We gotta find a way to lose this one boys.

Ramza86

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Now is not the time to be winning these kinds of games. 

Peterman all the way. 

I have stated recently that I am warming up to the idea of shelving Josh Allen for the rest of the season.  If Derek Anderson is healthy enough he is playing on Sunday.  McD has stated as much.  I am fine with riding out DA and Matt Barkley to finish the season and secure a top 3-5 pick.  I never want to see Peterman under center again though.

• Like (+1) 3

Shelving Allen will not hurt his development at all.    With no OL and terrible WRs he isn't going to learn anything but bad habits like looking down at the rush and not keeping his eyes downfield.    Or leaving the pocket due to fake pressure.    

shelve him.   Fix the offense and let him learn next year. 

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have stated recently that I am warming up to the idea of shelving Josh Allen for the rest of the season.  If Derek Anderson is healthy enough he is playing on Sunday.  McD has stated as much.  I am fine with riding out DA and Matt Barkley to finish the season and secure a top 3-5 pick.  I never want to see Peterman under center again though.

Or in a Bills jersey.

Start Peterman so he can be a capable backup in the future, or at the least see if he can improve. We aren't making the playoffs so lose out and get the better draft picks. It's a tank season with the dead cap space. Get playing time to younger players to see if they can have a roster spot next year.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I am more and more in the mode Anderson will not be healthy again until Josh is.. I think he wants no part of playing except in an emergency backup role.

1 minute ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Start Peterman so he can be a capable backup in the future, or at the least see if he can improve. We aren't making the playoffs so lose out and get the better draft picks. It's a tank season with the dead cap space. Get playing time to younger players to see if they can have a roster spot next year.

If Barkley was up to speed with the playbook, and Derek was ready to go for Sunday, I don’t think Peterman would still be on the roster.  We know who he is.  Experiment over....horse beaten post mortem.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The pick we draft will probably bust or the new regime will trade him for a 5th. If you intentionally start Peterman to lose, the locker room is lost and may never recover with this coach. 

You play to win the game. Hello?!?!?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The pick we draft will probably bust or the new regime will trade him for a 5th. If you intentionally start Peterman to lose, the locker room is lost and may never recover with this coach. 

You play to win the game. Hello?!?!?

Yes, because the new regime has drafted so poorly.  ?

12 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Peterman should not be on the roster any longer. He can’t play in the league. Allen needs live reps as soon as he is ready to be put back in the lineup. The offense is putrid and the team will probably lose most games. If Allen makes the difference between winning and losing, then how would he be getting worse as a QB ? 

Edited by Boatdrinks

10 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Do you care if hes a worse QB because of those lumps?

No. If he's not mentally tough enough to handle the learning curve and adversity, then he won't cut it in the NFL.  I don't believe you get better by sitting and watching for a season. And for all his faults, Allen has led the Bills to two NFL victories.  That's not an easy thing to do for this club.  So play him.

• Like (+1) 1