College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

I was surprised that on each of several trips to see the Duke campus, Cameron Indoor is wide open to the public. It’s pretty cool to walk out on that floor, knowing all that’s happened there and the players it’s seen. A couple times we were the only people in the place. My kids loved it, so just FYI in case that’s your thing and you have a chance. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, eball said:

Ok, guys and gals, the latest installment of the best rivalry in college BB tips off Wednesday night.  Who ya like?

My kids were Tarheel fans thru and thru after multiple years of attending their camps and actually playing with some of their guys once. It is known around our house that “Duke is Puke.” Having said that, my BIL kind of sold me on Zion, so for just this year I’ll watch as I don’t think he’s learned to be so annoyingly arrogant yet. 

I have to take Duke tonight, but that 9 points is a lot, even at home. UNC isn’t junk, by any means. 

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Not a good start after all the waiting 

these days, do they tell you to take off your shoe when you sprain your ankle?  I remember making sure it was kept on to reduce swelling.

Is that what happened to Zion? I stayed tuned to watch Xavier (barely) beat Seton Hall, and as soon as I flipped to Duke/UNC they said he left 33 seconds in, which I missed. Generally you want to keep compression on that. My wife is sill hobbling around after breaking her ankle. The compression is a big deal! 

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is that what happened to Zion? I stayed tuned to watch Xavier (barely) beat Seton Hall, and as soon as I flipped to Duke/UNC they said he left 33 seconds in, which I missed. Generally you want to keep compression on that. My wife is sill hobbling around after breaking her ankle. The compression is a big deal! 

I took a high sprain with a slight fracture a few weeks ago, aircast for six weeks... the sprain will be more grief...

Zion went over on it the first possession, and then tore his shoe off, I guess it matters less with low cut shoes? I always kept my high tops on for awhile.... haven’t heard an update for him 

i was in in dress shoes for my last situation...

Looks like the former President is right behind the Duke bench, sound is down for this game...

For another first aid thing, in the old days when a football player went down a teammate or coach would immediately tear loose his chin strap, not any more

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t think Coach K can whine his way back into this one. 

Another example of Coach K's "greatness" -- sure, it sucked to lose Zion, but no adjustments, no answers, and no bench.  He's just a motivational speaker now.  For everyone "blaming" the loss on losing Williamson, consider Dook was still playing with two lottery picks.

I love the way Carolina plays.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Another example of Coach K's "greatness" -- sure, it sucked to lose Zion, but no adjustments, no answers, and no bench.  He's just a motivational speaker now.  For everyone "blaming" the loss on losing Williamson, consider Dook was still playing with two lottery picks.

I love the way Carolina plays.

Hard to tell with him.

Most greats do little during the game, Wooden and  Dean Smith just sat there and watched and lost games they never should have.

Bob Knight was an in-game genius and stole important games.

7 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Bad look for Nike. 

It is a rare time when one goes over on the instep, it’s almost always an out turn 

I've heard shoes falling apart is more common for certain brands