Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

Damn right they blackballed them. It’s personal. Maybe Bucky or Sully would like to write about the various times they’ve been in public venues like a bar or restaurant and treated various people from PSE, the Sabres, or Bills rudely for no other reason than they carry grudges. 

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Looking for something to make a joke of like Sully and Bucky.

Hopefully Mad one would be funnier that their stale old recycled columns.

I'm all for ripping on them.  Just want the Pegulas to have a bit thicker skin.  

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I think its crappy, the Pegulas have thin skin, and as owners, deserve to have poop thrown their way.

People complain about john Murphy's sunshine and rainbows radio, yet loathe the media who is hard on the team.

I’ve actually heard Murphy cut off Steve Tasker when he was criticizing the team. I think it was after the week two loss.

I say censoring the press is good if they have views that I disagree with.

Edited by vincec

To me I want journalists who are critical of the franchise fair or unfair. Hell there is a small minority in New England who attack Tom Brady & Bill Belichick. 

Sully & Bucky would be in that camp of journos who would still find ways to critique year over year success based on ego. 

I don’t like those guys but stopping them from having any press credentials is borderline pathetic. Let the voices of dissent be heard. 

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I came across and interesting interview on Twitter with Bucky Gleason.  In the interview he sounds good about a number of topics.  Including the Buffalo News - he said that the new management from outside of Buffalo too over and didn’t understand Buffalo sports.  He said they bought into the Twitter mob that said they were too negative.  So when they took away his column, he knew it was time to leave.

He also said that the Pegulas and the Bills significantly influence the local media either directly ($$$$) or indirectly (advertising $$$) - alluding to WGR and other outlets in Buffalo.  

Later he said that they both tried to get press credentials from the Bills to cover the team.  The Bills denied their website The Maven - which is kind of like a free version of The Athletic - and are the only team in the NFL team to deny press rights to The Maven.  He later tried getting credentialed through 1270 AM, where he has a radio show.  1270 AM was already approved but since Bucky and Sully weren’t on the original press list for 1270, they were again denied.  Again, Bucky says this is very rare in the NFL.

His take is that the Pegulas and The Bills are essentially blackballing Bucky and Sully because they don’t like how critical the duo has been.  In his mind, this is an atrocious and petty thing to do to a journalist.  

Its a facinating interview.  Check it out:

http://moranalytics.com/ep-66-bucky-gleason-sports-writer-radio-host/

Good for the Bills - Sucky and Bully can go cover the Pats then since this does not happen on other locations.

It could not happen to two more deserving knuckleheads.

Good for Buffalo.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Alexander? Do you mean Derek Anderson?  

And Peterson started in Chargers because the OC at that time put his balls on chopping block.

Alexander …. Anderson …. whatever .... all those "stop gap" QBs look the same to me.

give me a break, I'm old and bordering on senility.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Don't take it so personally. Just something I heard in the radio. Also, he is a pretty good sports guy. Not some Joe blow just looking to make waves. I could see 8t being true as much as I coukd see it not being true. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, because Peterman isn't the future 

I don't take anything about any sports team personally. I'm just pointing out that your "pretty good sports guy" is not, he actually IS some Joe blow looking to make waves.

However I do agree with you 100% in that Peterman is NOT in our future … IMHO … once Josh & Anderson are healed Nathan probably receives a lovely parting gift from the Bills and is sent on his way.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm sure they are getting black balled and that is totally petty, unprofessional, and even sleazy.

F the Pegulas.

I totally agree. What the !@#$ is wrong with these knuckledraggers who are against free speech and freedom of the press?

Are you kidding me? What the hell is wrong with a dissenting point of view? This is America you a$$holes. 

I am really worried for this country if we believe it is alright to attack the free press and complain about freedom of speech. The Pegulas should be ashamed of themselves! What an un-American disgraceful act of cowardice. What a bunch of pussies who are afraid to hear criticism. You may disagree with Sullivan and Gleason, but it is an American right to be able to express their opinions without being blackballed by some arrogant thin skinned billionaire.

God save America from these morons.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsguy said:

I totally agree. What the !@#$ is wrong with these knuckledraggers who are against free speech and freedom of the press?

Are you kidding me? What the hell is wrong with a dissenting point of view? This is America you a$$holes. 

I am really worried for this country if we believe it is alright to attack the free press and complain about freedom of speech. The Pegulas should be ashamed of themselves! What an un-American disgraceful act of cowardice. What a bunch of pussies who are afraid to hear criticism. You may disagree with Sullivan and Gleason, but it is an American right to be able to express their opinions without being blackballed by some arrogant thin skinned billionaire.

God save America from these morons.

Thanks, Bucky.  Or is this Sully?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsguy said:

Crack open a history book you brain dead moron!

Can you recommend one that explains why anyone claiming to be press has an absolute right to have any question answered by whomever they demand it from?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I never found Bucly or Sulky to be very good at covering Buffalo sports teams.  The easiest thing to do is criticize, which they did in spades.  The hardest thing to do is get breaking news and meaningful insights, which they almost never did.   Time and time again the biggest Bills news would come from National media outlets and these two clowns played catch-up. 

Just because you are THE MEDIA doesn’t mean you don’t have to be good at your job.  Good riddance.  I don’t miss them and I avoid their second rate outlet.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

No, but who was the host that said it? Rochester Sports coverage ranges from awful to bad.