Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yea, I take anything he says with a grain of salt. 

Like I said, it could be true or it could be complete non sense. Dittulio isn't a drama queen sports guy though. It's not like he's trying to get a job at ESPN. I believe that he probably did hear it from a reliable source, but still doesn't make it true necessarily 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

Yes please.

And I don't buy that it is extremely rare in the NFL. There are plenty of owners who have thin skin and get easily offended and I bet journalists get black balled all the time.

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Like I said, it could be true or it could be complete non sense. Dittulio isn't a drama queen sports guy though. It's not like he's trying to get a job at ESPN. I believe that he probably did hear it from a reliable source, but still doesn't make it true necessarily 

No it is interesting, thanks for sharing. And I don't mean that sarcastically at all.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I never found Bucly or Sulky to be very good at covering Buffalo sports teams.  The easiest thing to do is criticize, which they did in spades.  The hardest thing to do is get breaking news and meaningful insights, which they almost never did.   Time and time again the biggest Bills news would come from National media outlets and these two clowns played catch-up. 

Just because you are THE MEDIA doesn’t mean you don’t have to be good at your job.  Good riddance.  I don’t miss them and I avoid their second rate outlet.  

...and how much of their criticism was wrong over the years? Years of futility fueled their criticism.

If anything they've been advocates for the organization provide their fans with a better product.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes please.

And I don't buy that it is extremely rare in the NFL. There are plenty of owners who have thin skin and get easily offended and I bet journalists get black balled all the time.

It doesn't happen all the time because it's an awful look. 

The Marlins did this to a guy who had press credentials for I believe over a decade. I don't even like baseball, but heard about it because it made national news. It was on deadspin.com, the NY post, ESPN radio. 

https://deadspin.com/petty-ass-derek-jeter-yanks-credentials-from-radio-host-1826168084.

It probably speaks more to irreverence of these two than it being a common thing. They don't really have anyone backing them.

Btw, that story ended with that reporter being granted credentials again.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

Hey, i'm Terry Pegula's son. I am entitled to one sixth of his holdings...... where's the facts to back this up?  They don't matter.  Just take ME at my word.  

This is what Bucky is doing.  Much like most B-Lo news reporters, making statements with no facts to back them up, if only opinions or hot takes.

People got tired of the coloumnists pretending to be hosts of Pardon The Interuption on daily Bills  and Sabres articles. No in depth investigation, ONLY their opinions- which were a broken record. And it got old.  And they got run out. And now they're bitter. 

Where's the facts on Bucky's claim?  Sounds like sour grapes..... until there's evidence. 

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Hey, i'm Terry Pegula's son. I am entitled to one sixth of his holdings...... where's the facts to back this up?  They don't matter.  Just take ME at my word.  

This is what Bucky is doing.  Much like most B-Lo news reporters, making statements with no facts to back them up, if only opinions or hot takes.

People got tired of the coloumnists pretending to be hosts of Pardon The Interuption on daily Bills  and Sabres articles. No in depth investigation, ONLY their opinions- which were a broken record. And it got old.  And they got run out. And now they're bitter. 

Where's the facts on Bucky's claim?  Sounds like sour grapes..... until there's evidence. 

Hey son, can you ask your dad to let the dog pick the next coach? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, vincec said:

I’ve actually heard Murphy cut off Steve Tasker when he was criticizing the team. I think it was after the week two loss.

I say censoring the press is good if they have views that I disagree with.

WTF??  lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsguy said:

I totally agree. What the !@#$ is wrong with these knuckledraggers who are against free speech and freedom of the press?

Are you kidding me? What the hell is wrong with a dissenting point of view? This is America you a$$holes. 

I am really worried for this country if we believe it is alright to attack the free press and complain about freedom of speech. The Pegulas should be ashamed of themselves! What an un-American disgraceful act of cowardice. What a bunch of pussies who are afraid to hear criticism. You may disagree with Sullivan and Gleason, but it is an American right to be able to express their opinions without being blackballed by some arrogant thin skinned billionaire.

God save America from these morons.

While I agree with some of what you're saying. About how people react to criticism.

This isn't a first amendment issue at all. Two guys not being granted access to your football team has nothing to do with the state of the country, and certainly isn't ruining it.

Get a grip. I criticize the Pegulas and think it's a bit of a bush league move. You are taking this to a crazy place.

Anyways, what's your opinion on Kaepernick not being in the league, just curious.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Can you recommend one that explains why anyone claiming to be press has an absolute right to have any question answered by whomever they demand it from?

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Him telling anyone to crack open a history book is incredible.

He lacks perspective, or even really an understanding of what he's talking about.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

6 hours ago, racecitybills said:

Good for the Pegulas.  Those two clowns have blamed everything but cholera on the Bills organization.

Go Pound Sand.

You deserve nothing.

They blamed the Bills for sucking for a long time. Because the Bills sucked for a long time.

Overall I like the Pegulas. But if true, this is juvenile.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

...and how much of their criticism was wrong over the years? Years of futility fueled their criticism.

If anything they've been advocates for the organization provide their fans with a better product.

Well since their performance was so stellar, and they are so widely respected in their field, I am sure they will have no trouble finding big jobs working for major news outlets or sports networks.

Yet, for some reason, they are doing what ... an AM radio gig in Buffalo and posting their drivel on third rate internet sites.   

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think its crappy, the Pegulas have thin skin, and as owners, deserve to have poop thrown their way.

People complain about john Murphy's sunshine and rainbows radio, yet loathe the media who is hard on the team.

Funny thing is that as I’m streaming WGR on my lunch break or commuting down here in the A, I feel like Murph has been very critical of the Bills of late, more so than Tasker—to the point where I took notice of it because I was expecting more Chris Brown lite than anything else from him. Also, the local Atlanta media is generally more powder puff on the Falcons than WGR on Bills, IMO, even during early bad stretch this year for them 

7 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Yet, for some reason, they are doing what ... an AM radio gig in Buffalo and posting their drivel on third rate internet sites.   

I wonder if Bucky is still on there promoting his "AD for a day" grand vision for UB Athletics... cutting the football program down to the studs because it's too expensive or whatever.

Bucky admonished former AD Danny White at every turn, despite White helping to build what now stands (and who has already injected considerable life into the UCF athletic programs). Visionary Bucky wanted to scale back the level of football competition, presumably to better match Coach Leipold's experience.  Instead, the program will soon have a double digit win season and several high NFL draft picks to go along with All-Pro Khalil Mack. He's an idiot.

We are now stepping into the golden age of UB Athletics, with football at 9-1 and an impending bowl bid.  MBB is heavily favored to win the MAC and then some, & WBB is coming off a sweet 16 appearance. We will enjoy Coach Oats and Coach Jack as long as we have them, as they are each bound to get tough-to-refuse offers as soon as this spring. 

And these three highest profile UB athletic programs are all built to sustain that level of success for the foreseeable future.

Eff off Bucky!!! 

(and Sully, who was above covering UB athletics unless it meant a free road trip to Cleveland or wherever)

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

I'm betting it was Bob Matthews. Not exactly Peter King. I'm also betting his source was one of the drunks who call his radio show.

Why can't you just say who it was? It's not a state secret.