College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

On 11/30/2018 at 4:47 PM, row_33 said:

Big Ten started the conference season today....

And Michigan goes to 8-0 after beating Purdue.

I'm really stunned at how they look right now. They can play with anybody.

It's still very early though, but I love what I have seen. GO BLUE!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Michigan escaped last night in Evanston, 62-60.

Northwestern always gives the Wolverines fits, especially when the Wildcats are the home team.

Brazdeikis stepped up and had a big game, and the Wolverines are 8-0 heading back to non-conference play.

Michigan had their hands full again, this time with South Carolina, but they got the win, 89-78.

The Wolverines offense was the story today instead of their defense. They have been shooting more and more 3 pointers and are looking a lot like the type of offense that John Beilein uses.

This was the start of a 6 game home stand for Michigan.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Michigan had their hands full again, this time with South Carolina, but they got the win, 89-78.

The Wolverines offense was the story today instead of their defense. They have been shooting more and more 3 pointers and are looking a lot like the type of offense that John Beilein uses.

This was the start of a 6 game home stand for Michigan.

Too many turnovers.  They were kind of sloppy and made SC look sort of good...were they playing to the level of their competition?  Not sure I trust anyone but Simpson at point.

20 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Very happy for Seton Hall right now.  They just had a nice upset win over Kentucky in overtime! 

Wow!  And UK shouldn’t have even made it to overtime, really.  That shot to beat the buzzer was ridiculous.  How does Kentucky get beat by Seton Hall...at home?!  Love college basketball!!

5 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Too many turnovers.  They were kind of sloppy and made SC look sort of good...were they playing to the level of their competition?  Not sure I trust anyone but Simpson at point.

Yeah, they were a bit sloppy, and they are a better team when Simpson is out there.

I do believe that they will get stronger as the season goes on, and they can be better whenever Simpson is on the bench. It would be great if Eli Brooks can be just as good.

I am most impressed with how Jon Teske has stepped up.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s the first day off of two weeks, lots of college hoops to veg and unwind and gear up for family visits

quintuple header today on the Big Ten Network to ease the pain 

last night—-  no Bulls on TV, but Oakland’s power forward Xavier Hill-Mais put on a one-man show at East Lansing to give Sparty some fits, he should make some $$$ somewhere after this gig ends

WOW! Boston College just beats DePaul thanks to a knee jerk whistle. BC stole the ball (sloppy pass) and was going in for a dunk to take their first lead of the game. An amazing block from behind got the whistle, but I really don’t think he ever even TOUCHED the shooter. What a great play, and then.....the refs. Made the FT’s won, the game. They showed it several times, and even the commentators were all “no foul there”.

To make it worse? They went to the replay to see if it was a flagrant (it happened pretty fast), then had to realize there was no contact at all. BUT - they had already blown the whistle. 

Basketball seems to be the most difficult sport to ref. It can suck at times. 

• 2 weeks later...

————

home Terps best ranked Nebraska in the last seconds.  Big man Fernando could have gone pro, not quite at the level DeAndre Ayton showed last season.

Edited by row_33

After victories over Western Michigan, Air Force, Binghamton & Penn State...Michigan went to 15-0 on the season after beating Indiana yesterday.

I'm still a bit surprised that the Wolverines are ranked #2 in the nation, they have played some sloppy ball at times on offense, it's just that they play so good on defense and they have beaten a lot of lesser teams lately.

That being said, they have beaten every ranked opponent they have faced convincingly, and their teamwork is at such a high level. John Beilein has this team prepared and focused.

They will have more big games in the future with Wisconsin, Iowa & Ohio State, but in a strange scheduling quirk they do not face Michigan State until the end of February.

51 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

After victories over Western Michigan, Air Force, Binghamton & Penn State...Michigan went to 15-0 on the season after beating Indiana yesterday.

I'm still a bit surprised that the Wolverines are ranked #2 in the nation, they have played some sloppy ball at times on offense, it's just that they play so good on defense and they have beaten a lot of lesser teams lately.

That being said, they have beaten every ranked opponent they have faced convincingly, and their teamwork is at such a high level. John Beilein has this team prepared and focused.

They will have more big games in the future with Wisconsin, Iowa & Ohio State, but in a strange scheduling quirk they do not face Michigan State until the end of February.

undefeated goes to the top of the rankings, no matter what

no problem with Michigan because they'll have to play some real teams before March

as for Nevada and Gonzaga and Houston, they'll play nobody till then and get #1 or #2 rankings in the draw...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

undefeated goes to the top of the rankings, no matter what

no problem with Michigan because they'll have to play some real teams before March

as for Nevada and Gonzaga and Houston, they'll play nobody till then and get #1 or #2 rankings in the draw...

Nevada got a reality check when they got beaten up by New Mexico.

Despite that, I highly doubt the NCAA would give them a #1 or #2, no matter how good they finish.

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Nevada got a reality check when they got beaten up by New Mexico.

Despite that, I highly doubt the NCAA would give them a #1 or #2, no matter how good they finish.

they still left Nevada up there at number 10, a total joke ...  :(

they give high seeds to mid-major nobodies every year

31 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they still left Nevada up there at number 10, a total joke ...  :(

they give high seeds to mid-major nobodies every year

Yeesh! They lost by nearly 30 to the Lobos.

Florida State lost to Virginia and fell by the same amount of spots in the rankings. That's wrong.