College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like that no-flop call on the Zion foul in the last 2 min?  Or the clear shot clock violation they didn't take away 2 points on?  K did't make a peep over those 2 whoppers.

The refs ALMOST decided the game.   Either way, incredible game.

Coach K no longer has to speak (though he does ALL THE TIME), he’s been doing it for several decades. He can just look. He get’s call. If you don’t believe it, I can’t help you. Right or wrong, he’s got the rep that refs don’t want to mess with. 

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I agree it was a good game. Lot of tournament left and no team looks unbeatable. Should be exciting.

Duke looks tough to beat.  UCF was on fire.

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Coach K no longer has to speak (though he does ALL THE TIME), he’s been doing it for several decades. He can just look. He get’s call. If you don’t believe it, I can’t help you. Right or wrong, he’s got the rep that refs don’t want to mess with. 

I guess he forgot to do "the look" before those 2 bad calls that could have lost them the game.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Duke looks tough to beat.  UCF was on fire.

I guess he forgot to do "the look" before those 2 bad calls that could have lost them the game.

It’s not universal, but it’s clear high way the table slants. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

It’s not universal, but it’s clear high way the table slants. 

Great teams and players sometimes get more breaks and  close calls go their way, you say?

Let me write this down.....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Great teams and players sometimes get more breaks and  close calls go their way, you say?

Let me write this down.....

Yes, as my son says, basketball is a flawed sport. It’s true, it’s the most difficult to referee. But if you admit it’s poorly handled, that seems to mean you agree. Well officiated sports don’t lean to any team. Period. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, as my son says, basketball is a flawed sport. It’s true, it’s the most difficult to referee. But if you admit it’s poorly handled, that seems to mean you agree. Well officiated sports don’t lean to any team. Period. 

I agree, the most difficult to ref but the easiest to influence. Tim Donaghy found it pretty easy anyway.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Which sports are those?

Anyone who watched that incredibly exciting game and concludes the the refs handed the game to Duke should, for their own sanity, stop watching sports.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Which sports are those?

Anyone who watched that incredibly exciting game and concludes the the refs handed the game to Duke should, for their own sanity, stop watching sports.

Who fouled Zion on that last bucket ? 

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I agree, the most difficult to ref but the easiest to influence. Tim Donaghy found it pretty easy anyway.

Yes, he did. He had a very nice house in FL, full of kids toys out front. Drove past it many times before it came out, but hurt my soul every time after it hit the fan. Life can do that.....

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

That was the giant standing there with his arms straight up in the air who got run into. Too deep for a charge, but it was CERTAINLY not a block. 

I’m not a conspiracy guy, but refs lean toward their preconceived notions. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Every sport does.

you are telling me hockey or baseball or football fans don’t whine the whole time about the refs?

Edited by row_33

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Which sports are those?

yep....UCF had not one but two chances to win the game at the buzzer, either one goes in it's game over.  They made a hell of a run in the last 7 minutes, hats off to them.

10 hours ago, Turk71 said:

The 2 on 1 break when UCF were up by 4 they went for an ally oop instead of the easy bucket. Such a dumb move.

This is what decided the game, not the refs.

Oh yeah....GO BLUE!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

It was Falls's 7th foul

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, he did. He had a very nice house in FL, full of kids toys out front. Drove past it many times before it came out, but hurt my soul every time after it hit the fan. Life can do that.....

That was the giant standing there with his arms straight up in the air who got run into. Too deep for a charge, but it was CERTAINLY not a block. 

I’m not a conspiracy guy, but refs lean toward their preconceived notions. 

The refs kept that clod in the game far longer than he should have been.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Every sport does.

you are telling me hockey or baseball or football fans don’t whine the whole time about the refs?

I’m saying basketball, largely but not entirely due to the difficult block/charge call, is the worst. Not the ONLY, but the worst. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was Falls's 7th foul

The refs kept that clod in the game far longer than he should have been.

That wasn’t a 7th foul, because it was a charge by Zion, and I like Zion.