Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

53 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

The mainstays at WGR, Simon, White, Parker and Schopp, their acts and egos have all grown old.

Capaccio too, but he did so much faster and his ego is a bit larger than all others there....easily more so than Schopp and White combined.

His occasional reminder of his high school football "career" and he coached kids is so laughable.  

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

I never wanted something not to be true so bad, but I completely believe you. That pretty much explains everything. 

Peterman did deserve to start against the Chargers. Tyrod was playing awful and his benching was deserved. Peterman also won the job this year in the preseason, after looking like our best QB in camp for the 2nd straight year.

We will see what happens when both Anderson & Allen are healthy. If they keep him as a 3rd QB, you might be on to something 

Not surprised and frankly don't blame the Pegula's. While I am not fans of the ownership thus far by Terry and Kim, both of them took shots and criticism that went past analysis and were uncalled. If Tim Graham, Vic, Joe B, etc... can criticize the team without crossing the boundary so can those two.

With sports teams especially its a privileged not a right to get press access. I remember at one point Terry was criticized by Jerry Sullivan for his contributions to Penn State hockey because of the Sandusky atrocity which was far before Pegula came in. It made literally zero sense and just felt cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

" . . . atrocious and petty thing to do . . . ."

Bucky and Sully should know about atrocious and petty . . . they have made careers of being just that.

Should it surprise anyone that they have burned the bridge . . . several times.

It is funny that he mentions WGR.  I listen to WGR often on the radio.com app during my commute etc.  The guys on WGR seem to feel no hesitation to be critical.  I am not sure what his point is.

There clearly is some history.  As I recall, Bucky completely embarrassed himself during a year end Sabres press conference.  Bucky also wrote the article suggesting that Kim should essentially just be responsible for picking the drapes.

Sully has been targeting Pegula for years now.  Some may recall that Sully wrote that Pegula merely got lucky in making his billions and suggested that he was a racist when he made a joke at an event with Mayor Brown.  

Bucky and Sully made their own bed . . . .  No one should feel sorry for them.

• Like (+1) 3

If your team is hot garbage then the fanbase will hear about it and you will be mocked.

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have the worst offense since the invention of the forward pass.

There isn't really anything subjective about this year........the Pegs have put a disgrace of a football team on the field.......even by Billsy standards.

Bucky and Sully aren't needed to point this out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

This "well known sports guy" in Rochester doesn't know that the reason Peterman started the San Diego game was because the Bills lost three games in a row largely because of the ineffective play of Tyrod, and Peterman started this season because he clearly won the open QB competition this off season, and the reason he is STILL on this team is because Allen has an elbow injury, Alexander has a concussion, and newly signed Barkley is statically hardly an upgrade?

I think this "well known sports guy" needs his press credentials pulled just like Bucky and Sully … he certainly doesn't know what he's "reporting, just spews nonsense, and makes up the fact that he has inside sources. 

28 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Not surprised and frankly don't blame the Pegula's. While I am not fans of the ownership thus far by Terry and Kim, both of them took shots and criticism that went past analysis and were uncalled. If Tim Graham, Vic, Joe B, etc... can criticize the team without crossing the boundary so can those two.

With sports teams especially its a privileged not a right to get press access. I remember at one point Terry was criticized by Jerry Sullivan for his contributions to Penn State hockey because of the Sandusky atrocity which was far before Pegula came in. It made literally zero sense and just felt cheap.

Sully does realize that Sandusky was in the football program and not hockey?  Right?  By Sully's logic everybody should have boycotted Penn State.  If every school was entirely boycotted for the misdeeds of one staffer or faculty person we would not have any higher education in this country.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Sully does realize that Sandusky was in the football program and not hockey?  Right?  By Sully's logic everybody should have boycotted Penn State.  If every school was entirely boycotted for the misdeeds of one staffer or faculty person we would not have any higher education in this country.

But was it just one staffer, or the whole organization - including Paterno - that covered up the whole thing?

(BTW, I’m not disagreeing with you - this very serious scandal is prevalent throughout higher education, secondary education, and elementary education.)

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't read the Buffalo news.

But from what it seems like Sully and Bucky criticize the team because they suck. What else are they supposed to do?

And if Pegula doesn't like it maybe he should field a good football team.

I agree.  Funny how a lot of those 'glory year' guys hated Jerry to begin with but respected him at the end of their careers.  Wonder what changed?  

But...I think Bucky made it personal w Kim when he shouldn't have.  Hell hath no fury like a scorned billionaire...?

This is petty and beneath the Pegulas if true.  Bucky and Sully devolved because of laziness, but journalism is important.  The Pegulas won the battle with those two; it's time for them to act like it (if true).  They've already lost everything.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, macaroni said:

This "well known sports guy" in Rochester doesn't know that the reason Peterman started the San Diego game was because the Bills lost three games in a row largely because of the ineffective play of Tyrod, and Peterman started this season because he clearly won the open QB competition this off season, and the reason he is STILL on this team is because Allen has an elbow injury, Alexander has a concussion, and newly signed Barkley is statically hardly an upgrade?

I think this "well known sports guy" needs his press credentials pulled just like Bucky and Sully … he certainly doesn't know what he's "reporting, just spews nonsense, and makes up the fact that he has inside sources. 

Don't take it so personally. Just something I heard in the radio. Also, he is a pretty good sports guy. Not some Joe blow just looking to make waves. I could see 8t being true as much as I coukd see it not being true. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, because Peterman isn't the future 

42 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I can't disagree more.  It's a private enterprise which depends upon significant public support both in the form of patronage and tax money.  All press coverage should be expected and accepted.    

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Alexander? Do you mean Derek Anderson?  

And Peterson started in Chargers because the OC at that time put his balls on chopping block.

8 minutes ago, The Senator said:

But was it just one staffer, or the whole organization - including Paterno - that covered up the whole thing?

(BTW, I’m not disagreeing with you - this very serious scandal is prevalent throughout higher education, secondary education, and elementary education.)

Granted that Paterno probably had disproportionate power but in most colleges there is an athletic director that would be another layer between the football program and hockey program.  I have a problem crapping on Pegula seeing that he did not specify that Paterno receive any money.

Just now, stony said:

I can't disagree more.  It's a private enterprise which depends upon significant public support both in the form of patronage and tax money.  All press coverage should be expected and accepted.    

So a correspondent for Mad Magazine and an elementary school newspaper should be allowed in? 

If someone is posting slanderous attack articles the owner certainly has right to bar someone. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

So a correspondent for Mad Magazine and an elementary school newspaper should be allowed in? 

If someone is posting slanderous attack articles the owner certainly has right to bar someone. 

Why would a correspondent from Mad Magazine be covering the Bills?