College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeesh! They lost by nearly 30 to the Lobos.

Florida State lost to Virginia and fell by the same amount of spots in the rankings. That's wrong.

the rankings are so incorrect, and it's what they use for top seedings in March  :(

the best big conference play each other in the early months, thank goodness!! and pile up a few losses and they murder them for it

Edited by row_33

23 hours ago, row_33 said:

the rankings are so incorrect, and it's what they use for top seedings in March  :(

the best big conference play each other in the early months, thank goodness!! and pile up a few losses and they murder them for it

I don't expect Nevada to lose many more games.  They ran into a buzz saw Saturday at the Pit.  I think they play at Fresno St tonight but I could be wrong.  that will be another tough game.  Nevada is not getting anything higher than a 3 seed though, unless they run the table.  With that being said, they are a senior laden team that plays good team ball & has a very good coach.  They are going to be a tough out come March.   

On 12/23/2018 at 11:49 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What happened to UNC??  I had them penciled into my final 4!  Didn’t Kentucky just lose to Seton Hall at home last week?  Man...bad loss for UNC at home.  Bummer.

Game was in Chicago.  Typical early season stuff for Roy's teams.  They have to learn to play defense by February.

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Not an optimal start for NCST

Or finish!  Good win for the Heels, although they were much too sloppy in the first half or they could have been up 20 at the break.  I hope people realize State was actually favored in this game!  That's 29-4 for Roy vs. the Pack since he returned to Carolina.

6 hours ago, eball said:

Or finish!  Good win for the Heels, although they were much too sloppy in the first half or they could have been up 20 at the break.  I hope people realize State was actually favored in this game!  That's 29-4 for Roy vs. the Pack since he returned to Carolina.

Good win for the heels, although State is a bit overrated this year.  They have a good record & some decent wins but they haven't played nearly as hard of a schedule as UNC has played to date(I actually don't think any team in the country has played a tougher schedule).  My son is a big UNC fan, I fell asleep at halftime, he said this morning the Heels hung tough & played well.  

• 1 month later...

Wow, no posts here in over a month!  I wondered where this thread had gotten to...

Big one in the ACC tonight -- Virginia at Carolina.  I don't have a good feeling about it as a Tar Heel fan, but at least it's at home.

22 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, no posts here in over a month!  I wondered where this thread had gotten to...

Big one in the ACC tonight -- Virginia at Carolina.  I don't have a good feeling about it as a Tar Heel fan, but at least it's at home.

Key to beating UVA is the long ball.  Good luck.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, eball said:

As a Xavier fan, I’m curled up in the fetal position hoping next year could somehow come sooner. Chris Mack left for Louisville just in time, because he left the cupboard (and the bench) bare for his replacement. Getting big minutes out of 3 grad transfers we had to scramble to bring in, and only one belongs on the floor. The next class looks very good, but they will be fresh added to our young core. I don’t remember a time when I hoped to be .500 or better. Tough times. 

I’ll be back into the game as things advance, but right now it feels like......being a Bills fan! 

That was a strange game.  Really liked how UNC fought but after White's miraculous 3-pointer was overturned (the correct call) Virginia just closed them out.  I don't think the Hoos will flame out in the tourney this year.

1 hour ago, eball said:

That was a strange game.  Really liked how UNC fought but after White's miraculous 3-pointer was overturned (the correct call) Virginia just closed them out.  I don't think the Hoos will flame out in the tourney this year.

If they take on a team that runs them off the floor it could happen again.

you never know with those unknown teams, saw lots of them in the second round of tourney games I attended for a good stretch in the 00s

The Demons of Northwestern St (La) was a memorable one 

Edited by row_33

My BIL’s kids went to school with Zion Williamson thru last year. The first prom party he went to last year got sketchy so his parents came over and checked on the environment when he switched to the BIL’s pool party on prom night. I’d been hearing how great he was and what a good family it was for years. I must say, I thought there might be at least a little hyperbole there. I was wrong. 

The small private school was smart and made you buy season tickets to get in while Zion was on the team. School families had the best chance to get into the gym. Demand was high! 

Louisville was up 23 with less than 10 minutes left against Duke and had a 99.7% probability of winning.....and found a way to lose. AMAZING comeback/collapse. 

Edited by Augie

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:11 AM, row_33 said:

If they take on a team that runs them off the floor it could happen again.

you never know with those unknown teams, saw lots of them in the second round of tourney games I attended for a good stretch in the 00s

The Demons of Northwestern St (La) was a memorable one 

The Hoos are not going to be run out of the gym by anybody this year.  Mark my words.  They stood toe to toe 2 games in a row with the most talented team in the country & 2 days later beat a ever so slightly less talented team on their own floor.  My guess is Coach K doesn't want to run into the Cavs for a third time but if they do my money on Virginia.  I read an article Monday that said there was noway Virginia with the game plan they had & the amount of turnovers they created should of loss to Duke Saturday.  Duke shot out of their minds.  The article Virginia the way they played Saturday would of beat anybody in the country, except of course Duke when they shoot 60% from the 3 land.  

Edited by Gordio

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

————-

LSU wins at Kentucky

last second offensive tip for the win was clearly offensive goaltending but they can only review the clock and the shot was called good

I watched the whole game last nite.. how was that goaltending ?? The LSU player didn’t touch the ball till it was off the rim right? 

That negates The goaltending I thought?