defensive players for most if not all of the top 10.

Furthermore, Allen needs playing time and learn and grow. However, not to the detriment of his physical well-being. So, if it's even borderline or close to him being healthy to truly play the way he wants / needs to, Allen should sit. But if he's 100% healthy, then he needs to start. Allen gaining experience only bodes well for him next year and all the years that follow. Him sitting and learning has probably been a blessing in disguise, but that's not how he's going to drastically improve from this year to next IMHO. Some QBs just need the mental reps and learn how to QB in the NFL by the maturation process. He needs the experience along with the other components of being NFL Franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I might sound a little ignorant, but now that we've drafted our franchise qb(hopefully) I don't find as important to have a top 3 or 5 pick. 

I agree with you from here out his development is the most important thing.   But can he really develop with a bad oline and no wrs?   All he can do is learn bad habits.    Now if he's watching from the sidelines he can at least see what is going on downfield without taking the hits.  he can be in Daboll's ear and hear his thinking from one play to the next.   Andy Reid didn't play Mahomes until he was ready.   Allen isn't ready.    

This offense isn't capable of winning so to say we're taking is just acknowledging how bad we are as an offense and how far we have to go to get back to being competitive.    A top 5 pick affords us the ability to draft a blue chip prospect or trade back and acquire more picks.   It helps, but not as much as developing Allen and getting him some weapons on offense and some blocking does.   I think the 80 mil in cap space goes further to helping Allen because we can get ready to play guys who do not need to be developed.  Plug and play. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

No. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle the learning curve and adversity, then he won't cut it in the NFL.  I don't believe you get better by sitting and watching for a season. And for all his faults, Allen has led the Bills to two NFL victories.  That's not an easy thing to do for this club.  So play him.

I kind of understand what youre saying.

But Josh just doesnt have the tools around him to succeed. 

Its like trying to learn to play golf without taking lessons. Youre going to learn how to hit the ball...but you are going to learn poor and improper habits. Youll never hit the ball as far or as accurately without the proper technique and instruction. 

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It's not.  Usually the excitement about having a pick like that is to take a QB and were not gonna do that.  And if the Bill's dont trade down I can see them going defense with that pick.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem with purposely playing not to win in order to improve draft position is that drafting by its very nature is still a gamble with no assurances of a payoff, and in the meantime your “culture,” “process” all suffer with deteriorating morale for the ones already here and being pegged to build around. Just win baby! Or at least try your absolute best and make sure your team knows and respects your efforts to win. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I agree with you, but; the Bills could probably get quite a bit in return for a top 3 or even top 5 pick, let alone the #1.  I would like to see them acquire 1st and 2nd round picks for 2 seasons. My thing is that this team needs a complete overhaul under any conditions. There is no offense and key defenders are old.

I was never one to want the Bills to lose. Never, and I have been around for some bad teams. But, Alex Van Pelt was better than Anderson and Peterman. How scary is that?

I hate to say it but in this one instance, losing out might not be the worst thing that could happen to Bills Fans.  :(

44 minutes ago, nucci said:

Here we go.....let's keep losing because that helps...:wallbash:

We have be losing so long that is the only mentality many fans have. I personally would like to see us win again and re learn a winning culture. You are right, losing does not help. 

43 minutes ago, zow2 said:

No. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle the learning curve and adversity, then he won't cut it in the NFL.  I don't believe you get better by sitting and watching for a season. And for all his faults, Allen has led the Bills to two NFL victories.  That's not an easy thing to do for this club.  So play him.

Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have stated recently that I am warming up to the idea of shelving Josh Allen for the rest of the season.  If Derek Anderson is healthy enough he is playing on Sunday.  McD has stated as much.  I am fine with riding out DA and Matt Barkley to finish the season and secure a top 3-5 pick.  I never want to see Peterman under center again though.

You need to adjust your expectations about Bills games.  Think of "Peterman under center" from the comedic aspect...

Its one of those things where I will be watching the game and going for the Bills to win as I find it impossible to go against them.

But once the game is done it will probably be better if the Bills lose. Unless Allen plays and lights it up, then I am all for celebrating the W