Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

Just now, stony said:

I think it's petty of the owners to censor coverage of their team.  With that said, Bucky was extremely stupid with that take.  

What about the pettiness of the "journalists" who don't understand that with actions come repercussions?  The Pegulas have to face up to whatever their franchises are on a daily basis.  Who do Bucky and Sully have to answer to?

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I came across and interesting interview on Twitter with Bucky Gleason.  In the interview he sounds good about a number of topics.  Including the Buffalo News - he said that the new management from outside of Buffalo too over and didn’t understand Buffalo sports.  He said they bought into the Twitter mob that said they were too negative.  So when they took away his column, he knew it was time to leave.

I always knew Bucky was a sharp one.

• Haha (+1) 4

Those guys can choke on one.  Good for terry. I’d have done the same.  I’m glad that I can actually contribute my $ to the BN blitz now that they’re gone.  Can’t imagine what their articles would look like this year.

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

I would say the Pegula's have been more awful to the fans than Schopp & Bulldog have been to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

What about the pettiness of the "journalists" who don't understand that with actions come repercussions?  The Pegulas have to face up to whatever their franchises are on a daily basis.  Who do Bucky and Sully have to answer to?

Fair question.  I honestly don't know where I come down with that.  I'd like 'my' owners to accept critical press as part of the game and look past it.  Just me.  

Then again...Bucky put a bullseye on his back w that take.  One of the perks of ownership is getting to sit in those meetings and doing whatever the F you want.     

On 11/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

THAT would be very disappointing, so I’ll just hope it’s inaccurate in some way. That would concern me far more than the press passes. Hire your football people and let them do their job. I prefer to tell myself the Dennison version, which sounded possible, if not even likely.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Bucky and Sully, two bitter old men who will be off the scene this time next year. the only reason they have any press at all is because they bemoan how they are viewed and a few of their fanboys post their drivel here.

This came down to a printing contract.

The BN is the biggest printer in WNY and wanted the contract to print game day programs. Sources report "you want the program printing contract--get rid of Bucky and Sully."

As told to me by Dunkirk Don during a a break from one of our meetings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

If the Pegulas believe the show hosts on WGR are unfair to their teams, I would think the broadcast rights might be awarded to a different entity besides Entercom at the next negotiations covering broadcast rights.  I remember how Entercom pitched themselves as the 'voice of the fans' the last time they lost broadcast rights.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If the Pegulas believe the show hosts on WGR are unfair to their teams, I would think the broadcast rights might be awarded to a different entity besides Entercom at the next negotiations covering broadcast rights.  I remember how Entercom pitched themselves as the 'voice of the fans' the last time they lost broadcast rights.

Thats what Bucky was saying about influence.  The Pegulas are such big players in town owning 2 sports franchises.  They have direct influence over a WGR and indirect influence over the Buffalo news, television, or radio through all of the  advertising they do.  

I hope that Bucky’s narrative isn’t right because I personally have always liked Terry and Kim.   But if he is right, it’s not a very good look.

9 minutes ago, boater said:

This came down to a printing contract.

The BN is the biggest printer in WNY and wanted the contract to print game day programs. Sources report "you want the program printing contract--get rid of Bucky and Sully."

As told to me by Dunkirk Don during a a break from one of our meetings.

There could be some truth to this.  I have heard that the News actually makes a lot of money as a commercial printing service.  Much more than revenue from the newspaper  itself

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I don’t buy it...only because there are a number of reporters in town with a lot of access to players etc.  None of the big players in town have reported this, so I don’t think this dude from Rochester is sitting on a major scoop and no one is reporting it

16 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Seriously though....fans are giving them crap for being negative.  The stuff in this forum is far more negative and viscious than anything Bucky or Sully wrote.  I think they were doing their job - and don’t feel they should be penalized for that

...you can put the D&C's Maiorana and Roth in the same bucket.......can almost predict what they'll write after a stinker.......granted the Bills provide them with PLENTY of fodder and opportunities......you'd hope their damn pens either run out of ink or carpal tunnel sets in for an eight week break.......these guys have an OBD Dartboard in their offices.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you can put the D&C's Maiorana and Roth in the same bucket.......can almost predict what they'll write after a stinker.......granted the Bills provide them with PLENTY of fodder and opportunities......you'd hope their damn pens either run out of ink or carpal tunnel sets in for an eight week break.......these guys have an OBD Dartboard in their offices.....

LOL I think they recycle articles.  At least Sal does!

• Haha (+1) 1