College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

Its over so quick.  Before you know it, its at 16.

I wish they would somehow devise a way to better wire-in the conference tournaments, so march madness could really start with everyone and 2 weeks ago.  The conference tournament brackets could feed directly into the NCAA tournament brackets somehow, and spots are there, pre-determined for at-large teams, who get put into a pool and start to be evaluated and ranked right when the lose in their tournament. Like a running ranking to enter into corresponding seeds in the tournament

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I believe he only played on Zion’s AAU team for 1 year 

Yep. Morant is likely just a late bloomer, those guys are all over college b-ball and Recruiting rankings are much less conclusive on next level success or pro-worthiness than the football rankings. You also have much smaller rosters, so there is a bigger chance you will find nba talent at a small school in b-ball because there are only so many spots at the big programs 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 3/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, eball said:

The key to beating Dook isn't stopping Zion...it's stopping Barrett, or at least making him take an inordinate amount of shots to get his points.  Make no mistake, they are the prohibitive favorite to win this thing for good reason, but they are not unbeatable.

If your name is Gonzaga or UNC.   

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. Morant is likely just a late bloomer, those guys are all over college b-ball and Recruiting rankings are much less conclusive on next level success or pro-worthiness than the football rankings. You also have much smaller rosters, so there is a bigger chance you will find nba talent at a small school in b-ball because there are only so many spots at the big programs 

Actually basketball rankings are much more precise than football now

in college football most draft picks every year are 3* and 4* guys. With a handful of 5* guys thrown in. Tons of late bloomers 

In college basketball most of the draft picks are 5* guys and 4* guys. A 5* ranking is almost a guaranteed draft pick.. not in football

a late bloomer like Morant to go from unranked to lottery pick is almost unheard of now. With AAU ball and all the Nike elite camps, high caliber basketball players hardly slip through recruiting cracks now

mid majors can land high profile guys but they usually have 3-4* next to their name still

its an anomaly 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If anyone is watching the VA. Tech game, I swear the refs called a charge on the St. Louis player driving to the basket AND a block on the guy who drew the charge. WTF?!

I’m Watching the stupid Ohio state game because I enjoy misery