College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Terrible draw for UB to have to go out to Tulsa, plus they should be higher than a 6 seed imo

Hopefully they earn some love! 

Unfortunately......is it too soon to start a poll guessing who will come along to poach the HC? I’ve been through this far too many times. It’s not like the NFL where everybody is highly paid, to some degree. The big schools can easily double the pay of even medium, historically top 25  schools. You need one good hire after another, and a bad.....

Never mind! Rejoice if you are in! 

(FWIW - I’m a big believer in Travis Steele at Xavier, just got left with an empty bench by his former boss.) 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Hopefully they earn some love! 

Unfortunately......is it too soon to start a poll guessing who will come along to poach the HC? I’ve been through this far too many times. It’s not like the NFL where everybody is highly paid, to some degree. The big schools can easily double the pay of even medium, historically top 25  schools. You need one good hire after another, and a bad.....

Never mind! Rejoice if you are in! 

I think Oats just signed a big extension with UB last week... so ok for now 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Oats just signed a big extension with UB last week... so ok for now 

Yeah, I’ve been there before. What could say, Ohio State or Louisville, or maybe Arizona offer? Unless the buyout is half the National debt, nothing is safe. (And Arizona may actually have an opening. I did not pick those schools randomly.) 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Yeah, I’ve been there before. What could say, Ohio State or Louisville, or maybe Arizona offer? Unless the buyout is half the National debt, nothing is safe. (And Arizona may actually have an opening. I did not pick those schools randomly.) 

Yeah I think Sean Miller is Toast 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Pac 12 is garbage. This only solidifies them getting two bids. Nothing more. 

This solidifies the fact that the Ducks are in, nothing more. I don't root for conferences. I met my wife 22 years ago at the U of O where she ran track as an undergrad and I went to grad school. We still live there and see a lot of games.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Very disappointing conference the last few seasons

Oregon was in the Final Four two years ago and out of 4 PAC teams that year 3 made it to the Sweet Sixteen. Not a disappointing year at all. Last year and this year were rough though.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lovin the bracket Syracuse is in.

Weakest #1 seed and only ONE ACC team in the entire bracket.

The tourney is when Syracuse seems to pick things up. Should be fun.

Recently I feel like that's been the case. But in their history they have plenty of choke jobs 04-08 was a rough patch.

I think was Akron that beat them recently. Vermont either has their only tournament win or the first one in forever against them. Maybe I just remember the ones that hurt more. But 2012 and forward has had mostly good runs.

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

This solidifies the fact that the Ducks are in, nothing more. I don't root for conferences. I met my wife 22 years ago at the U of O where she ran track as an undergrad and I went to grad school. We still live there and see a lot of games.

I get that. Been a UCLA fan my whole life (although that's waned over the past few years due to poor coaching and seemingly no direction of the program). Not necessarily a fan of the Pac12. Oregon went 0-2 against a VERY poor UCLA team, blew both games. The Pac 12 and most of it's teams wouldn't be top tier in the MAC. It's a sad state of affairs here out west. Pac 12 football and basketball have been down for a few years.  

18 hours ago, eball said:

I think Kentucky's loss put the Heels back on the #1 line.  ACC should get three #1 seeds.

Glad the committee got this one right.  I know I'm biased, but there's a really decent chance we'll see Carolina-Dook IV in the final.  Which I would hate, by the way -- it would either be the greatest victory or most painful defeat of all time...

On 3/18/2019 at 6:02 AM, eball said:

Glad the committee got this one right.  I know I'm biased, but there's a really decent chance we'll see Carolina-Dook IV in the final.  Which I would hate, by the way -- it would either be the greatest victory or most painful defeat of all time...

I just finished my bracket and picked UNC to win it all. I have them playing Gonzaga though. 

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nobody watching FDU/Prarie View? Good game.

I'm picking Belmont over Temple.

If you’ve never been to Nashville and seen Belmont, you probably don’t realize what an awesome school it is. Everyone knows Vandy, but Belmont and Lipscomb are great too. What a great town, I hope it survives all the growth. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If you’ve never been to Nashville and seen Belmont, you probably don’t realize what an awesome school it is. Everyone knows Vandy, but Belmont and Lipscomb are great too. What a great town, I hope it survives all the growth. 

Fun story, I work with Nick Musczynski’s dad (the freshman for Belmont (33) who is like the big white fundamental lol). He’s a super smart kid, like off the charts intelligent. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I spent a week hanging out at Vanderbilt in the spring '94. What a fun week, nice campus and beautiful girls sunbathing everywhere. Didn't know about Belmont and Lipscomb but had a great time in Nashville.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nobody watching FDU/Prarie View? Good game.

I'm picking Belmont over Temple.

I watched most of FDU/Prairie View and a good bit of Belmont/Temple.  FDU made a great comeback but I doubt they'll give Gonzaga much of a game.

Nice to see both FDU and Belmont get their first ever NCAA tourney wins.  Belmont is a sneaky upset pick on Thursday.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Got my masters at Belmont. It’s got a nicer campus than Vandy. Happy the Bruins won! 

The town grew wayyy too fast too soon. I left in 2015 and the traffic was absolutely horrendous.