College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

On 11/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Trust me, Beilein would love to land those 5* recruits consistently.  He can’t.  It’s not a choice.  Very few coaches/teams can pull that off.  I have always admired John as a coach, however, as his teams always seem to be very tough...mentally and physically.

And boy were they ever so tough tonight!

Going on the road in a hostile environment and taking Villanova to the woodshed, 73-46. :o

The Wolverines dominated in the paint and were masterful on defense. What a turnaround after a sluggish performance against Holy Cross.

This was a huge confidence booster for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Going on the road in a hostile environment and taking Villanova to the woodshed, 73-46. :o

The Wolverines dominated in the paint and were masterful on defense. What a turnaround after a sluggish performance against Holy Cross.

I tuned in at halftime....I couldn't believe the score, 44-17!!  WHA????  I kept waiting for Nova to make a run in the second half.  Nope...the dominance was complete.  Certainly surprised me.

• Like (+1) 1

Yup, UM-Nova was one of those early season eye-openers.

My Heels have to play at Michigan on 11/28 in the ACC/B1G Challenge -- that is going to be a tough one and should be a great ballgame.

Edit:  and I just checked UNC's overall schedule -- holy cow.  Nobody can say Roy only schedules cupcakes.  Over the next month and a half (before the league season starts) they will play Texas, Michigan State or UCLA, Michigan, Gonzaga, and Kentucky.  Their "breaks" come against Davidson and Harvard.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Good win for Michigan last night, Villanova is a bit overrated this year though at least early in the season.  Jay Wright doesn't have the back court & experience has had enjoyed the last several years with Brunson & Bridges leaving last year.  That is about 40 points of offense from your back court that they are missing this year.  

6 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

I tuned in at halftime....I couldn't believe the score, 44-17!!  WHA????  I kept waiting for Nova to make a run in the second half.  Nope...the dominance was complete.  Certainly surprised me.

Too bad you missed the first half. Charles Matthews had a helluva game. I couldn't believe how many points in the paint they had.

Especially with Beilein's approach of having a big perimeter game with a lot of 3 point shooting. Like I said earlier, Michigan's defense was dominant last night. I know this is not the same Villanova team that won it all last season, but this was a big win for the Wolverines.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Too bad you missed the first half. Charles Matthews had a helluva game. I couldn't believe how many points in the paint they had.

Especially with Beilein's approach of having a big perimeter game with a lot of 3 point shooting. Like I said earlier, Michigan's defense was dominant last night. I know this is not the same Villanova team that won it all last season, but this was a big win for the Wolverines.

I discovered I DRV'ed it...so I'll watch the 1st half!   21 turnovers by Villanova is a testament to that D!  In all fairness, it's also not the same Michigan team.  I wonder how much they will jump from #18?

5 hours ago, Gordio said:

Good win for Michigan last night, Villanova is a bit overrated this year though at least early in the season.  Jay Wright doesn't have the back court & experience has had enjoyed the last several years with Brunson & Bridges leaving last year.  That is about 40 points of offense from your back court that they are missing this year.  

Not to mention what that bastard DiVencenzo did in that championship game....grumble, grumble....31 freakin points.

Michigan goes to 5-0 after winning the Naismith Memorial Tournament in Connecticut.

Beating George Washington & Providence is not the same as beating Kansas & Duke, but once again they won in dominant fashion. The Wolverines defense is just shutting down their opponents.

Chattanooga is next followed by the big one against North Carolina.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Michigan goes to 5-0 after winning the Naismith Memorial Tournament in Connecticut.

Beating George Washington & Providence is not the same as beating Kansas & Duke, but once again they won in dominant fashion. The Wolverines defense is just shutting down their opponents.

Chattanooga is next followed by the big one against North Carolina.

any decent respectable top conference team has risked at least 2 games against a Duke or Kansas by now....

54 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Villanova.....Check.

North Carolina.....Upcoming.

they will do fine, it's the mid-majors that play nobody and get the higher March seeds at the expense of real teams that play each other in pre-conference tournaments and daredevil exhibition games

wish we could force all top football teams to have to play "anybody decent" early on

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB22poll.jpg

I don’t think UB should be taking shots at SU and Boeheim ...

thats 1000 wins , Big east Champions, National Champions, coming off a sweet 16... 

and UB has never beaten SU in Syracuse 

They also are playing without their starting PG... they should probably troll Miami OH 

not a traditional power that is trying to find its way rn ... UB would kill to recruit the kids Boeheim lands, I wouldn’t be giving them bulletin board material 

Edited by Buffalo716

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t think UB should be taking shots at SU and Boeheim ...

thats 1000 wins , Big east Champions, National Champions, coming off a sweet 16... 

and UB has never beaten SU in Syracuse 

They also are playing without their starting PG... they should probably troll Miami OH 

not a traditional power that is trying to find its way rn ... UB would kill to recruit the kids Boeheim lands, I wouldn’t be giving them bulletin board material 

Oh, can't we have a little gloat? How often does this happen?

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oh, can't we have a little gloat? How often does this happen?

I fully agree ?. Every moment should be soaked in and they absolutely can make a run in March

i just think you gotta know when to take your shot... if they pulled out of the carrier dome with a W and did this , it would have more weight

than if they lost in a few weeks... SU has a good team that is struggling... but they have the whole sweet 16 squad back 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, Nervous Guy said:

I discovered I DRV'ed it...so I'll watch the 1st half!   21 turnovers by Villanova is a testament to that D!  In all fairness, it's also not the same Michigan team.  I wonder how much they will jump from #18?

Not to mention what that bastard DiVencenzo did in that championship game....grumble, grumble....31 freakin points.

Villanova loss to Furman last week.  Like I said, good defense or not, Wright's team is not nearly as stacked as it has been the past 4-5 years.  A biiger test for UM will be when the heels come rolling into town.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I fully agree ?. Every moment should be soaked in and they absolutely can make a run in March

i just think you gotta know when to take your shot... if they pulled out of the carrier dome with a W and did this , it would have more weight

than if they lost in a few weeks... SU has a good team that is struggling... but they have the whole sweet 16 squad back 

And UB has basically the team that throttled Arizona in the tourney last year, and has one of the best wins of this young season.  I can't wait for that UB/Cuse game.

2 hours ago, eball said:

And UB has basically the team that throttled Arizona in the tourney last year, and has one of the best wins of this young season.  I can't wait for that UB/Cuse game.

For sure they do , they also have the same team that lost to Syracuse last year which is why I originally said they shouldn’t be taking shots at them until they win