College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

For sure they do , they also have the same team that lost to Syracuse last year which is why I originally said they shouldn’t be taking shots at them until they win

Normally I wouldn't be talking smack. But I think it's great if someone challenges Syracuse for basketball dominance in NYS.  How great would it be for UB and SU to play every year and make it a rivalry game? Of course they'd have to come to the Key Bank Center once in a while. Not exactly a rivalry if we only play in their building.

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Normally I wouldn't be talking smack. But I think it's great if someone challenges Syracuse for basketball dominance in NYS.  How great would it be for UB and SU to play every year and make it a rivalry game? Of course they'd have to come to the Key Bank Center once in a while. Not exactly a rivalry if we only play in their building.

I think it would be awesome for basketball in the state of NY 

but dont get get your hopes up about Boeheim coming to Buffalo for a game... it will NEVER happen while he’s HC

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

but dont get get your hopes up about Boeheim coming to Buffalo for a game... it will NEVER happen while he’s HC

Also UB gets paid a fat check for playing at the Carrier Dome. Not sure they'd give that up easily.  You think SU & UB at the Key Bank Center would sell out? 20K?

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Also UB gets paid a fat check for playing at the Carrier Dome. Not sure they'd give that up easily.  You think SU & UB at the Key Bank Center would sell out? 20K?

If UB came in ranked or with a talented team it certainly could because SU travels!

but in the immortal words of Jim Boeheim “ Maui? Why would I go to Maui when I have Syracuse?”

he would play 35 home games if he could ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Duke is mortal.

The Zags are legit.  I didn't even know when that game was being played and turned on ESPN last night just as they were showing Gonzaga celebrating with the trophy.  I see that Dook was behind by as many as 16 in the 2nd half before storming back and having multiple chances to tie or take the lead.  These teams are both legit final four picks -- I'd be surprised to see either not make it.

At least Dook won't go undefeated now, so I can take some solace in that.  UNC plays Gonzaga on 12/15 so that will be a nice measuring stick to see where the Heels are.  Of course, they'll have played Michigan State or UCLA and Michigan by then, so they might already have a couple of Ls.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Duke is mortal.

I see Grant Hill will be the first HoF inductee from the Coach K era

that’s an indictment on the last three decades of college hoops in many many ways

On 11/20/2018 at 3:01 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

On 11/20/2018 at 3:23 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly.  He won't even play Bona in Rochester, even though that was 75% SU at least. 

9 hours ago, bbb said:

Exactly.  He won't even play Bona in Rochester, even though that was 75% SU at least. 

Would Duke play App State on the road prior to conference play?  Would Texas play Prairie View A&M on the road?  Of course they wouldn’t.  Major college programs don’t play scrap teams on the road out of conference.  Plus, team like Buffalo and Bona get PAID to play in Syracuse.  Boeheim is doing these teams a favor.  Stop the madness.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Would Duke play App State on the road prior to conference play?  Would Texas play Prairie View A&M on the road?  Of course they wouldn’t.  Major college programs don’t play scrap teams on the road out of conference.  Plus, team like Buffalo and Bona get PAID to play in Syracuse.  Boeheim is doing these teams a favor.  Stop the madness.

Syracuse played Bona home and home for years until Boeheim wimped out. 

Just found this on syracuse.com:

46. at St. Bonaventure, 71-59, Dec. 12, 1984

Once upon a time, the rivalry between Syracuse and St. Bonaventure ran as hot as any other. Syracuse’s trips to play at the Reilly Center in Olean were particularly unpleasant. After SU’s win over the Bonnies at the Reilly Center in 1984, Boeheim vowed to never to return to Olean. He’s kept his promise.

Take your comparisons of App State and go pound sand, as you would say. 

Edited by bbb

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

Just found this on syracuse.com:

Once upon a time, the rivalry between Syracuse and St. Bonaventure ran as hot as any other. Syracuse’s trips to play at the Reilly Center in Olean were particularly unpleasant. After SU’s win over the Bonnies at the Reilly Center in 1984, Boeheim vowed to never to return to Olean. He’s kept his promise.

Prior to last season’s anomaly, the last time Bona beat Syracuse was in January 1981.  I was 1.  I’m turning 40 in February.  Take your competitive match-up nonsense and go kick rocks ?

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

I wouldn’t take it personal. What happened in the 80s doesn’t happen in college ball anymore 

hammer isn’t trying to be a dick. College Powers don’t go on the road in non conference to mid majors

Bonnie’s , UB have built really good programs as mid majors but they are still mid majors

UB wouldn’t have the same success in the ACC. Though they’d still win games 

13 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Prior to last season’s anomaly, the last time Bona beat Syracuse was in January 1981.  I was 1.  I’m turning 40 in February.  Take your competitive match-up nonsense and go kick rocks ?

What are you talking about?